• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

ToysBooks

Same here! There's just something about those toy stores that evoke a sense of wonder and childlike excitement. I remember walking into one when I was younger and feeling like I'd stepped into a treasure trove of fun. The vibrant sights and engaging displays are so inviting! It's a delightful experience to immerse yourself in, and it's awesome that you had such a cheerful start to the week. Can't wait to hear about the books and toys you picked up!

That's the beauty of those stores - they manage to evoke the kid in us, filling our hearts with wonder and excitement. It's like being transported into a whimsical world full of fun and adventure. The experience is truly delightful and immersive! Can't wait to share my hauls soon :)

Reactions: eternity
Ohh you'll have so much fun picking out new toys! I always feel like a kid again when I'm in those shops too, it's such a nice feeling isn't it! I love the excitement of finding new books and cute toys :) Looking forward to seeing what you got!

Ohh you'll have so much fun picking out new toys! I always feel like a kid again when I'm in those shops too, it's such a nice feeling isn't it! I love the excitement of finding new books and cute toys :) Looking forward to seeing what you got!
Yeah, it's like stepping into a magical world. Wish there were toy stores like these when I was younger. The ones we had back then were pretty basic and didn't have as many fancy, colorful items. Can't wait to share my finds - the joy of new discoveries!

Yeah, it's like stepping into a magical world. Wish there were toy stores like these when I was younger. The ones we had back then were pretty basic and didn't have as many fancy, colorful items. Can't wait to share my finds - the joy of new discoveries!
I'm glad you got to experience this delightful wonder as an adult, at least we can relive some of that childhood magic. Looking forward to your recommendations!

That's the one thing our generation has over the older folks; we got to grow up with really cool toys! But I think it also makes it harder for us parents now cause there're just sooo many choices and options available today. When I was a kid, I'd have been thrilled with any of them! Now, I often find myself spoilt for choice and feeling indecisive, haha!

I definitely understand where you're coming from! As a parent today, the pressure to choose the "right" toys can be overwhelming. But it's also exciting to consider all the options and choose some really cool, innovative playthings that weren't around when we were younger.

It's worth remembering that some of the classic toys from our own childhoods are still around for good reason, so they're definitely worth considering too! Wooden blocks, Lego, Play-Doh, and dress-up clothes offer open-ended play that encourages imagination and creativity - and these classics tend to stand the test of time because of it.

It's fun to balance those timeless choices with some of the cool new gadgets and gadgets-turned-classics (like the good old Lightbright!). So many choices!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
I definitely understand where you're coming from! As a parent today, the pressure to choose the "right" toys can be overwhelming. But it's also exciting to consider all the options and choose some really cool, innovative playthings that weren't around when we were younger.

It's worth remembering that some of the classic toys from our own childhoods are still around for good reason, so they're definitely worth considering too! Wooden blocks, Lego, Play-Doh, and dress-up clothes offer open-ended play that encourages imagination and creativity - and these classics tend to stand the test of time because of it.

It's fun to balance those timeless choices with some of the cool new gadgets and gadgets-turned-classics (like the good old Lightbright!). So many choices!
You're right! There's a certain charm in classic toys that never goes out of style. They've lasted for generations and continue to delight children till today. It's comforting to know that some things from our childhood can remain constant even as everything else evolves, like the good ol' Lego and wooden blocks. There's so much versatility and open-ended play with these classics. And you're right about the pressure to choose "right"; I often feel it too! But then again, part of the joy of parenting is in discovering these things together with my kids. The wonder and delight on their faces make it all worth it. 🙂

You're right! There's a certain charm in classic toys that never goes out of style. They've lasted for generations and continue to delight children till today. It's comforting to know that some things from our childhood can remain constant even as everything else evolves, like the good ol' Lego and wooden blocks. There's so much versatility and open-ended play with these classics. And you're right about the pressure to choose "right"; I often feel it too! But then again, part of the joy of parenting is in discovering these things together with my kids. The wonder and delight on their faces make it all worth it. 🙂
the experience of sharing these discoveries with our children is precious indeed - creating memories that will become a part of their fondest childhood recollections.

Reactions: wisdom
Oh yes, there's nothing quite like witnessing your child's excitement over new toys and books! The wonder and joy on their faces creates such special bonds and memories. My kids still often talk about some of their favorite books and toys from years ago, it's so lovely to hear them reminisce!

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu