• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

tracking milestones

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
racking milestones

Hi all, my little one just started walking this week and it got me thinking about all the different milestones and how we track them. Do you guys use any apps or tools to document/track your LO's progress? I've been writing stuff down in a notebook so far but feeling like it might be time to up my game! Interested to hear what other people do - and of course share cute stories of how your LOs are hitting (or maybe missing!) their milestones!

Reactions: joyful
racking milestones

Hi all, my little one just started walking this week and it got me thinking about all the different milestones and how we track them. Do you guys use any apps or tools to document/track your LO's progress? I've been writing stuff down in a notebook so far but feeling like it might be time to up my game! Interested to hear what other people do - and of course share cute stories of how your LOs are hitting (or maybe missing!) their milestones!
I have been using the BabyTracker app for almost four years now, and it has been a convenient way to document feed timings, nappy changes, milestones, and even track my period and ovulation prior to conception. It's pretty handy as it has reminded me of things to look out for at each stage and allowed me to share updates with my husband too. I also love looking back at the timeline to reminisce on baby's firsts!

That's awesome - it sounds like BabyTracker has been an all-around helpful app for you and your husband, providing reminders and updates throughout your journey. It must be rewarding to have a convenient way to look back on your little one's early milestones too!

I have been using the BabyTracker app for almost four years now, and it has been a convenient way to document feed timings, nappy changes, milestones, and even track my period and ovulation prior to conception. It's pretty handy as it has reminded me of things to look out for at each stage and allowed me to share updates with my husband too. I also love looking back at the timeline to reminisce on baby's firsts!
That's a really detailed app which caters to many needs, especially for forgetful parents. It's nice to have an easy way to retroactively look back on all those special moments! Does it also remind you of upcoming milestones, like when to expect crawling or first words? That'd be helpful for new mums who aren't sure what to look out for.

• Love
Reactions: joyful
That's a really detailed app which caters to many needs, especially for forgetful parents. It's nice to have an easy way to retroactively look back on all those special moments! Does it also remind you of upcoming milestones, like when to expect crawling or first words? That'd be helpful for new mums who aren't sure what to look out for.
Yeah, the app has reminders for anticipated milestones and even suggests activities to help stimulate development, which is super useful for clueless parents like me! It's nice to have some guidance and be able to proactively prepare for these big moments.

There's also a feature where you can peek into other kids' milestone achievements, which I find fascinating because every baby's development is so different! But I try not to get stuck comparing my kid's progress with others'.

Yes BabyTracker has been really thoughtful in including a feature that provides an estimate of when to expect the next milestone. This is tailored to each baby's current achievements and will send gentle reminders of possible milestones to look out for, which is really sweet. As every baby's development is unique, the app allows us mums to track against a personalized timeline!

Yup, there's a feature like that which sends reminders for anticipated milestones. You can also customize the reminders so you're alerted via notifications on your phone or however you fancy. It's really handy for first-time parents who aren't sure about the whole baby development timeline.

What other features would an app like this need to cater to parents out there? I'm sure many would love an all-in-one solution that helps them keep track of their little ones' progress!

Yeah, the app has reminders for anticipated milestones and even suggests activities to help stimulate development, which is super useful for clueless parents like me! It's nice to have some guidance and be able to proactively prepare for these big moments.

There's also a feature where you can peek into other kids' milestone achievements, which I find fascinating because every baby's development is so different! But I try not to get stuck comparing my kid's progress with others'.
That app sounds like a handy tool for keeping track of a child's development. It's beneficial to have a guide and be informed about the different stages of growth, but every child is unique, and milestones are not always a good indication of a child's overall development or intelligence.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: travelmum and koala
Yup, there's a feature like that which sends reminders for anticipated milestones. You can also customize the reminders so you're alerted via notifications on your phone or however you fancy. It's really handy for first-time parents who aren't sure about the whole baby development timeline.

What other features would an app like this need to cater to parents out there? I'm sure many would love an all-in-one solution that helps them keep track of their little ones' progress!
An useful feature could be having the ability to create digital scrapbooks or albums to record special moments and milestones. Photos, short videos, and comments can be aggregated timeline-style in one place. This way, parents can easily revisit and share their child's growth journey.

Perhaps also integrate a function that allows parents to note down cute little anecdotes, funny things their kids say or did, so as not to forget these precious moments!

That's a wonderful suggestion! A digital scrapbook with a timeline view would be an amazing way to capture and cherish those precious moments. Integrating a feature for jotting down fun anecdotes and having them alongside the photos and videos would make it a wonderful virtual memory book. It's exciting to think about!

That visual representation of their growth will be special, especially with your thoughtful idea to include anecdotes alongside the milestones. This digital scrapbook could become a precious keepsake for parents and a delightful way to revisit those fleeting moments! The creative possibilities are limitless!

That visual representation of their growth will be special, especially with your thoughtful idea to include anecdotes alongside the milestones. This digital scrapbook could become a precious keepsake for parents and a delightful way to revisit those fleeting moments! The creative possibilities are limitless!
Yes, I'm excited to see how this digital scrapbook turns out! It'll be a fun, modern way to document growth - a futuristic version of the traditional baby book. I'm keen to include interactive features like short videos or voice recordings too! It's amazing how innovative parents can get when inspired!

So true! There's so much creativity and innovation inspired by parenthood, it's awesome to see the unique ways we can document our little ones' milestones these days. The options are endless!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
So true! There's so much creativity and innovation inspired by parenthood, it's awesome to see the unique ways we can document our little ones' milestones these days. The options are endless!
Yes, parenting nowadays seems so much more fun with all the creative ways we can capture our kids' growth. Scrapbooks, digital blogs, polaroid walls... the list goes on! It's exciting to explore and customize these different ways to best reflect our little ones' personalities too.

There's a lot of thought and effort put into these new-age milestone recordings, which also makes it fun and meaningful for the entire family!

Yes, parenting nowadays seems so much more fun with all the creative ways we can capture our kids' growth. Scrapbooks, digital blogs, polaroid walls... the list goes on! It's exciting to explore and customize these different ways to best reflect our little ones' personalities too.

There's a lot of thought and effort put into these new-age milestone recordings, which also makes it fun and meaningful for the entire family!
I love the idea of having a digital blog as a creative way to track my child's growth and development! It's also an easy way to share updates with relatives and friends.

I love the idea of having a digital blog as a creative way to track my child's growth and development! It's also an easy way to share updates with relatives and friends.
It's a fun, lasting memory to look back on! Quick, convenient, and interactive too. I started one when my son was born, mainly for myself but also to share with close friends and family members who asked for updates frequently. It's an online scrapbook of memories! Milestones, first experiences, and adorable anecdotes can all be noted down, complete with pictures - a digital keepsake!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
It's a fun, lasting memory to look back on! Quick, convenient, and interactive too. I started one when my son was born, mainly for myself but also to share with close friends and family members who asked for updates frequently. It's an online scrapbook of memories! Milestones, first experiences, and adorable anecdotes can all be noted down, complete with pictures - a digital keepsake!
That's a lovely idea to document your son's growth! It's fun to look back on those memories and realize how quickly they grow up.

Documenting milestones is a wonderful way to appreciate the little moments. I've enjoyed watching my little one grow and reflect on his development! It's amazing to look back and relive those precious memories. Capturing these moments makes parenting so much more special.

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
Capturing the little milestones is a great idea! I've found myself frequently looking back at photos and videos to appreciate how far our little ones have come. It's amazing to see their personalities develop and flourish. That's the beauty of parenthood - every stage has its wonders!

Reactions: sunnybunny
I agree! It's wonderful to capture those milestones, especially because it can sometimes happen so fast that you might miss some changes if you don't actively reflect on them. Photos and videos are a great way to do that and it's so heartwarming to look back on them - they're like little time capsules that help appreciate the present even more!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu