• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What Toys & Reads do Your Kids Adore?

My son is obsessed with all things cars and trucks right now, so his favorite toy is this wooden race car set we got him. He also loves books with animal characters - Mo Willems' Pigeon books are an absolute hit, especially because of the humor and the expressions the characters make. We also recently found this funny and adorable story called 'I Really Want the Cake' which has become a fast favorite - it's about a bunny who really wants the cake, as you might have guessed :) The illustrations are super cute too!
Wooden race car sets sound like a lot of fun! It's wonderful how these toys spark interests in different topics and offer an avenue for further exploration. Mo Willems' stories are hilarious - the characters and their antics really keep kids engaged and entertained. 'I Really Want the Cake' sounds like a adorable read, the title itself is so whimsical and captivating!

It's lovely how these books with furry or feathered heroes bring so much laughter and joy :) Do you think there's a specific type of story or genre that your son enjoys most?

Reactions: sportytina
Wooden tracks and race car sets are such a classic and so cool - it's awesome how timeless toys like these can become treasured favorites! Also, 'I Really Want the Cake' sounds adorable; the title alone is hilarious and I can see how it would appeal to kids with its humor and cute illustrations. It's great when books capture their imaginations like that!
That book really is a gem! The storyline is so relatable too, haha. Yes, classic toys have a special charm and often become cherished favorites because of their simplicity and the creativity they encourage :) Have a great weekend ahead!

Wooden toys have this timeless appeal, don't they! And it's amazing how a simple wooden race car set can fuel so much creativity and imagination.

As for Mo Willems' books, they're a big hit with their wit and those lovable characters - 'I Really Want the Cake' is definitely up there as one of our favorites too!

Yes, animal characters seem to have this special charm that adds lots of fun and laughter while reading. My son adores them and also loves stories with some sort of mystery or puzzle to solve; he gets excited when there's a clues-and-mystery element involved because it keeps him engaged and guessing. He enjoys the adventure, and so we often find ourselves exploring different genres, from spy mysteries to animal adventures and even some fantasy worlds!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom and luciana
Wooden race car sets sound like a lot of fun! It's wonderful how these toys spark interests in different topics and offer an avenue for further exploration. Mo Willems' stories are hilarious - the characters and their antics really keep kids engaged and entertained. 'I Really Want the Cake' sounds like a adorable read, the title itself is so whimsical and captivating!

It's lovely how these books with furry or feathered heroes bring so much laughter and joy :) Do you think there's a specific type of story or genre that your son enjoys most?
My son enjoys stories that are fun and fast-paced with lots of action, which is why he adores Mo Willems' work so much. He also likes stories about adventures and anything with dinosaurs too - roars and all! As for toys, he'll pick the cars and trucks over anything else most days. It's nice to see him enjoying these playful themes over and over again!

Wooden tracks and race car sets are such a classic and so cool - it's awesome how timeless toys like these can become treasured favorites! Also, 'I Really Want the Cake' sounds adorable; the title alone is hilarious and I can see how it would appeal to kids with its humor and cute illustrations. It's great when books capture their imaginations like that!
My son adores his wooden race car set too and often creates lengthy tracks that crisscross through the living room. The title of that book, 'I Really Want the Cake,' is a feeling most children (and probably many adults too) can deeply relate to! It's a pleasure to find humor and adorable illustrations that capture different reader's attention spans so well.

• Haha
Reactions: koala and happyfeet
My son enjoys stories that are fun and fast-paced with lots of action, which is why he adores Mo Willems' work so much. He also likes stories about adventures and anything with dinosaurs too - roars and all! As for toys, he'll pick the cars and trucks over anything else most days. It's nice to see him enjoying these playful themes over and over again!
That's awesome! It's really lovely how kids enjoy the familiarity of their favorite themes and characters. Mo Willems has a talent for engaging young readers with his quirky and fun storylines. The demand for multiple reads is a testament to how much your son adores them!

Dinosaur stories with their raucous antics and roars are a lot of fun, and they seem to captivate the imagination too. Combining mystery, adventure, and dinosaurs is a sure way to keep the excitement going, keeping your son entertained and engaged.

And some themes never grow old; it's charming how toys and stories with cars and trucks are consistently enjoyed by each new generation!

My daughter is all about her plush toys, especially stuffed animals. She likes playing pretend with them and often talks to them as different characters. Books-wise, she loves the Magic Tree House series! The mix of history and adventure always keeps her entertained, and it's fun watching her dive into the imaginative worlds.

It's heartwarming to see how much they enjoy their favorites!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and lioness
My daughter is all about her plush toys, especially stuffed animals. She likes playing pretend with them and often talks to them as different characters. Books-wise, she loves the Magic Tree House series! The mix of history and adventure always keeps her entertained, and it's fun watching her dive into the imaginative worlds.

It's heartwarming to see how much they enjoy their favorites!
Plush toys are so cute and snuggly; it's no wonder your daughter adores them! The Magic Tree House series sounds like a delightful read with an exciting twist of history and fiction. It's awesome how books can transport kids to imaginary lands, igniting their creativity.

it's these little things that bring them so much joy! Hope you're having a great weekend too :)

Plush toys are so cute and snuggly; it's no wonder your daughter adores them! The Magic Tree House series sounds like a delightful read with an exciting twist of history and fiction. It's awesome how books can transport kids to imaginary lands, igniting their creativity.

it's these little things that bring them so much joy! Hope you're having a great weekend too :)
Yes, it's so nice when simple toys and stories provide loads of fun, especially adorable plush toys that become loyal companions and delightful books that ignite the imagination 😊 Have a good weekend ahead!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu