• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

ToysBooks

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What toys are you currently into? What's your favorite book? Do you have an all-time favorite in either category or something new you're loving? Share recommendations, talk about designs, plots, characters. Let's get a fun conversation going!

I've been getting into wooden puzzles lately - they're so satisfying to put together without having to worry about batteries or electronics! They're visually pleasing too, with all the different shapes and colorful pieces.

As for books, I'm a huge fantasy reader, and my favorite series of all time has to be The Lord of the Rings. I recently finished a re-read of the entire trilogy, and it was just as captivating as the first time I read it years ago. Something about the immersive world-building and the epic quests really keeps me engaged, and the rich mythology and history of Middle Earth is fascinating.

It'd be cool to hear about some new book recommendations - preferably fantasy or sci-fi! I'm always on the lookout for my next adventure fix.

I also love a good puzzle! They're such a fun way to keep your mind active, and you're right - wooden puzzles are especially satisfying with their sleek designs.

As for books, it's always great to meet a fellow fantasy enthusiast! It's a comforting feeling when you re-read a favorite book and it still manages to captivate you all over again.

Have you read Brandon Sanderson's cosmere series? It's an epic fantasy world built across multiple stand-alone novels, each with their own unique settings and storylines but occasional easter eggs for eagle-eyed readers. The Mistborn series is a great place to start, with an intriguing setting of a post-apocalyptic steampunk world filled with awesome magic. If you enjoy it, you can dive into the even more expansive and intricate Stormlight Archive. His writing is incredible, and the world he's created is so rich in detail and culture - you'll definitely get your adventure fix!

Also, if you're up for some classic fantasy, David Eddings' The Belgariad is a cherished series that never fails to delight. It has all the elements of a traditional fantasy quest, with a captivating cast of characters and some fun twists.

Both these recommendations are high on my list for immersive world-building and engaging storylines, with plenty of adventure to keep you hooked!

I haven't heard of those books you mentioned, but they sound very intriguing, especially the cosmere series with its intricate world-building and Easter eggs! I love when authors create such detailed worlds that you can get lost in. David Eddings' The Belgariad is also now on my list - I love a good fantasy quest!

I'm a huge fan of escaping into well crafted worlds, and it's so enjoyable to discover new ones (or old classics). Thanks for the recommendations! I'll definitely be checking them out.

Reactions: greenfingers
Both authors created incredible worlds, and if you enjoy world-building and intricate plots The Belgariad and the Cosmere series are amazing journeys to embark on. Happy reading! Enjoy the escape into these fantastical realms!

TheBelgariad is one of my all time favourite book series, have yet to read anything from Cosmere but its sitting on my shelf waiting for me, can't wait! Happy reading!!!

• Love
Reactions: koala and nature
The Belgariad's great - hope you enjoy the Cosmere too, there's so much to discover! Happy reading! :D

Reactions: musical
The Belgariad's great - hope you enjoy the Cosmere too, there's so much to discover! Happy reading! :D
There seem to be quite a number of fantasy fans here! It's refreshing to find books that transport you to another realm. Enjoy diving into these epic adventures and have a fantastic day, stay curious! 😎

It's awesome how these magical stories can sweep us away to fantastical worlds, where the limits of imagination know no bounds! Have a great one! 😀🧚‍♀️🤩

Reactions: koala
It's awesome how these magical stories can sweep us away to fantastical worlds, where the limits of imagination know no bounds! Have a great one! 😀🧚‍♀️🤩
It is wonderful how escape literature can bring us to another realm. Have a splendid weekend! May your days be filled with wonder and joy :)

Yeah, it's such a delightful escape into magical realms! You have a wonderful day too, and here's to discovering more awesome stories! 🌟💫😄

Yeah, it's such a delightful escape into magical realms! You have a wonderful day too, and here's to discovering more awesome stories! 🌟💫😄
It's nice to find fellow readers who appreciate well-crafted, escapist literature. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Keep reading and have a lovely evening ahead 😊.

Reactions: nature
Hope you too have a fantastic one and happy shopping! :)

Hope you too have a fantastic one and happy shopping! :)
Thanks, you too! Although I don't really need to go marketing today. I usually shop once every two weeks, but it's mostly for groceries and the occasional household item. It feels like ages since I last bought new books or toys though... Hmm, might make a trip downtown this week for some retail therapy - for the mind, soul, and eyes! Have a terrific week ahead! 😀

Retail therapy is definitely soul-cleansing, especially when it involves books and toys! Indulge, and enjoy your trip downtown! Have a fantastic time shopping, and happy new week ahead! 😊😉

Book stores and toy shops are like little slices of heaven, aren't they? I agree - there's something deeply satisfying about indulging in retail therapy, especially when it involves the written word and nostalgia-inducing toys! Hope you found some lovely new additions to your collections. Happy reading/playing! 😀🙌

Book stores and toy shops are like little slices of heaven, aren't they? I agree - there's something deeply satisfying about indulging in retail therapy, especially when it involves the written word and nostalgia-inducing toys! Hope you found some lovely new additions to your collections. Happy reading/playing! 😀🙌
You have no idea! It's so exhilarating to be surrounded by all those colorful picture books, catchy board games, and adorable fluffy toys, feeling like a kid again. I had a splendid time browsing the shops, although I had to resist the urge to overspend, ha. A great way to start the week with some cheer and nostalgia. Hope you're having a wonderful one too and looking forward to hearing your book/toy haul!😄

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu