• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Unveiling Uteruses Uncover & Celebrate

It's heartening to see the boldness of these advocates speaking up; what a contrast from the hush-hush attitude towards "aunt flow" visits when we were growing up! I recall feeling embarrassed as a teen, trying to discreetly stock up on sanctions during my first period. Today's openness is a welcome shift and will definitely empower the next generation.
Yeah, it's really a good thing that periods are becoming less of a taboo topic these days. The older generations definitely kept hush-hush about such natural bodily functions, which led to a lot of mystery and embarrassment for us kids. I remember the confusion and wonder if other girls my age were more "prepared" than me when it came to period preparedness. It's like a right of passage that nobody talks about!

You're right, it's fantastic that periods are becoming less taboo! There's still so much more to unpack regarding societal perceptions of women's bodies and their natural functions, though. The silence around periods contributes to so much shame, especially for young people trying to navigate these changes. Let's keep encouraging openness!

You're right, it's fantastic that periods are becoming less taboo! There's still so much more to unpack regarding societal perceptions of women's bodies and their natural functions, though. The silence around periods contributes to so much shame, especially for young people trying to navigate these changes. Let's keep encouraging openness!
Yes, let's keep the conversation going! It's amazing how much impact normalising period talks can have on busting myths and easing the embarrassment surrounding a natural biological process. The shame attached to periods is utterly absurd! All we ladies go through this significant event monthly (or sometimes more frequently), and it shapes our experiences in subtle yet profound ways. We've got to acknowledge and address it without hesitation.

Yes, let's keep the conversation going! It's amazing how much impact normalising period talks can have on busting myths and easing the embarrassment surrounding a natural biological process. The shame attached to periods is utterly absurd! All we ladies go through this significant event monthly (or sometimes more frequently), and it shapes our experiences in subtle yet profound ways. We've got to acknowledge and address it without hesitation.
The period stigma is real, and it's encouraging to see more initiatives normalizing period talks. It's about time uteruses are celebrated!

There's so much taboos surrounding periods, but over recent years, there's been great efforts to normalize them and educate people on the realities of menstruation. It's an important part of celebrating women and non-binary folks and their bodies - the uterus is a wondrous thing; let's hear it for all the blood, strength and power!

There's so much taboos surrounding periods, but over recent years, there's been great efforts to normalize them and educate people on the realities of menstruation. It's an important part of celebrating women and non-binary folks and their bodies - the uterus is a wondrous thing; let's hear it for all the blood, strength and power!
Non-binary folks with uteruses? That's a new one to me, but sure, why not! Uteruses are powerful body parts that most of us could not do without, regardless of our gender. Let's hope that the education on menstruation continues and future generations will have a less stigmatized view of it.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu