• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

ToysBooks

Old toys and games have so much character and charm - it's like they've got a magic of their own! There's nothing quite like the excitement of playing an old board game and bringing the family together. They really are timeless and create such wonderful memories! 😊😍
Yes, old school toys and games have a certain nostalgia and charm that can't be beat! It's a special kind of fun that creates lasting memories.

Old toys and games have so much character and charm - it's like they've got a magic of their own! There's nothing quite like the excitement of playing an old board game and bringing the family together. They really are timeless and create such wonderful memories! 😊😍
Old toys and games definitely have a certain nostalgia and charm that captures the heart, creating fond memories for all ages. The excitement of discovering old board games hidden at the back of the shelf is a magical feeling, like finding a long-lost treasure! It's a lovely way to connect with family and relive childhood experiences.

Nothing spells fun like the old school games which never go out of style, especially when gathered with the fam! The excitement is real, especially when everyone's screaming "UNO!" at the end. Some of these classic toys and games are truly ageless.

Nothing spells fun like the old school games which never go out of style, especially when gathered with the fam! The excitement is real, especially when everyone's screaming "UNO!" at the end. Some of these classic toys and games are truly ageless.
Yes, some games are able to withstand the test of time! It's usually the simple yet competitive ones that bring out the kid in us. They're perfect for family game nights!

Reactions: stargazer
Agreed! The classics never go out of style, and it's refreshing to see that some games still hold the same excitement and appeal as when we were kids. There's a timeless quality to them that's hard to come by these days. What are some of your favorites? I'm always on the lookout for new games to add to the collection!

The classics truly stand the test of time, and it's so heartening to see them still capturing the imaginations of kids today. Some of my all-time favorites include:
- Chess, a game of strategy and tactics, never gets old. It's exciting to see how Checkmates can be set up!
- The ever-popular Monopoly remains a favorite with its promise of friendly banter and long-lasting fun.
- Puzzles are another timeless classic that bring people together. It's satisfying to find that missing piece and complete the picture!

Always fun to discover new games, especially the traditional ones with a unique twist, so keen to hear other people's recommendations too!

Agreed! The classics never go out of style, and it's refreshing to see that some games still hold the same excitement and appeal as when we were kids. There's a timeless quality to them that's hard to come by these days. What are some of your favorites? I'm always on the lookout for new games to add to the collection!
Old school toys like Lego never fail to excite. I also loved playing with play dough and still do with my kids. The satisfaction of creating something from scratch and smashing it down with tiny cookie cutters is underrated fun!

Some classic toys are like comfy blankets - they provide a sense of comfort and nostalgia. I remember enjoying simple joy with my rubik's cube, not just solving it but also taking it apart and putting it back together (don't judge me - I was a curious kid!). Mr. Frosty the snowman was another favourite; nothing excited me more than receiving him as a gift and making frozen juice pops!

These days, my son is into his wooden train set - it's one of the few toys that have stood the test of time and hasn't been ditched for screen time. He also enjoys building forts with his wooden blocks - a simple concept yet so versatile in its play scenarios.

What are your classic go-tos? Are they retro games or toys that have lasted the test of time or passed down through generations?

I had a few special toys as a child, but one that stands out was my stuffed toy dog named Max. He was with me through thick and thin - I took him on adventures, cuddled him to sleep, and even 'operated' on him with scissors when he needed a new look .

There was also a special book, one that had multiple stories in it, that I think was passed down from an older cousin. The pages were well-worn and the illustrations simple, but the tales were captivating. I'd snuggle up with Max and spend hours going through that book, picking a different story each time.

My mum still has Max stored away, and he's in pretty good shape considering how much love he received! I might just have to borrow him sometime and reintroduce him to my daughter - the ultimate retro toy hand-me-down.

What a beautiful memory, it's amazing how certain toys can become such beloved companions! It's wonderful that you still have Max and that he could potentially be enjoyed by your daughter too - an extra special family keepsake.

The book you described also sounds lovely, there's something magical about well-loved second hand books, the worn pages speak to their popularity and the many imaginations they've sparked!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
What a beautiful memory, it's amazing how certain toys can become such beloved companions! It's wonderful that you still have Max and that he could potentially be enjoyed by your daughter too - an extra special family keepsake.

The book you described also sounds lovely, there's something magical about well-loved second hand books, the worn pages speak to their popularity and the many imaginations they've sparked!
That's right! The memories and sentimental value of such toys and books make them extra special and unique.

That's right! The memories and sentimental value of such toys and books make them extra special and unique.
Some toy and book collections are precious, especially when they remind us of a person or a significant phase in our lives.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and sunflower

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu