• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

tracking milestones

Absolutely! I love the idea of them as 'time capsules', it's so true! Milestones can come and go in a blur, especially in those early days when everything is so new and sleep-deprived, haha! Capturing them really helps to appreciate each stage and not take any moment for granted.

Absolutely! I love the idea of them as 'time capsules', it's so true! Milestones can come and go in a blur, especially in those early days when everything is so new and sleep-deprived, haha! Capturing them really helps to appreciate each stage and not take any moment for granted.
It's the little things that make up those precious memories; otherwise, they might be forgotten over time! Parents may appreciate these "time capsules" even more when their kids constantly remind them how fast they grow and change.

Yup, time capsules they are! Especially for us parents who are often sleep-deprived, these milestones mean a lot more to us than baby's first steps or words, they're our firsts too! We didn't just give birth; those achievements were ours as well - our first time bonding with a tiny human, learning to survive on no sleep and mastering the art of feeding, diaper-changing, and soothing a crying baby. Capture every moment, for surely these experiences are worth cherishing and celebrating!

What unique ways do you guys have to mark these special occasions or milestones in your little one's life? I'd love to hear some fresh ideas!

Yup, time capsules they are! Especially for us parents who are often sleep-deprived, these milestones mean a lot more to us than baby's first steps or words, they're our firsts too! We didn't just give birth; those achievements were ours as well - our first time bonding with a tiny human, learning to survive on no sleep and mastering the art of feeding, diaper-changing, and soothing a crying baby. Capture every moment, for surely these experiences are worth cherishing and celebrating!

What unique ways do you guys have to mark these special occasions or milestones in your little one's life? I'd love to hear some fresh ideas!
I threw a party for my kid's first poop because it was so bad, that is definitely worth remembering and celebrating. Some parents might want to laminate the first poopy diaper and hang it above the mantel - that's a great idea too!

Haha what a great milestone! I love the idea of celebrating the little things, especially when they're over! My first thought was "eww" but also, go mom ! You survived something truly awful and memorable and now have a funny story! Congratulations on making it through with your senses of humour still intact. Here's to many more milestones - hopefully none as stinky - to come!

Haha what a great milestone! I love the idea of celebrating the little things, especially when they're over! My first thought was "eww" but also, go mom ! You survived something truly awful and memorable and now have a funny story! Congratulations on making it through with your senses of humour still intact. Here's to many more milestones - hopefully none as stinky - to come!
Haha, thanks! I must say, it was quite the experience and definitely one that I'll remember for years to come. Hopefully, there won't be any more milestone poo explosions, but if there are, I'm ready for them! Bring it on, I say! 😁

It's a unique and humorous milestone, something to chuckle about when remembering the ordeal. Milestones come in all shapes and sizes; the stinky ones definitely leave a lasting impression!

The first 'stinky' one probably takes the cake...and then some! I can smell a certain someone from here and it's not too pleasant but so memorable - the looks on everyone's faces in those first few weeks was Priceless!

0853d223-40ff-42f7-a7b4-79b2874818bc.__CR0,0,2500,1875_PT0_SX600_V1___.png

That's one heck of an interesting milestone to track - stinky baby! And the expression on people's faces sounds absolutely priceless!
Is there a first-time parent among us who hasn't stood stock still, holding our breath in shock and awe at some of the things our little bundles can produce?! We've certainly all been there!

Haha it's so true - the things we never considered before having kids are often the most amusing and shocking! I think everyone will have a good laugh at this - especially the experienced parents!

Haha it's so true - the things we never considered before having kids are often the most amusing and shocking! I think everyone will have a good laugh at this - especially the experienced parents!
So true, lah! The parenthood journey is filled with unexpected surprises each day - definitely a constant rollercoaster ride!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and joyful
Parenting is a rollercoaster ride with lots of ups and downs! Each stage has its own challenges and triumphs, which can be quite overwhelming sometimes. We're constantly reminded to cherish these moments because they won't last forever, especially when we see our little ones hitting milestones one after another. It's a reminder of their growth and development, but also a call for us to adapt and keep up!

So true! I feel like every time I turn around, there's a new skill or achievement unlocked! And it's definitely a mix of emotions - excitement, pride, and also a little sadness that my tiny baby is growing up so fast! But you're right; it can be overwhelming at times, this relentless pace of milestones. You want to celebrate each one as it comes, but there's always another just around the corner! It's a good thing they're all so adorable at every stage or it'd be hard to keep up! 😅

Parenting is a rollercoaster ride with lots of ups and downs! Each stage has its own challenges and triumphs, which can be quite overwhelming sometimes. We're constantly reminded to cherish these moments because they won't last forever, especially when we see our little ones hitting milestones one after another. It's a reminder of their growth and development, but also a call for us to adapt and keep up!
Yeah, it's like a never-ending journey with constant surprises and challenges, keeping us on our toes! We gotta hug and kiss them tight while preparing ourselves for the next adventure ahead. The milestones remind us of how fast they grow and change. It's an exciting process of discovering new things together!

So true! I feel like every time I turn around, there's a new skill or achievement unlocked! And it's definitely a mix of emotions - excitement, pride, and also a little sadness that my tiny baby is growing up so fast! But you're right; it can be overwhelming at times, this relentless pace of milestones. You want to celebrate each one as it comes, but there's always another just around the corner! It's a good thing they're all so adorable at every stage or it'd be hard to keep up! 😅
Yes! Milestones can be exciting and yet sentimental, all at once! Each stage has its unique challenges and triumphs; otherwise, we'd be overwhelmed by the sheer number of them!

They're bittersweet, for sure - a cause for celebration but also a reminder of how quickly time passes! Would love to hear about some of your most memorable milestones and how you commemorated them, if at all!

Milestones are special and I usually celebrate the big ones - 1st birthday, first steps, first day of school etc with a special outing and some sort of memento - like the traditional handprint/footprint keepsake for birthdays and a photo book for the other occasions.

I also have a memory box where I've been putting all the special mementos - hospital tags, first curl, first tooth etc... things that might seem insignificant but are lovely to look back on as they grow up. Not sure how my son will feel about it when he's older but I quite enjoy collecting and keeping them!

Milestones are special and I usually celebrate the big ones - 1st birthday, first steps, first day of school etc with a special outing and some sort of memento - like the traditional handprint/footprint keepsake for birthdays and a photo book for the other occasions.

I also have a memory box where I've been putting all the special mementos - hospital tags, first curl, first tooth etc... things that might seem insignificant but are lovely to look back on as they grow up. Not sure how my son will feel about it when he's older but I quite enjoy collecting and keeping them!
It's adorable you keep a memory box. The little keepsakes and mementos are precious and a wonderful way to nostalgia when your child grows up.

Did you also document his monthly milestones within the first year? Some parents go all out with creative photoshoots, which can be fun to look back on too!

It's adorable you keep a memory box. The little keepsakes and mementos are precious and a wonderful way to nostalgia when your child grows up.

Did you also document his monthly milestones within the first year? Some parents go all out with creative photoshoots, which can be fun to look back on too!
I didn't do anything elaborate like creative photo shoots, but I did manage to pen down some details and keep some memorabilia from each month. I had a simple checklist of milestones and would jot down notes about my child's progress, which included words or phrases he uttered that month, his reactions to new experiences, and any cute little habits he developed. It was fun looking back on these memories when he turned two, and it made him enjoy hearing about his funny baby antics!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu