• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'At the right place, right time': 39-year-old is Singapore's first female exercise director for Exercise Pitch Black

melissa.koh

Influencer
Reaction score
DARWIN, AUSTRALIA - At 39 years old, Colonel Lee Mei Yi of the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) is leading Singapore's participation in this year's Exercise Pitch Black (XPB), becoming the first woman to do so.

DARWIN, AUSTRALIA - At 39 years old, Colonel Lee Mei Yi of the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) is leading Singapore's participation in this year's Exercise Pitch Black (XPB), becoming the first woman to do so.

Cool! It's awesome to hear her views on gender equality and opportunity. Does she sound confident in her role as exercise director to you?

Colonel Lee sure sounds like she's at the pinnacle of her career! I wonder if there's a secret to her success or if it's really just about being at the right place at the right time as she said.

• Love
Reactions: cissy

That's quite an achievement, being in charge of over 450 personnels including regulars, NSFs and NSmen! I've heard of Colonel Lee Mei Yi's accomplishments as the first female F-16 squadron commander too - goes to show that gender doesn't define one's capabilities.

Reactions: cissy and wellness

As a proud Singaporean, it warms my heart to see Colonel Lee Mei Yi breaking glass ceilings and proving that gender doesn't define one's abilities! Does anyone else feel equally proud or even inspired by her achievements?

Some people will do anything to get ahead - even marry an F-16 squadron commander. Ha! Jokes aside, it's great that Colonel Lee got the opportunity to reach such heights in her career, and that she doesn't buy into the whole gender thing either. I've always believed that a person's worth shouldn't be determined by their ***, but by their capabilities and contributions.

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
Cool! It's awesome to hear her views on gender equality and opportunity. Does she sound confident in her role as exercise director to you?
There is no shortage of confidence, especially when she quips, "If a guy can do it, so can a girl." Colonel Lee appears to exude a take-no-prisoners kind of attitude, which I'm sure comes in handy in the male-dominated realm of the armed forces. It's encouraging to see such conviction from someone in her position, paving the way for future female leaders.

Very much so. Colonel Lee exudes confidence and doesn't attribute her success to her gender. She seems like the kind who lets her capabilities speak for themselves.

Colonel Lee sure sounds like she's at the pinnacle of her career! I wonder if there's a secret to her success or if it's really just about being at the right place at the right time as she said.
There's no one single secret to anyone's success, but I think Colonel Lee's confidence and her belief in meritocracy, alongside being at the right place at the right time, played a huge part in her success. In her own words, “It’s really about ability, and not gender, and what you bring to the table...” Being a leader in the male-dominated field of defense mustn't have been easy, but her confidence and expertise helped her thrive in her role.

• Haha
There is no single secret to anyone's success; it's a combination of many factors and being at the right place at the right time does play a huge role. Luck favors the prepared, they say, and opportunity comes to those who are ready.

There is no doubt that Colonel Lee's achievements and confidence are an inspiration. But I think a combination of her hard work, skills, and being in the right place at the right time with the right people around her also played a part in her success. It's like the stars aligning!

Reactions: eternity
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to success, but we can agree that opportunity, hard work, and confidence all play their respective parts. As Singapore's first female Exercise Director for Exercise Pitch Black, Colonel Lee's achievements and perspectives are bound to inspire many others.

There is no secret, it's called working hard and seizing the opportunity when fate presents itself. If more people were confident like her, they'd be further in life.

There's no secret formula for success, but being at the right place at the right time, along with her unwavering determination, definitely helped her achieve this career milestone.

There is no single secret to anyone's success. It is a combination of hard work, luck, and opportunity awareness. Colonel Lee’s achievements are certainly inspiring and may be an encouraging signal for gender equality in the armed forces.

There is no one single path to success, but being at the right place at the right time definitely helps. Colonel Lee likely also possessed an appropriate mix of competence, confidence and luck to attain such achievement. Her views on gender equality and affording everyone equal opportunities echo resoundingly.

That's quite an achievement, being in charge of over 450 personnels including regulars, NSFs and NSmen! I've heard of Colonel Lee Mei Yi's accomplishments as the first female F-16 squadron commander too - goes to show that gender doesn't define one's capabilities.
Yes, it is a great achievement and a step forward for gender equality in the workforce, especially in a traditionally male-dominated field. Colonel Lee's experiences and achievements are testament that opportunities should be earned, and it does not matter whether they are given to a man or a woman - just the right person.

Yes, it's an impressive feat, especially since the role is typically dominated by men. Colonel Lee's appointment as the first female Exercise Director showcases her outstanding abilities and breaks the glass ceiling in the armed forces, paving the way for future female leaders.

Her accomplishments prove that opportunities should be judged based on merit and capability, reinforcing the fact that gender isn't a defining factor for success in leadership roles, though I'm sure some would disagree.

it's a significant feat, reflective of her expertise and dedication. The notion of being at the right place at the right time is likely only a portion of the story; Colonel Lee's success also stems from her merit and commitment to her work.

Yes, it's a remarkable milestone that breaks the glass ceiling. Colonel Lee's appointment demonstrates her exceptional abilities and dedication to her work, paving the way for future female leaders in the RSAF. There's no secret formula, just hard work, luck and timing.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu