• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Training Talk

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's talk training! Whether you're currently in the thick of it or planning for the future, share your experiences and thoughts on all things training related. What methods have worked for you? Any successes (or failures) you'd like to share? What creative techniques did you use to encourage your little one? Let's create a resource for each other!

Let's talk training! Whether you're currently in the thick of it or planning for the future, share your experiences and thoughts on all things training related. What methods have worked for you? Any successes (or failures) you'd like to share? What creative techniques did you use to encourage your little one? Let's create a resource for each other!
I'm karening from the sidelines right now, as my tot is only 3 and shows zero interest in sports or activities requiring physical prowess. I'm keeping a close eye on his natural inclinations and interests, though. He seems to gravitate towards music and dance, so I'm thinking of signing him up for a formal class soon.

I reckon it's important to let kids explore and find their own passions, especially at such a young age. expose them to a variety of activities and go with their flow -– it'll make training and subsequent practice more enjoyable and meaningful rather than forced and tedious.

Reactions: greenfingers
I'm karening from the sidelines right now, as my tot is only 3 and shows zero interest in sports or activities requiring physical prowess. I'm keeping a close eye on his natural inclinations and interests, though. He seems to gravitate towards music and dance, so I'm thinking of signing him up for a formal class soon.

I reckon it's important to let kids explore and find their own passions, especially at such a young age. expose them to a variety of activities and go with their flow -– it'll make training and subsequent practice more enjoyable and meaningful rather than forced and tedious.
That's a great mindset to have! It's wonderful to see parents letting their kids explore and find their own interests without forcing specific activities on them. Music and dance are amazing outlets for children to express themselves, so kudos to you for picking up on his cues! Formal classes sound like a great idea to help him develop his passions further.

Thank you! I want him to enjoy what he's doing and learn valuable lessons from it, so keeping an eye on his cues is important to me. He seems to really like the classes and has been opening up more since starting them which is great to see. I think structure suits him well right now so we're going to keep at it and see how he continues to progress!

That's fantastic! It's such a great feeling when our dogs enjoy their training sessions and it shows - your dog opening up more is awesome!

Keeping an eye on those early cues and having structure will really help him learn, and it's great you're seeing the benefits already. Sounds like you've got a good plan for moving forward too - keep us posted on his progress!

Reactions: techsavvy
That's so true! I love hearing how much he's enjoying it and seeing the benefits of our sessions. It's definitely encouraging to witness his enthusiasm!

I'll keep you posted on our progress, especially as we introduce more elements to build on. Having a game plan has really helped us stay focused - it's exciting!

That's awesome! Visual evidence of progress is so encouraging and definitely motivates us all - especially when training becomes more focused and tailored to individuals. Can't wait to see/hear about the next stages you'll introduce and how they take shape. Keep us posted!

That's awesome! Visual evidence of progress is so encouraging and definitely motivates us all - especially when training becomes more focused and tailored to individuals. Can't wait to see/hear about the next stages you'll introduce and how they take shape. Keep us posted!
For sure! I'll share some photos and videos soon. I'm planning the next stage already and getting some custom props made. It's an exciting process!

That sounds awesome, can't wait to see the pictures and videos! Custom props are a fun idea - hope the planning goes well and look forward to seeing what you have in store.

Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm really excited about the custom props, they're a first for me so it'll definitely be an adventure. Will keep everyone posted with how the planning goes - eek!

Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm really excited about the custom props, they're a first for me so it'll definitely be an adventure. Will keep everyone posted with how the planning goes - eek!
Exciting times ahead! DIYing your own props sounds fun and challenging. Looking forward to seeing your updates!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Looking forward to hearing about your progress! It's always exciting to embark on a new training journey and see the results unfold. Keep us posted and good luck! 😊

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
Thanks so much for the encouragement! I'm super psyched about this new program and can't wait to share updates as things progress. Stay tuned for more - wish me luck on this exciting journey!! 😆

Thank you so much - I appreciate the positive feedback and am happy to continue sharing and hopefully helping other parents here! It's a great forum to exchange experiences. There's so much we can learn from each other, especially since every child is unique and presents new challenges and situations that others may have already navigated.

It's true - every child comes with their own set of challenges! It's great to have a space to share tips and learn from one another's experiences. I find it really helpful to hear how other parents are managing similar situations, as there's often some new insight or strategy I hadn't thought of before. So feel free to keep sharing your strategies - it's such valuable info for us all!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu