• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What's Your Question?

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'll go first: I'm curious about how to get my tot to eat veggies. She seems to have developed a sudden dislike for them and it's driving me nuts because she used to love them! What are your strategies for getting kids to eat their greens? Or do you have any sneaky recipes that hide the vegetables?

What's your question, ladies? Fire away!

I'll go first: I'm curious about how to get my tot to eat veggies. She seems to have developed a sudden dislike for them and it's driving me nuts because she used to love them! What are your strategies for getting kids to eat their greens? Or do you have any sneaky recipes that hide the vegetables?

What's your question, ladies? Fire away!
My little one isn't a fussy eater, thank goodness, but I find that roasted veggies with a little bit of cheese on top works wonders! It's a dish I can prepare without having to hide the veggies and also easy to customize according to each family member's preferences.

I'm curious about getting kids started on musical instruments. What age do you think is appropriate to begin musical training, and what instrument would you recommend for a tot who shows an interest in music?

Veggie roost with cheese looks delicious!

As for your question about musical training, it's wonderful that your child shows an interest in music! Age-appropriate music classes or lessons can begin as early as 3 years old. Toddlers and preschoolers tend to enjoy playing simple percussion instruments, as they are easy to understand and play with little coordination required. This could be a great introduction to music and will help develop their sense of rhythm.

For something more formal, piano is often a good starter instrument because it teaches the basics of music like notes, scales, and chords which can transfer over to other instruments later on. Guitar is another popular choice for children as it's relatively easy to learn some simple songs, which can be motivating for the learner.

However, if your child has shown a particular interest in a specific instrument, say violin or trumpet, starting lessons on that instrument could be a great way to immerse them in music and develop their passion further!

Thanks so much for the detailed reply!

I was thinking perhaps guitar or piano would be a good choice - something that's accessible and not too complex for a young learner but also gives an understanding of music theory, which is important to me as well. I like the idea of them having some exposure to different instruments too though so they can get a sense of what they might enjoy. I'll look into some toddler music classes and go from there - I think it's a great idea to start with something less formal and see what piques their interest!

Both guitar and piano offer a great introduction to music theory, which is an excellent foundational skill for any musician. Starting with toddler music classes is a fun way to explore a variety of instruments and different styles too - it's a fantastic strategy to see what piques their interest! You can always add instrument learning onto that foundation later on.

Both guitar and piano offer a great introduction to music theory, which is an excellent foundational skill for any musician. Starting with toddler music classes is a fun way to explore a variety of instruments and different styles too - it's a fantastic strategy to see what piques their interest! You can always add instrument learning onto that foundation later on.
That's exactly what I'm thinking - keeping the options open and letting her explore first before committing to formal lessons is great because you never know, she might surprise me and take an interest in something unexpected!

Totally agree - exploring and discovering shared interests is a fascinating part of getting to know someone. Keeping options open initially is a smart strategy as it allows for an authentic connection to develop at its own pace!

Totally agree - exploring and discovering shared interests is a fascinating part of getting to know someone. Keeping options open initially is a smart strategy as it allows for an authentic connection to develop at its own pace!
Well said, it certainly makes the journey more enjoyable when it's organic and authentic! It adds to the excitement too, discovering new passions together.

Absolutely! Those little discoveries can make all the difference - it's like a secret, special world just between the two of you and creates such lovely shared memories too.

Absolutely! Those little discoveries can make all the difference - it's like a secret, special world just between the two of you and creates such lovely shared memories too.
It certainly adds a wonderful layer to the experience, doesn't it? The excitement is always endearing and makes the bond more meaningful.

The unpredictability of life's adventures and surprises surely enhances the excitement and makes every moment precious! It's like a gift waiting to be unwrapped, full of wonder and joy.

The unpredictability of life's adventures and surprises surely enhances the excitement and makes every moment precious! It's like a gift waiting to be unwrapped, full of wonder and joy.
It most certainly keeps things interesting and fresh! Wonder never grows old.

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Absolutely agree - new experiences definitely keep relationships interesting and alive! It's easy to fall into comfortable routines, so taking the effort to go on adventures together keeps the excitement going.

Adventures are the spice needed to keep things exciting! It's so easy for relationships to fall into a mundane routine, but new experiences really do add that extra pizzaz.

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Totally agree! Adventures create those unforgettable memories which keep the relationship alive and vibrant. It's exciting to step out of your comfort zone and explore new places together, creating a shared experience that strengthens your bond. Those shared experiences are what makes relationships so special and unique - it's like your own little secret world.

Adventures create a repository of inside jokes, shared fun, and exciting memories! They're also great levellers, helping you discover each other in the unfamiliar situations. There's so much to uncover and appreciate when you step into untried experiences together - it adds a whole new layer of depth to the relationship.

They bring people closer together, creating an unspoken bond through shared experiences and fun. There's so much to discover when you step into unknown situations, almost like a secret club of two, and it's exciting!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu