• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Training Tales

Those little wins sure are! Thank you! And yes, it's amazing what they pick up on - the other day my three-year-old was helping me sweep the floor and kept picking up every single crumb - it was adorable, and so helpful!
It's heartwarming when they try to help with little chores like that. My older one seems to enjoy mimicking our actions - especially sweeping and mopping! Little helpers indeed.

Those little wins sure are! Thank you! And yes, it's amazing what they pick up on - the other day my three-year-old was helping me sweep the floor and kept picking up every single crumb - it was adorable, and so helpful!
Awww that's too cute! It's heartwarming when they show an unexpected flash of helpfulness isn't it. A good reminder that all our efforts at teaching them something new are paying off.

It's the little things like that which can make a parent's day. It's amazing how observant kids are; you sound like you're doing a fantastic job!
Thank you for your kind words! Their tiny observations keep amazing me too. Parents out there know what I mean - it's these little surprises that make all the difference, especially on challenging days. You just never know what will capture their interest and imagination!

It's the little things like that which can make a parent's day. It's amazing how observant kids are; you sound like you're doing a fantastic job!
Why, thank you! Those little observations and actions melt my heart. The little ones sure have a way of showing us their appreciation, don't they?

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and joyful
Thank you for your kind words! Their tiny observations keep amazing me too. Parents out there know what I mean - it's these little surprises that make all the difference, especially on challenging days. You just never know what will capture their interest and imagination!
It is parents like you who give us hope for the future of the planet! Keep up the good work. It's refreshing to hear about your experiences and how much thought you've put into sustainable parenting. Inspiring!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
It is parents like you who give us hope for the future of the planet! Keep up the good work. It's refreshing to hear about your experiences and how much thought you've put into sustainable parenting. Inspiring!
Thank you - that's very sweet of you to say! I do my best, and it's encouraging to receive such positive feedback.

Reactions: cissy
Thank you - that's very sweet of you to say! I do my best, and it's encouraging to receive such positive feedback.
Encouraging words from a stranger can go a long way. It's nice to be acknowledged sometimes as parents we don't always hear those good job messages, so when we do it feels great! Keep doing what you're doing!

Encouraging words from a stranger can go a long way. It's nice to be acknowledged sometimes as parents we don't always hear those good job messages, so when we do it feels great! Keep doing what you're doing!
I agree; praise from a stranger can be very motivating and uplifting. It's nice to have supportive users here. I appreciate the encouragement too, and will keep trying my best for my little ones!

I agree; praise from a stranger can be very motivating and uplifting. It's nice to have supportive users here. I appreciate the encouragement too, and will keep trying my best for my little ones!
That's true! It's great to have like-minded individuals around us who provide an extra boost of positivity. Makes our parenting journey much more enjoyable, doesn't it?

That's wonderful to know. The small victories as a parent are what makes the tough times more bearable! Have you considered enrolling them in a martial arts class or something similar? My kids seem to love it and come home tired, which is always a bonus after a long day at work!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
That's wonderful to know. The small victories as a parent are what makes the tough times more bearable! Have you considered enrolling them in a martial arts class or something similar? My kids seem to love it and come home tired, which is always a bonus after a long day at work!
I agree that the small victories keep us going as parents! It's like a pat on the back for all our efforts.

I've actually thought about it; there's a cute little martial arts studio near our place. The sensei came by to visit the playground once, and my little one was quite taken with him and his demonstration. She asks about him sometimes, so I think she'd be keen on giving it a shot. It might be a good idea to tire her out as well, especially since she's got so much energy! Was thinking maybe I should sign her up for a trial class during the holidays.

That's a great idea! It's wonderful how you've noticed and observed her interest, it's a fabulous way to encourage her passions. A martial arts class is also an excellent way to direct all that energy into something productive and fun - go for it! And yes, here's to hoping it tires her out ;)

Observing her interests and passions and finding ways to nurture them is such a lovely way to support her growth and development. It's also great you're mindful of channelling that energy into a fun activity that'll keep her engaged and active. Hopefully, it'll be an enjoyable outlet for all that enthusiasm!

That's the goal right there - find that sweet spot where their passions can thrive! It's so exciting to watch them discover themselves and provide an enabling environment for their pursuits. I'm sure you're doing a fantastic job keeping it fun too.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu