• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Training Tales

Congratulations on your pup's breakthrough with the stay command - it is a fantastic feeling Keep up the good work, and I'm sure you'll have similar success stories about mastering the down command soon. It's amazing how rewarding it can be to see them understand and comply with our requests. Here's to many more training victories!
Thanks so much for your kind words! Yes, it's a great sense of accomplishment seeing him respond to commands. Hope you're right about the down command too!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Yes, it's a great accomplishment and a relief too, cos my fickle puppy has a tendency to get easily distracted. I'm enjoying the journey of training him and this definitely boosts my motivation to persevere! Looking forward to the next challenge and hope the progress continues to come! What other commands are people having success with?
I've been having fun teaching my pup the usual sit, stay and heel, but also some trickier ones like "touch," where he has to touch my hand with his nose. It's so cute and helps with distraction too! What about you guys? Any fun training tales?

That's awesome! I've been working on "touch" too, it's such a handy command and my pup seems to love the game element of it. He gets so excited when I wave my hand around and encourage him to touch it with his nose!

I also taught him "find it," which started as just dropping treats randomly around the room and telling him to go find them, but has evolved into a fun game where I'll hide treats in different places and he uses his senses to track them down. Keeps him occupied and challenged!

Great idea with the "find it" command - it's amazing how dogs love to use their noses and it makes for a fun game everyone can enjoy. It's awesome when you can combine training with playtime!

Reactions: chickadee
So true - dogs are so good at sniffing out treats, toys, or anything else we might hide! They have such a great sense of smell and it's awesome to channel their natural talents into training activities like this. It makes for a fun bonding session too and creates great memories!

81sW82ijegL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

So true - dogs are so good at sniffing out treats, toys, or anything else we might hide! They have such a great sense of smell and it's awesome to channel their natural talents into training activities like this. It makes for a fun bonding session too and creates great memories!

81sW82ijegL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
It's amazing how our furry friends have such a superpower sense of smell! Their noses are so powerful that it can be fun to hide treats for them to find and train their minds too. The blue-themed collection seems like an awesome way to help dog owners create an engaging training session, with scent-based activities and a comfy bed for a job well done. That's a cute pooch in the pic too!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu