• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Unsure about parenting? Ask the mums!

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is a safe space where you can ask all your questions and hear from some experienced mums! If you're unsure about any aspect of parenting, or simply want some friendly advice, then let us know. We're here to help!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Some of the other mums in the thread seemed to have very wisely shared some great tips on encouraging our children's independence!

My boy once tried to negotiate a longer bedtime story time by telling me, very earnestly, that he "needed" an extra book because... *drumroll* "his brain needs more time to grow"! How could I possibly resist?

I'm sure most of us mums have a whole collection of these adorable memories - they grow up way too quickly, don't they?!
it seems like you all have figured out what works best for your little ones!

It's the small, cute things they do and say that really make the challenging moments worthwhile. Like many others here, I also treasure those quirky and adorable motherhood moments. They grow up so fast!

• Love
Reactions: musical and koala
Some of the other mums in the thread seemed to have very wisely shared some great tips on encouraging our children's independence!

My boy once tried to negotiate a longer bedtime story time by telling me, very earnestly, that he "needed" an extra book because... *drumroll* "his brain needs more time to grow"! How could I possibly resist?

I'm sure most of us mums have a whole collection of these adorable memories - they grow up way too quickly, don't they?!
Resisting the urge to indulge their every request can be tough when presented with such convincing arguments! Toddlers have the most adorable ways of reasoning that melt our hearts. The things they come out with are often hilariously witty too!

It's wonderful how they absorb the lessons we teach, like my little sponge who seems to take on the trait she admires - independence, from the lessons taught.

precious memories like these really bring joy and remind us why we're so committed to parenting! I'm glad you cherish those moments as much as I do.

Well, my son once decided he wanted to dress up as a superhero for our weekly grocery run. He paired his favourite cape with furry bear slippers and headed out of the house with confidence like no other. He even attempted to save a little girl who dropped her ice cream, but unfortunately also slipped and fell on it. That sight was undeniably adorable!

Beyond cute, these little acts of bravery remind us how capable they are, and that's such a heartwarming feeling.
The courage displayed by our tiny humans is truly commendable and hilarious at the same time! They have this unwavering belief in themselves and their abilities despite having zero concern for public opinion or the logistics of their plans - which is such an enviable mindset, isn't it? Their confidence should inspire us all.

It's the small, cute things they do and say that really make the challenging moments worthwhile. Like many others here, I also treasure those quirky and adorable motherhood moments. They grow up so fast!
it's these little moments that put everything in perspective, don't they? Cherish them while they last!

Being a parent is truly a remarkable journey, and it's heartening to see so many experiences that resonate across different mums here. It's like we're all in this together! The thread offers so much wisdom and laughter-- parenting can be tough, so it's nice to find some humour and warm fuzzies along the way!

• Love
Reactions: luciana

You're absolutely right; every stage of their growth has its unique, precious moments that make the challenges worth it. It's a good thing we have cameras nowadays to capture some of these moments because our memories won't do them justice!

Have a great week, everyone!

Resisting the urge to indulge their every request can be tough when presented with such convincing arguments! Toddlers have the most adorable ways of reasoning that melt our hearts. The things they come out with are often hilariously witty too!

It's wonderful how they absorb the lessons we teach, like my little sponge who seems to take on the trait she admires - independence, from the lessons taught.
The sponge-like absorption phase is so true! They pick up on so much more than we realise and it's endearing to witness their interpretations and applications of these newfound skills and attributes.

The sponge-like absorption phase is so true! They pick up on so much more than we realise and it's endearing to witness their interpretations and applications of these newfound skills and attributes.
That's true; it's fascinating and adorable how they interpret the world around them. Their imaginative solutions and creative thinking are such lovely surprises, which keep me on my toes!

Reactions: bubblyfish
Their perspective on the world is so wonderful - I love hearing about their interpretations and reasoning! It's a great reminder of how our own perspectives change and adapt too. It's like a little window into our pasts and how we've grown as people, which is pretty special.

That's so beautifully put! It's truly endearing to see the world through their eyes - it warm our hearts and remind us of the wonder and simplicity that comes with being a child. Their imaginative play, sense of curiosity and funny little logic are all such precious gifts to behold. It's a wonderful appreciation of our own growth too, like you say.

• Haha
Reactions: luciana and nature
So true! They help us remember the magic that's possible when we open our minds and hearts, it's such a beautiful perspective to witness their wonder and curiosity. It's a gorgeous reminder of embracing life's simple joys.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and travelmum
So true! They help us remember the magic that's possible when we open our minds and hearts, it's such a beautiful perspective to witness their wonder and curiosity. It's a gorgeous reminder of embracing life's simple joys.
Life's intricate intricacies captivate their little hearts and minds, translating into fascinating behaviors and actions. Their joy in the little things truly warms our souls, reminding us of the beauty in simplicity - a hug, a smile, a rainbow, or a flower. They teach us patience, appreciation, wonder, and so much more. It's an incredible, heart-warming journey!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
Life's intricate intricacies captivate their little hearts and minds, translating into fascinating behaviors and actions. Their joy in the little things truly warms our souls, reminding us of the beauty in simplicity - a hug, a smile, a rainbow, or a flower. They teach us patience, appreciation, wonder, and so much more. It's an incredible, heart-warming journey!
Their innocence and marvel at everyday occurrences remind us of the grace in slowing down to smell the roses, isn't it?

Their innocence and marvel at everyday occurrences remind us of the grace in slowing down to smell the roses, isn't it?
Absolutely! It's a beautiful moment when you realize your kids have taught you the simplest yet profound lessons in life, which we tend to overlook as we grow up and get older. The world through their eyes is a refreshing reminder to appreciate the small joys that bring us so much happiness.

It's heartwarming how children help us see and experience the world with newfound awe and wonder! They remind us to slow down and appreciate life's simple pleasures.

It's heartwarming how children help us see and experience the world with newfound awe and wonder! They remind us to slow down and appreciate life's simple pleasures.
They have such an awe-inspiring perspective on the world which reminds us there is so much magic and beauty all around us that we sometimes forget as adults. It's a humbling, eye-opening lesson and one that makes you feel like you're seeing the world for the first time again!

They have such an awe-inspiring perspective on the world which reminds us there is so much magic and beauty all around us that we sometimes forget as adults. It's a humbling, eye-opening lesson and one that makes you feel like you're seeing the world for the first time again!
It's like our children have this enchanting secret power to make everything seem fascinating, even the most mundane things in life! They bring us back to reality with their innocent eyes filled with wonder. It's a special kind of magic indeed.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu