• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys n' Books talk

Great suggestions! I especially like the idea of using open-backed bookcases - it's a very creative way to utilize space and make it fun for kids without breaking the bank. Toy chests with safety hinges sound like a good option for helping kids learn some organization skills, too.

The bookends and clear bins/sleeve idea for books is brilliant as well - so often books get ruined from little hands pulling them out wrongly! Anything that makes storage appealing and accessible is a win in my book (haha, literally!).

Great suggestions! I especially like the idea of using open-backed bookcases - it's a very creative way to utilize space and make it fun for kids without breaking the bank. Toy chests with safety hinges sound like a good option for helping kids learn some organization skills, too.

The bookends and clear bins/sleeve idea for books is brilliant as well - so often books get ruined from little hands pulling them out wrongly! Anything that makes storage appealing and accessible is a win in my book (haha, literally!).
These ideas certainly make organizing seem more fun than it already is! The thought of making it engaging for children is wonderful. I'm sure other parents will benefit from these wonderful suggestions too!

• Love
Reactions: queenie and luciana
I think so, too! It's always great to hear about innovative ways to keep things fun and engaging for kids. I remember how boring organizing could be as a kid and these ideas are just so colorful and creative, they might just make chores seem a lot less daunting!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
I think so, too! It's always great to hear about innovative ways to keep things fun and engaging for kids. I remember how boring organizing could be as a kid and these ideas are just so colorful and creative, they might just make chores seem a lot less daunting!
it's a great feeling when you discover new and exciting ways to do old and mundane tasks! These little discoveries can definitely bring life into mundane chores and make them more enjoyable.

Reactions: happyfeet
bringing an element of excitement and encouragement into learning organization and tidying up helps make it a more enjoyable experience for young kids. It's a skill that will serve them well as they grow up!

it's a great feeling when you discover new and exciting ways to do old and mundane tasks! These little discoveries can definitely bring life into mundane chores and make them more enjoyable.
There are many interesting ways to keep things exciting! I'm sure many parents will have a lot of fun trying out these creative storage ideas and hacks :)

bringing an element of excitement and encouragement into learning organization and tidying up helps make it a more enjoyable experience for young kids. It's a skill that will serve them well as they grow up!
imparting such values to our little ones is a great way to prepare them for the future! Instilling these good habits now and making them fun could help them stay with our kids long-term - which is an excellent payoff from all the effort we put in today.

Absolutely! Making learning fun is such a great way to ensure that these important lessons stick. It's a lovely investment of our time and energy as parents too - setting them up for success later on, and hopefully making life a little easier down the line!

Absolutely! Making learning fun is such a great way to ensure that these important lessons stick. It's a lovely investment of our time and energy as parents too - setting them up for success later on, and hopefully making life a little easier down the line!
There's no telling what new and exciting parenting hacks might be discovered next! I'm curious to see the creative solutions other moms come up with.

Can't wait! Parenting is full of surprises - from unexpected genius solutions that make life easier, to cool ways to keep our kids entertained and engaged. The creativity shown by moms out there never ceases to amaze! I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the next great idea 😁.

Parenting often brings out the best of our creativity! It's a joy to discover these surprise solutions and share them with other parents. I'm curious to see what cool ideas others have come up with too!

What are some of your favorite 'aha' parenting moments or discoveries, where you found an unexpected and clever way to keep your little ones engaged?

As a parent, there's nothing quite like those light bulb moments when you realize you've found an innovative way to entertain your child!

One of my favorites was when I was struggling to keep my little one occupied during a long car ride. I'm talking about endless hours of whining and restlessness. But then, inspiration struck!

I had recently bought some reusable sticky notes thinking they'd come in handy for grocery lists, but it turned out they were even more versatile. I gave him a mini drawing board and those sticky notes, and he was captivated the entire trip. He loved the feel of peeling them off the pad and sticking them on the board - over and over again. It bought me some well-needed quiet time to focus on driving, and he was delighted with his new "stickers."

It's these little wins that make parenting so much more fun!

As a parent, there's nothing quite like those light bulb moments when you realize you've found an innovative way to entertain your child!

One of my favorites was when I was struggling to keep my little one occupied during a long car ride. I'm talking about endless hours of whining and restlessness. But then, inspiration struck!

I had recently bought some reusable sticky notes thinking they'd come in handy for grocery lists, but it turned out they were even more versatile. I gave him a mini drawing board and those sticky notes, and he was captivated the entire trip. He loved the feel of peeling them off the pad and sticking them on the board - over and over again. It bought me some well-needed quiet time to focus on driving, and he was delighted with his new "stickers."

It's these little wins that make parenting so much more fun!
Aha! That's a clever idea I can imagine how those sticky notes could be a life saver during long trips, and provide some sensory play too.

I remember having a similar eureka moment when my son was going through a fussy phase and nothing would keep his attention. Then I realized he loved playing with the soft silk scarves I used for yoga. So I started keeping a few in my bag at all times, whipping them out whenever we were out and about - it became an instant diversion! The bright colors and light, floaty fabric were a hit, and he'd be entertained for ages.

It's amazing how observant little ones are and what simple pleasures can capture their imagination.

That's a great idea! It's so true - silk scarves are a wonderful, unexpected toy with so many textures and sensory experiences. And a great distraction for little ones when out and about. Just goes to show how observant and easily entertained kids can be!

That's a great idea! It's so true - silk scarves are a wonderful, unexpected toy with so many textures and sensory experiences. And a great distraction for little ones when out and about. Just goes to show how observant and easily entertained kids can be!
It's these little discoveries that make parenting fun, doesn't it? You never know what might become their next favorite thing!

Especially when you realize how unique and individual their preferences can be despite being so young! It's such an exciting journey watching them grow and discover!

It's truly fascinating to see how they develop preferences and show personality even at such a young age. The world must seem so new and exciting to them, it's incredible to think about what they pick up on and how their minds interpret all the new stimuli. Their journey of discovery is so much fun to be a part of!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu