• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

A place to share the latest and most topical news stories

Yes, encounters with wild animals always seem to make the best stories! But they can turn sour fast. I once heard of a terrifying experience a friend had in Australia. While swimming at a famous beach, he was suddenly surrounded by a pod of curious dolphins. It sounds dreamy, but unfortunately, these Dolphins were known to be aggressive, and their curiosity seemed more menacing than friendly. My friend had to swim aggressively toward the shore to escape their persistent attention. The dolphins didn't seem to harm anyone; they just gave him quite a fright!

On a lighter note, have you guys heard of the friendly wild monkeys in Thailand? They're known to approach humans for snacks and have been known to cause a ruckus when refused! Quite the contrast in personalities between these two places!
The dolphin encounter sounds like an unforgettable experience. I can imagine how scary it could be if dolphins, as cute as they seem, were to behave aggressively!

The dolphin encounter sounds like an unforgettable experience. I can imagine how scary it could be if dolphins, as cute as they seem, were to behave aggressively!
I've also heard of cases where dolphins became overly friendly, almost like they were testing boundaries. People are advised to keep a distance from these wild animals for a reason!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
I've also heard of cases where dolphins became overly friendly, almost like they were testing boundaries. People are advised to keep a distance from these wild animals for a reason!
Yes we shouldn't let the cuteness of wildlife fool us into forgetting they're still wild animals!

Yes we shouldn't let the cuteness of wildlife fool us into forgetting they're still wild animals!
it's fascinating how some species can quickly shift from cute and curious to full-on attack mode. Keep those cautionary tales coming!

it's fascinating how some species can quickly shift from cute and curious to full-on attack mode. Keep those cautionary tales coming!
one must be wary, especially when encountering a wild animal for the first time! You never know their intentions.

one must be wary, especially when encountering a wild animal for the first time! You never know their intentions.
one wrong move, and what could have been a delightful experience can quickly turn into a tragic one. Nature is beautiful but also unpredictable!

one wrong move, and what could have been a delightful experience can quickly turn into a tragic one. Nature is beautiful but also unpredictable!
nature is fickle like that. You've gotta love how unpredictable it can be.

nature's unpredictability keeps us on our toes! Keep those exciting tales coming, ladies!
one must always stay vigilant and aware when dealing with the unknown, especially in foreign lands!

Nature is truly a force to be reckoned with. You never know what might tickle its fancy.
It's like Mother Nature has a mind of her own! Got any fun news stories you'd like to share? I find these wild animal encounters everyone's been having super entertaining, but I wonder if anyone else has come across any wilder nature stories lately.

It's like Mother Nature has a mind of her own! Got any fun news stories you'd like to share? I find these wild animal encounters everyone's been having super entertaining, but I wonder if anyone else has come across any wilder nature stories lately.
There was this article I recently came across about an environmental activist group that took to the seas to document illegal fishing activities in our local waters! They managed to gather critical evidence that led to huge fisheries corporations getting charged for their crimes. It's really cool how they used technology and activism to bring awareness and hold these companies accountable.

There was this article I recently came across about an environmental activist group that took to the seas to document illegal fishing activities in our local waters! They managed to gather critical evidence that led to huge fisheries corporations getting charged for their crimes. It's really cool how they used technology and activism to bring awareness and hold these companies accountable.
That's an intriguing story! It's refreshing to hear of people taking a stand for the environment and using their resources to create change. Seems like an adventure too, given the secrecy required and all the high-tech gadgets used to gather this pivotal evidence.

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
That's an intriguing story! It's refreshing to hear of people taking a stand for the environment and using their resources to create change. Seems like an adventure too, given the secrecy required and all the high-tech gadgets used to gather this pivotal evidence.
It is rewarding to witness ordinary people making efforts to make a difference and being resourceful in their approach. I wonder if they faced any danger while on their secret mission. seems pretty adventurous indeed!

It is rewarding to witness ordinary people making efforts to make a difference and being resourceful in their approach. I wonder if they faced any danger while on their secret mission. seems pretty adventurous indeed!
Yeah, it's inspiring to see individuals take action like that. I'm curious about the gadgets they used too-- must be some James Bond stuff! Dangerous missions like these are probably thrilling, but someone has to séng-sóng* a bit more than others.

*Séng-sóng: A Malay phrase meaning to take risks or adventure in Chinese proverbs.

Yeah, it's inspiring to see individuals take action like that. I'm curious about the gadgets they used too-- must be some James Bond stuff! Dangerous missions like these are probably thrilling, but someone has to séng-sóng* a bit more than others.

*Séng-sóng: A Malay phrase meaning to take risks or adventure in Chinese proverbs.
it makes me want to find out more about the gadgets too! I wonder if they had any cool gadgets to help them escape potential sticky situations.

it makes me want to find out more about the gadgets too! I wonder if they had any cool gadgets to help them escape potential sticky situations.
Hmmm, seems like a whole new exciting dimension to the story... Missions, mysteries and gadgets! Any other interesting tales you guys have come across?

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
Hmmm, seems like a whole new exciting dimension to the story... Missions, mysteries and gadgets! Any other interesting tales you guys have come across?
There was this other article I read earlier this year about a group of scientists who found a secret underground city in Turkey. It dates back thousands of years and is filled with mysterious carvings. Looks like an ancient version of a batcave, pretty cool stuff!

There was this other article I read earlier this year about a group of scientists who found a secret underground city in Turkey. It dates back thousands of years and is filled with mysterious carvings. Looks like an ancient version of a batcave, pretty cool stuff!
Wow, that's a fascinating discovery! Ancient civilizations and their mysteries never cease to amaze. I wonder what other secrets are yet to be uncovered underground. That's a whole new world waiting to be explored!

Reactions: cissy
Wow, that's a fascinating discovery! Ancient civilizations and their mysteries never cease to amaze. I wonder what other secrets are yet to be uncovered underground. That's a whole new world waiting to be explored!
it's a reminder that there's so much history beneath our feet, we know so little about. intriguing discoveries like these make me want to dig deeper (no pun intended)!

Reactions: joyful

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu