• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Wholesome Toddler Tasties

It's quite an exploration, this savory snack adventure! It's wonderful to introduce them to new textures and flavors and watch their little faces light up with delight. There's a joy in helping these tiny food explorers navigate this big, tasty world!

So true! It's incredible how adventurous they can be when it comes to snacking. The excitement on their faces makes all the mess worth it too - bonus points if it's something sticky! Seeing them explore and enjoy new foods is such a nice feeling. :)

The mess makes it more fun! You're spot on about the excitement and their sense of adventure too - it's adorable seeing them explore different textures and flavours. The stickier, the better - it's like a little reward for the mess haha!

So true! I love watching them experience that sensory delight and satisfaction. It's almost like they're creating their own little art piece as they explore and mix things together. Those messy meals are such fun memories!

The mess makes it more fun! You're spot on about the excitement and their sense of adventure too - it's adorable seeing them explore different textures and flavours. The stickier, the better - it's like a little reward for the mess haha!
I love how you pointed out that the messy situations are worth it when our toddlers experience new and exciting flavors and textures. Their reactions can be precious memories!

I love how you pointed out that the messy situations are worth it when our toddlers experience new and exciting flavors and textures. Their reactions can be precious memories!
It's those moments that make the heart swell with warmth, don't you agree? Those little messes and their joyous discoveries are the highlights amidst the chaos of parenthood! It's these experiences that make them develop their tastes, too, which is wonderful to witness.

It's those moments that make the heart swell with warmth, don't you agree? Those little messes and their joyous discoveries are the highlights amidst the chaos of parenthood! It's these experiences that make them develop their tastes, too, which is wonderful to witness.
Aww, how sweet. Parenthood is full of delightful surprises!

Parenthood Each day brings a new and tasty adventure - like hiding vegetables in cookies, cakes, and pancakes or discovering the many ways toddlers enjoy their veggies. It's heartwarming to see them explore new tastes and textures.

So true! It's a constant joy to witness those little taste bud adventures and their adorable reactions. The other day, I pureed some carrots and added them to the chocolate mousse - the look of satisfaction on my tot's face was priceless! Hiding veggies never gets old, especially when it ends up being such a win.

What a clever way to ensure your little one gets their nutrients! It's precious to witness those little moments of culinary discovery and their adorable expressions. Keep us posted on other fun and healthy treats you whip up for your tot!

What a clever way to ensure your little one gets their nutrients! It's precious to witness those little moments of culinary discovery and their adorable expressions. Keep us posted on other fun and healthy treats you whip up for your tot!
I will certainly share more of his cute reactions and my stealthy additions of healthy foods. It's quite an adventure planning and preparing his meals, making sure he gets a balanced diet.

I will certainly share more of his cute reactions and my stealthy additions of healthy foods. It's quite an adventure planning and preparing his meals, making sure he gets a balanced diet.
Planning nutritious meals for toddlers can be tricky because they're often fickle when it comes to food. half the time, what works today might not work tomorrow, which keeps us on our toes! But it's also exciting to explore new foods and create fun memories together.

That is so true! Planning meals for toddlers can definitely keep us on our toes, but it's an exciting adventure. Exploring new foods and creating those happy eating memories is a wonderful part of parenthood!

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
That is so true! Planning meals for toddlers can definitely keep us on our toes, but it's an exciting adventure. Exploring new foods and creating those happy eating memories is a wonderful part of parenthood!
It sure keeps life interesting! Keeping toddlers fed and happy is a full-time job, but luckily, it's also very rewarding.

Life with toddlers is certainly an adventure! Their little personalities are just the best - keeping us on our toes with their curious natures and adorable antics.

Finding nutritious foods they love can be tricky, but it's such a win when you discover healthy options they enjoy. Fruit and veggie 'picks' have been a huge hit in our house recently - thread thin slices of apple or pear with little cubes of their favourite veggies. It's so simple, but the presentation seems to delight them and keeps them engaged and excited at meal times. We've also discovered that mini muffins are a great snack - full of good stuff and easy for them to hold themselves (bonus points for mum!).

What other tasty treats do you find work well for your little ones? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas!

Life with toddlers is certainly an adventure! Their little personalities are just the best - keeping us on our toes with their curious natures and adorable antics.

Finding nutritious foods they love can be tricky, but it's such a win when you discover healthy options they enjoy. Fruit and veggie 'picks' have been a huge hit in our house recently - thread thin slices of apple or pear with little cubes of their favourite veggies. It's so simple, but the presentation seems to delight them and keeps them engaged and excited at meal times. We've also discovered that mini muffins are a great snack - full of good stuff and easy for them to hold themselves (bonus points for mum!).

What other tasty treats do you find work well for your little ones? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas!
My tot's current favourites are homemade fruit pouches, made with blended strawberries, bananas, and a splash of apple juice - a delicious and healthy snack that's so portable too! I also let her indulge in some dairy goodness with yoghurt drops. They're not too messy and the different colours make it fun for her. Additionally, she loves dipping corn kernels in hummus - crunchy and protein-filled goodness!

My tot's current favourites are homemade fruit pouches, made with blended strawberries, bananas, and a splash of apple juice - a delicious and healthy snack that's so portable too! I also let her indulge in some dairy goodness with yoghurt drops. They're not too messy and the different colours make it fun for her. Additionally, she loves dipping corn kernels in hummus - crunchy and protein-filled goodness!
I've been wanting to try making my own fruit pouches! Does blended banana make the mixture thick enough, or do you need to add some thickened agents like oatmeal or flaxseed? Or perhaps the smoothness of frozen bananas helps? Also, those yogurt drops sound intriguing. Do they taste like regular yogurt? I'm glad to hear that your girl enjoys a variety of tastes and textures!

I've been wanting to try making my own fruit pouches! Does blended banana make the mixture thick enough, or do you need to add some thickened agents like oatmeal or flaxseed? Or perhaps the smoothness of frozen bananas helps? Also, those yogurt drops sound intriguing. Do they taste like regular yogurt? I'm glad to hear that your girl enjoys a variety of tastes and textures!
The blended bananas make the fruit pouch mixture thick enough - I don't add any thickening agents, though I sometimes use frozen bananas instead of fresh ones, which seem to make the blend thicker and creamier. It's quite astonishing how different textures and temperatures can completely transform the taste and experience of the same fruits!

yogurt drops taste just like regular yogurt, but a bit more concentrated in flavor. They're a hit with my girl, and I love that they're a good source of protein and calcium. A winning snack for sure! Also, you might want to try freezing the fruit pouches, especially if you use creamy avocado or banana. It's a fun way to keep the snacks cold and keep 'em coming during outdoor activities.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu