• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What fun extracurriculars do others recommend?

For me, joining the school band brought me joy! I played the drums and marched in parades - such a great experience because it combined my love for music and physical activity haha.

It's a nice break from the academic grind and a good way to make new friends too cos you all bonding over something enjoyable outside of academics. Plus plus cause you get to learn a new skill! I found that it also helped me with time management, having to balance rehearsals and practices with studies. Would recommend!

Ahh ya. Extra-currics are like the cherry on top of your high school sundae - sweet and necessary!

I think joining a debate club is awesome. It's one of those things that looks good on paper but is also super fun, especially if you're into engaging in lively discussions. I mean, it's not just about speaking; there's also the whole strategy aspect of formulating solid arguments and thinking on your feet.

If you enjoy being active, you should consider joining a school sports team! It's a great way to stay fit and bond with mates. Or how about something more chill, like joining the photography club? Learn the ins and outs of taking sick photos - composition, lighting, all that good stuff - and roam around campus trying to snap that perfect shot.

There are also lots of music-related ones you can join. If you play an instrument, see if your school has a band you can jam with. Or just join the choir; it's a great way to improve your vocal cords and have some fun.

All these activities will look good on that college application, too -- bonus! But ya, pursue something you genuinely enjoy, even if it seems niche. There's usually others who share your passion!

Reactions: mamamia
Yup, the school gardening club sounds like such a chill and laid-back environment. It's amazing how something so simple can be relaxing and rewarding at the same time! I feel like these days, we're all so caught up with technology that taking a step back and appreciating nature is quite a refreshing change. Plus, it gives a nice break from the academic routine and adds a unique twist to your profile!

School bands and sports teams are awesome. I played soccer in high school which was super enjoyable and also kept me active. It's a great plus that these kinds of extracurriculars show some commitment and passion beyond academics, which looks good when applying for further studies. And it's a nice break from books and notes and screens - running around with friends is a cool way to relax!

School bands and sports teams are awesome. I played soccer in high school which was super enjoyable and also kept me active. It's a great plus that these kinds of extracurriculars show some commitment and passion beyond academics, which looks good when applying for further studies. And it's a nice break from books and notes and screens - running around with friends is a cool way to relax!
Ya, sounds like a band Geek here! Haha but true la, learning an instrument is super fun and cool. Art Club also very chill and relaxing one. Can explore all the different mediums - painting, drawing, sculpting -- very creative hor. I feel it's quite an opportunity to really immerse yourself in something unique and different from the academic grind. You'll be surprised at how relaxing and enjoyable it is! Definitely a great break from studying and bookwork.

MUN conferences are a great shout - they're fun and help improve research and negotiation skills too. Art and performing arts definitely sound like a good break from the usual academic grind and a way to explore your creative side. Plus, it's always nice to find new interests and make friends along the way!

Reactions: chickadee
MUN conferences are a great shout - they're fun and help improve research and negotiation skills too. Art and performing arts definitely sound like a good break from the usual academic grind and a way to explore your creative side. Plus, it's always nice to find new interests and make friends along the way!
Mun looks like an awesome chance to work on your speaking and negotiation skills. You get all these benefits while also having fun! Also seems like a great way to make new friends too, cause you're all working towards the same goal.

Any other unique CCAs that y'all found interesting? Share share!

Reactions: happyfeet

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu