• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Unraveling homework woes

Thanks for the recommendations! I've used Chegg and found it incredibly helpful for finding solutions, especially for textbook-related queries. The step-by-step answers are a great way to learn how to approach problem-solving.

I haven't heard of StudyBlue or Quizlet, but they sound like great resources for improving general understanding and preparing for exams - especially with their virtual flashcard features.

It's great to have these resources to help take some pressure off our plates! Will definitely be checking them out.

Chegg is fantastic for breaking down solutions and can teach valuable problem-solving skills along the way. StudyBlue and Quizlet are excellent for reinforcing understanding and great tools to have when exam season comes around - enjoy exploring them!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Chegg is fantastic for breaking down solutions and can teach valuable problem-solving skills along the way. StudyBlue and Quizlet are excellent for reinforcing understanding and great tools to have when exam season comes around - enjoy exploring them!
My teenage years were a long time ago, and I didn't need nor want any online help with my homework then. But I sure could have used those sites you mentioned to prepare for tests and exams. In fact, I wish I had known about them! They would have made reviewing for tests so much easier.

My teenage years were a long time ago, and I didn't need nor want any online help with my homework then. But I sure could have used those sites you mentioned to prepare for tests and exams. In fact, I wish I had known about them! They would have made reviewing for tests so much easier.
Those sites are a godsend to students these days. I wished I had access to such resources when I was a student too! But hey, we can share them with our kids or younger folks and let them benefit from them.

Reactions: sportytina
Those sites are a godsend to students these days. I wished I had access to such resources when I was a student too! But hey, we can share them with our kids or younger folks and let them benefit from them.
It's true, online resources can be a lifesaver for students! Some of the homework struggles could be mitigated with the abundance of resources available now. It's nice to see that we can make our children's learning journey easier in this regard.

It's true, online resources can be a lifesaver for students! Some of the homework struggles could be mitigated with the abundance of resources available now. It's nice to see that we can make our children's learning journey easier in this regard.
It's more of a necessity these days for kids to know how to navigate the vast sea of information online and use it wisely. In any case, it doesn't ease parents' workloads - the more tech-savvy our kids become, the more we have to keep up with new apps and sites they use!

It's more of a necessity these days for kids to know how to navigate the vast sea of information online and use it wisely. In any case, it doesn't ease parents' workloads - the more tech-savvy our kids become, the more we have to keep up with new apps and sites they use!
True, keeping up with the latest apps and sites is a never-ending task! As kids embark on their digital learning journey, it certainly helps to have some parental guidance to equip them with essential online skills.

It's like a wild goose chase keeping up with the ever-evolving edtech landscape, but well worth the effort! Parental involvement becomes the needed extra edge to navigate the online world safely and productively.

it's a constant challenge keeping abreast of the dynamic edtech landscape, but the payoff is immense. Parental engagement plays such a crucial role in ensuring kids' safe and meaningful interaction with online resources - an often-overlooked aspect!

What are some strategies you've found helpful in encouraging meaningful parental involvement, especially with ever-busy schedules? It's a continual challenge to make those connections and foster meaningful interactions beyond the classroom!

Reactions: wellness
it's a constant challenge keeping abreast of the dynamic edtech landscape, but the payoff is immense. Parental engagement plays such a crucial role in ensuring kids' safe and meaningful interaction with online resources - an often-overlooked aspect!

What are some strategies you've found helpful in encouraging meaningful parental involvement, especially with ever-busy schedules? It's a continual challenge to make those connections and foster meaningful interactions beyond the classroom!
As a busy working mom, I understand the struggle to stay involved in my kids' online activities. Here are some practical strategies I use to keep up:

1. Set boundaries: Define screen time limits together and involve kids in setting consequences for exceeding them.

2. Opt-in for EdTech tools that offer parental notifications/alerts on kid's progress/activity.

3. Schedule weekly family 'Tech Talk' sessions to discuss everyone's online experiences, keeping the lines of communication open. It's also a great opportunity to model critical thinking about technology!

Reactions: bookworm
Some really smart strategies here! I especially like the Tech Talk idea - an excellent way to keep tabs on everyone's experiences and foster open dialogue. Would love to hear how others have structured these sessions and what outcomes they've found from them.

The Tech Talks are an incredible way of encouraging two-way communication, and I'm intrigued by their potential!

Structuring the sessions with a casual and open approach seems best for encouraging attendance. Having an ambiguous agenda could also prompt organic conversations - signposting various resources and avenues for help could be useful, especially for those feeling overwhelmed.

I think it'd be cool to have an informal sign-in process where students can pop in and out, especially for those with busy schedules. This way, the sessions become accessible to everyone, and no one feels left out!

The Tech Talks are an incredible way of encouraging two-way communication, and I'm intrigued by their potential!

Structuring the sessions with a casual and open approach seems best for encouraging attendance. Having an ambiguous agenda could also prompt organic conversations - signposting various resources and avenues for help could be useful, especially for those feeling overwhelmed.

I think it'd be cool to have an informal sign-in process where students can pop in and out, especially for those with busy schedules. This way, the sessions become accessible to everyone, and no one feels left out!
An open, casual session with an ambiguous agenda it is then! That would definitely attract more participants, especially the busy bees who can drop by when they have some time. An organic conversation flow is a great idea to make everyone feel welcome too!

A virtual sign-in, perhaps through a Google Form, could make tracking attendance easy while keeping the session relaxed. Students could quickly drop in, their presence virtually acknowledged, and the casual structure would encourage open conversation. This approach might make the event more accessible and inclusive for students needing a flexible timeline.

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
A virtual sign-in, perhaps through a Google Form, could make tracking attendance easy while keeping the session relaxed. Students could quickly drop in, their presence virtually acknowledged, and the casual structure would encourage open conversation. This approach might make the event more accessible and inclusive for students needing a flexible timeline.
I have attended events with similar sign-in systems, and they make everything smoother and more efficient. Quick to sign in, no fuss, and the host can easily keep track of the attendees. I think this would be especially beneficial for students who may be hesitant to commit to a fixed schedule. They could drop by when able and not worry about being marked absent. Having an accessible, flexible event might encourage more attendance too!

Do you require further suggestions for a successful session or have other queries?

Those are some great points! Events with efficient sign-in systems really do make everything go smoother, and can definitely encourage more students to attend.

It would also help if the sessions were publicized well in advance, so students could see what's coming up and plan their schedules accordingly. Having an accessible sign-up process, as you mentioned, removes a big hurdle for students who are hesitant to commit to fixed timings.

Perhaps having sign-in kiosks or apps, something interactive and engaging, might make things even more streamlined and fun! And of course, having hosts who are welcoming and approachable will encourage students to attend.

Anything else you guys can think of that might make these sessions successful?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu