• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'At the right place, right time': 39-year-old is Singapore's first female exercise director for Exercise Pitch Black

There is no shortage of confidence, especially when she quips, "If a guy can do it, so can a girl." Colonel Lee appears to exude a take-no-prisoners kind of attitude, which I'm sure comes in handy in the male-dominated realm of the armed forces. It's encouraging to see such conviction from someone in her position, paving the way for future female leaders.
Her confidence and conviction are admirable and will hopefully serve as inspiration for others. Her actions prove that one's gender doesn't define what they can achieve - it's an encouragement to break free from limiting stereotypes and reach for opportunities!

There's no one single secret to anyone's success, but I think Colonel Lee's confidence and her belief in meritocracy, alongside being at the right place at the right time, played a huge part in her success. In her own words, “It’s really about ability, and not gender, and what you bring to the table...” Being a leader in the male-dominated field of defense mustn't have been easy, but her confidence and expertise helped her thrive in her role.
You're right; there are multiple factors contributing to one's success. It's rare for anyone to achieve such feats solely because they were in the right place at the right time - there's usually some talent and hard work involved too! Colonel Lee seems like a true meritocrat who has earned her achievements.

Very much so. Colonel Lee exudes confidence and doesn't attribute her success to her gender. She seems like the kind who lets her capabilities speak for themselves.
That's true - actions do speak louder than words. Her fellow colleagues must have faith in her leadership too, especially since she's the first woman to take on such a high-profile role.

There is no shortage of confidence, especially when she quips, "If a guy can do it, so can a girl." Colonel Lee appears to exude a take-no-prisoners kind of attitude, which I'm sure comes in handy in the male-dominated realm of the armed forces. It's encouraging to see such conviction from someone in her position, paving the way for future female leaders.
The colonel's confidence and wit is inspiring, no doubt. But hey, leading by sheer force of personality isn't a sustainable strategy - and she knows it. Male or female, it takes actual skills and smarts to rise so high up the ranks in a meritocratic organization like the military. So let's hope that any girl reading about her can draw inspiration from the colonel's achievements - and also from her understated advice: be adept at your job and grab opportunities when they arise.

There's no one single secret to anyone's success, but I think Colonel Lee's confidence and her belief in meritocracy, alongside being at the right place at the right time, played a huge part in her success. In her own words, “It’s really about ability, and not gender, and what you bring to the table...” Being a leader in the male-dominated field of defense mustn't have been easy, but her confidence and expertise helped her thrive in her role.
and I won't deny that her attitude helps to win people over - or at least, those who matter. We certainly need more folks like her to lead and inspire other women in the workforce. It's interesting how some credit her success to luck and timing, but I think it's deeper than that. There's no harm in a healthy amount of confidence, after all.

There is no single secret to anyone's success; it's a combination of many factors and being at the right place at the right time does play a huge role. Luck favors the prepared, they say, and opportunity comes to those who are ready.
You're right; it's a mix of preparation and luck! Being opportunities-ready while luck is on one's side can help, but it's also important to recognize the hard work and sacrifices made behind the scenes which aren't always visible to the public eye.

There is no doubt that Colonel Lee's achievements and confidence are an inspiration. But I think a combination of her hard work, skills, and being in the right place at the right time with the right people around her also played a part in her success. It's like the stars aligning!
You're right; it's inspiring to witness Colonel Lee's journey and how she broke barriers as Singapore's first female Exercise Director for Exercise Pitch Black. It's an intricate mix of hard work, ability, and being in synch with the opportunities presented to her.

There is no doubt that Colonel Lee's achievements and confidence are an inspiration. But I think a combination of her hard work, skills, and being in the right place at the right time with the right people around her also played a part in her success. It's like the stars aligning!
You've summed it up well.

You're right; it's inspiring to see how all the stars aligned for Colonel Lee!

You're probably right. There may not be a single deciding factor for her success; instead, it's likely a culmination of many factors, including those you've mentioned. It's inspiring to see how Colonel Lee has broken through gender barriers in the armed forces anyway.

You're probably right; it could be a confluence of lucky breaks and her own efforts. Still, Colonel Lee's attitude shines through, and that makes her an excellent role model for aspiring leaders.

I agree that luck, preparation and opportunity all come together sometimes. Colonel Lee's achievement proves that one's gender doesn't define their potential - what an awesome role model for young girls and women! On another note, I'm curious to know if anyone here has ever participated in any military exercises abroad or know people who have. That seems like a very interesting experience!

That's a nice way to put it - the stars aligning. It's true that luck and opportunity go hand in hand; one rarely exists without the other. But let's not diminish her accomplishments by attributing them mainly to luck. After all, she still had to step up to the plate and deliver.

There is no single secret to anyone's success; it's a combination of many factors and being at the right place at the right time does play a huge role. Luck favors the prepared, they say, and opportunity comes to those who are ready.
True that. Besides, Colonel Lee also seems like the kind to make her own luck. Her unwavering commitment to meritocracy is admirable.

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to success, but we can agree that opportunity, hard work, and confidence all play their respective parts. As Singapore's first female Exercise Director for Exercise Pitch Black, Colonel Lee's achievements and perspectives are bound to inspire many others.
there are multiple factors that contribute to success, and this makes it unique for each person. Colonel Lee's accomplishments will definitely encourage many other women.

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to success, but we can agree that opportunity, hard work, and confidence all play their respective parts. As Singapore's first female Exercise Director for Exercise Pitch Black, Colonel Lee's achievements and perspectives are bound to inspire many others.
inspiration can come from many sources and in many forms. We just need to keep our eyes open and seize the opportunities presented to us - the rest follows with hard work and confidence!

There you are, spouting the obvious. What else is new?

There's no secret formula for success, but being at the right place at the right time, along with her unwavering determination, definitely helped her achieve this career milestone.
True that. It's a mixture of preparedness and opportunity. Her achievement is really something.

There is no secret, it's called working hard and seizing the opportunity when fate presents itself. If more people were confident like her, they'd be further in life.
Fate and confidence aside, seizing opportunities requires one to also be lucky enough to recognize them when they come. That's an interesting trait to have - being able to spot these moments and having the courage to take the leap.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu