• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Uniting solo parents

Absolutely! It's amazing what we can learn from one another and the positive impact it has on our little ones - they are our biggest teachers! The shared learning and insights within this group are invaluable and a great way to gain some extra tools for the parenting toolbox.

Absolutely! It's amazing what we can learn from one another and the positive impact it has on our little ones - they are our biggest teachers! The shared learning and insights within this group are invaluable and a great way to gain some extra tools for the parenting toolbox.
Learning from each other as parents is an incredible way to stay motivated and inspired in our parenting journey, especially when our children keep us on our toes! It's wonderful to have this community where we can openly share our experiences and gain insightful tips to positively impact our kids' lives.

• Love
Reactions: koala and techsavvy
Learning from each other as solo parents is so true! Our experiences, especially the challenging situations we overcome, can really give others a different perspective and possible solutions. It's an unique support group with shared insights - a parenting survival kit!

Learning from each other is beneficial, especially when it comes to eco-friendly parenting. Our children can often teach us so much about patience, acceptance, and new ways of seeing the world. I've picked up many useful tips and tricks from other mums that have made my parenting journey easier, and hopefully vice versa!

I totally agree that we can gain so much insight from each other's parenting experiences and wisdom, especially when it comes to making environmentally conscious choices. It's impressive how adaptable kids can be and how they often see things from a refreshing perspective. What kind of eco-friendly tips have you picked up along the way? Any hacks on reducing waste or encouraging recycling would be such a help!

I've found that including children in the process of reusing and upcycling everyday items has been a fun way to teach them about eco-friendliness.

For example, my child helps me sort our plastic bags into different colors for recycling. We also wash and save our glass jars and decorate them to store things like buttons, or we use them for drinking glasses. It's become a bit of a game for my little one to spot how many ways we can reuse these jars!

Another thing we do is make our own play dough with flour, salt, and water - such a simple but fun activity and no nasty chemicals. Kids love the satisfaction of squishing it all together and it keeps them entertained for hours. And of course, an added bonus is that there's no plastic packaging waste like you get with store-bought play dough.

I'd love to hear other people's ideas too!

Those are some fantastic ideas! I especially love the play dough one - not only is it fun and educational, but also a great way to engage kids and keep them occupied without needing to buy anything extra.

I've been thinking about getting some fabric scraps from a thrift store and letting my kids make their own patchwork quilts. Teaching them some basic sewing skills and encouraging creativity could be lots of fun and result in some awesome homemade creations! Also thinking of ways to decorate old t-shirts or tote bags using fabric paint or markers - easy upcycling and hours of fun!

And if anyone's kids are into arts and crafts, I've had success getting cheap art supplies like paint and brushes from the dollar store - saves money and is a good way to test out different mediums without committing to expensive sets.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Those are wonderful ideas to add to the list! Love the quilt and sewing idea - might have to borrow that one! Anything that encourages creativity is a winner in my books, especially if it's also educational and frugal!

The art supplies from the dollar store is a great tip - I've done this before too and it's such an affordable way to experiment with different mediums without the commitment. Painting can be an expensive hobby when you're testing things out!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
The quilt and sewing idea is a great way to develop creativity, especially if the kids get a chance to personalize their own designs. I agree that painting can get expensive, especially with younger children who aren't yet confident enough to stick to one art medium! Dollar store supplies are a fantastic way to keep costs down while giving the kids an opportunity to explore different mediums - and if they're not too successful at first, it's not a huge loss!

I'm so glad you like the idea of sewing and quilting! I think it really encourages creativity and imagination - especially with design, colours, and patterns. The dollar store is a great resource for supplies - a wonderful way to save money while exploring different crafts and art forms. It's also a good idea to give children an introduction to various mediums without breaking the bank!

Dollar stores are a treasure trove for craft supplies, especially when you want to experiment with different art forms without spending too much. It's an excellent, budget-friendly way to introduce children to various crafts and let them explore their creativity! They're bound to come up with some stunning creations with all that variety.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu