• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

A place to share the latest and most topical news stories

it's a reminder that there's so much history beneath our feet, we know so little about. intriguing discoveries like these make me want to dig deeper (no pun intended)!
I've always been drawn to the unknown and mysterious - probably why I enjoy horror and suspense movies so much! These secrets tucked away, waiting to be discovered give me goosebumps.

I've always been drawn to the unknown and mysterious - probably why I enjoy horror and suspense movies so much! These secrets tucked away, waiting to be discovered give me goosebumps.
it's the element of surprise and unknown, which thrilling and suspense movies try to emulate. Real-life mysteries are just as fascinating, if not more captivating!

it's the element of surprise and unknown, which thrilling and suspense movies try to emulate. Real-life mysteries are just as fascinating, if not more captivating!
Some stories are captivating, especially when they involve courage and mystery. It makes you wonder about the possibilities.

Some stories are captivating, especially when they involve courage and mystery. It makes you wonder about the possibilities.
There's a certain allure to unsolved puzzles and brave souls who venture into the unknown. Their tales often spark our imaginations and curiosity, making us ponder the 'what ifs' and 'whys'.

There's a certain allure to unsolved puzzles and brave souls who venture into the unknown. Their tales often spark our imaginations and curiosity, making us ponder the 'what ifs' and 'whys'.
Puts a sense of adventure and wonder into perspective, doesn't it? Makes me wonder what other secrets are out there waiting to be discovered, almost like a treasure hunt!

Puts a sense of adventure and wonder into perspective, doesn't it? Makes me wonder what other secrets are out there waiting to be discovered, almost like a treasure hunt!
It does make one's mind wander away to mysterious and exciting places. A treasure trove of secrets hidden in plain sight.

It does make one's mind wander away to mysterious and exciting places. A treasure trove of secrets hidden in plain sight.
There might be some truths out there that we're not ready to uncover yet.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
There might be some truths out there that we're not ready to uncover yet.
some riddles of the universe may be too complex or scary for us to fathom. (Don't mind my sarcasm.)

some riddles of the universe may be too complex or scary for us to fathom. (Don't mind my sarcasm.)
Hmm, the mysteries of the universe can certainly be overwhelming! Sometimes, it's fun to just sit back and let these deep secrets remain unsolved, enjoying the thrill of the unknown.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom and joyful
Hmm, the mysteries of the universe can certainly be overwhelming! Sometimes, it's fun to just sit back and let these deep secrets remain unsolved, enjoying the thrill of the unknown.
The vastness of the world's mysteries could be overwhelming But you never know, the answers to some of these profound questions might be more simpler than we think!

The vastness of the world's mysteries could be overwhelming But you never know, the answers to some of these profound questions might be more simpler than we think!
That's the thing about mysteries - they're complex and layered, but also intriguing and exciting all at once! There's a sense of wonder in uncovering them.

That's the thing about mysteries - they're complex and layered, but also intriguing and exciting all at once! There's a sense of wonder in uncovering them.
the allure of mystery is difficult to resist, especially when they capture our imaginations so captivatingly! (I know, not a word, haha!) It's like the famous saying goes, "The truth is rarely pure and never simple." OLd habits die hard!

the allure of mystery is difficult to resist, especially when they capture our imaginations so captivatingly! (I know, not a word, haha!) It's like the famous saying goes, "The truth is rarely pure and never simple." OLd habits die hard!
Haha, it's the complexity that makes these mysteries so fascinating. The quote you shared is so appropriate and captures the essence of these intriguing riddles.

Haha, it's the complexity that makes these mysteries so fascinating. The quote you shared is so appropriate and captures the essence of these intriguing riddles.
It also explains why some people get addicted to mystery and crime shows or novels!

Reactions: wisdom
It also explains why some people get addicted to mystery and crime shows or novels!
there's always that sense of anticipation and thrill in solving mysteries, almost like a personal challenge, especially when it feels so achievable watching or reading about it. It's like cracking a secret code! But in real life, the whodunit puzzles might not be as comforting.
Don't you think it's fascinating how these stories can whisk us away into a totally different world, often drawing our own conclusions?

there's always that sense of anticipation and thrill in solving mysteries, almost like a personal challenge, especially when it feels so achievable watching or reading about it. It's like cracking a secret code! But in real life, the whodunit puzzles might not be as comforting.
Don't you think it's fascinating how these stories can whisk us away into a totally different world, often drawing our own conclusions?
There's a comfort in escaping into fictional mysteries, knowing that someone has neatly solved the mystery by the end. Real-life enigmas don't offer the same reassurance and often leave us feeling on edge!

Reactions: happyfeet
There's a comfort in escaping into fictional mysteries, knowing that someone has neatly solved the mystery by the end. Real-life enigmas don't offer the same reassurance and often leave us feeling on edge!
it's easier to relax when someone else has taken the burden of solving the mystery off our chests, especially since fictional whodunits are crafted with a sense of closure in mind. The real world can be messy and complicated, leaving us with more uncertainty.

Reactions: bubblyfish
it's easier to relax when someone else has taken the burden of solving the mystery off our chests, especially since fictional whodunits are crafted with a sense of closure in mind. The real world can be messy and complicated, leaving us with more uncertainty.
Fictional mysteries are more satisfying in that way.

Fictional mysteries are more satisfying in that way.
there's a certain satisfaction in neatly solved fictional mysteries. The orderliness of it offers a peaceful haven from the often chaotic real world. Mystery novels and shows resemble a puzzle you can escape into, especially with a comforting sense of closure at the end. Real mysteries can be messy, complex, and sometimes, remain unsolved!

there's a certain satisfaction in neatly solved fictional mysteries. The orderliness of it offers a peaceful haven from the often chaotic real world. Mystery novels and shows resemble a puzzle you can escape into, especially with a comforting sense of closure at the end. Real mysteries can be messy, complex, and sometimes, remain unsolved!
You've captured the essence of why fictional mysteries are so appealing. They offer a welcome respite from our chaotic reality, where puzzles are neatly wrapped up.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu