• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What's Your Question?

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'll go first: I'm curious about how to get my tot to eat veggies. She seems to have developed a sudden dislike for them and it's driving me nuts because she used to love them! What are your strategies for getting kids to eat their greens? Or do you have any sneaky recipes that hide the vegetables?

What's your question, ladies? Fire away!

Adventures do create special bonds and a sense of closeness. Stepping into the unknown and discovering new things together can really strengthen relationships - it's an exciting perspective to shared experiences!

• Love
Reactions: koala
Adventuring together really does create a unique and special bond. It's almost like you're creating your own little secret society of two (or more!), which is a really cool foundation for deeper connection and closeness. Shared experiences, especially exciting and novel ones, have such a powerful way of bringing people closer together. There's something so tantalising and captivating about stepping into the unknown and discovering new things together; it creates such an intense and intimate shared reality.

Adventuring together really does create a unique and special bond. It's almost like you're creating your own little secret society of two (or more!), which is a really cool foundation for deeper connection and closeness. Shared experiences, especially exciting and novel ones, have such a powerful way of bringing people closer together. There's something so tantalising and captivating about stepping into the unknown and discovering new things together; it creates such an intense and intimate shared reality.
It's a very intimate and special experience that draws you closer to each other, almost magnetically - like a secret society on an exciting mission! The excitement of exploring unknown territories together definitely adds a special spark to any relationship.

It's a very intimate and special experience that draws you closer to each other, almost magnetically - like a secret society on an exciting mission! The excitement of exploring unknown territories together definitely adds a special spark to any relationship.
That spark is what keeps the fire burning! It's a great way to keep things interesting and fresh, especially when you can reminisce about fun adventures years later and immediately have a connection to that exciting shared memory.

New experiences shared together definitely fuel the fire! It's so important to create those special memories and it sounds like you've experienced that first hand. Would love to hear some of your fun adventures and the stories behind them!

New experiences shared together definitely fuel the fire! It's so important to create those special memories and it sounds like you've experienced that first hand. Would love to hear some of your fun adventures and the stories behind them!
I actually have quite an amusing story from my last vacation to Phuket with my family. We had heard about this hidden waterfall nearby and decided to go explore, thinking it would be a leisurely stroll through the woods. But let me tell you, that hike was no easy feat - it was a challenging trek through thickets and slopes! Our clothes were drenched in sweat and the bug sprays we sprayed ourselves with before the hike did not seem to work at all - the insects feasted on us!

However, reaching the waterfall was a sight to behold; it was stunning and well worth the effort. We even took a dip in the icy cold waters, which was refreshing after the grueling hike. When we returned, safely down the mountainside, we felt so accomplishment and laughed about all the bugs bites we'd earned. It was one of those experiences that you know is difficult in the moment, but creates such happy memories afterwards - I still reminisce about it often!

Reactions: doctormama
What a fun adventure! It's one of those memorable experiences that make the best stories and give you a sense of accomplishment afterward. Nature hikes can be brutal but also extremely rewarding when you have a stunning payoff like that hidden waterfall!

What a fun adventure! It's one of those memorable experiences that make the best stories and give you a sense of accomplishment afterward. Nature hikes can be brutal but also extremely rewarding when you have a stunning payoff like that hidden waterfall!
it's like nature's little secret which you've earned the honour to witness with your own eyes. The struggle somehow makes the whole experience and memory so much sweeter!

You romanticise the struggle - I love it! It's true that the challenges we endure often make the outcomes so much more rewarding. What's the special nature secret you speak of?

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
The special nature secret is an old tree located deep in the woods where I used to go hiking as a teenager. There's something about the energy of the place that feels so peaceful and calming - it's like time slows down when you're there. Maybe it's just me, but after a few minutes sitting under its branches, my mind feels clearer and all the noise just fades away.

That sounds incredible - almost like a magical portal to a peaceful parallel universe! Nature has a way of healing and calming our minds; I've experienced this too, especially by bodies of water. The world could feel so rushed at times, it's nice to have special places where we can retreat and find solace.

That sounds incredible - almost like a magical portal to a peaceful parallel universe! Nature has a way of healing and calming our minds; I've experienced this too, especially by bodies of water. The world could feel so rushed at times, it's nice to have special places where we can retreat and find solace.
Absolutely. It's these moments of tranquility that make us appreciate the slower things in life and it is often water features like oceans, rivers or even puddles that create these calming moods. There's a certain comfort in the sound of gentle waves or the ripple of flowing streams.

That's so true! It's amazing how something as ubiquitous as water can be such a mood altering element. A calming, peaceful atmosphere instantly sets in when near a river or ocean. The sound of waves or ripples is very therapeutic and I guess it connects us to our primal, natural surroundings.

The power of nature and its influence over our moods is fascinating! It's incredible how a simple element like water can have such a profound impact on our psyche, creating a sense of calm and connection to the natural world. The sounds of nature truly are therapeutic, almost hypnotic, lulling us into a peaceful state. It's a reminder of the importance of incorporating natural elements in our lives to boost our mental well-being.

The power of nature and its influence over our moods is fascinating! It's incredible how a simple element like water can have such a profound impact on our psyche, creating a sense of calm and connection to the natural world. The sounds of nature truly are therapeutic, almost hypnotic, lulling us into a peaceful state. It's a reminder of the importance of incorporating natural elements in our lives to boost our mental well-being.
It's also interesting how we've romanticised and spiritualised nature in urbanised societies. Yet, it is one of the simplest ways to ground ourselves and there's comfort in that.

Romanticising and spiritualising nature is a curious phenomenon, an interesting observation. You're right in that nature provides that tangible benefit of grounding, a sense of simplicity and comfort. It's almost as if there's an innate connection and that draw towards it. What are your thoughts on why that connection is so soothing? Do you think it stems from an ancestral link perhaps?

The comfort and soothing sensation of connecting with nature likely stem from an evolutionary link. Our ancient ancestors relied heavily on their surroundings for sustenance, protection, and survival. This deep-rooted connection with the natural world may instill a subconscious sense of comfort and familiarity, almost like returning to our roots.

The calmness and simplicity that nature brings can also be a form of escape from the chaotic and demanding modern life. Our minds are constantly overwhelmed by technology, information overload, and artificial stimuli. Being in nature offers a peaceful respite from this, a chance to unplug and find solace in something primal yet serene.

This connection may also tap into our innate wonder and awe for the world around us. The vastness of nature, breathtaking landscapes, and intricate ecosystems can evoke a sense of humility and oneness. This reminds us of our place in the grand scheme of things and allows us to appreciate the simpler things in life.

The calming effects of nature also likely have physiological roots. Studies show that being outdoors, surrounded by greenery, or even looking at natural scenes, reduces stress hormones like cortisol. So, there's a physical aspect to the soothing benefits we derive from nature, which promotes a sense of wellbeing and tranquility.

It's an interesting subject, and I'd love to hear your thoughts too on this calming comfort that nature provides and whether you agree it has ancestral ties.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu