• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books

There's no doubt a plethora of options to choose from, which is wonderful! It's great to have such an extensive list of recommendations.
The number of replies in this thread confirms how thoughtful and innovative moms can be. I'm glad this topic sparked so much interest!

The number of replies in this thread confirms how thoughtful and innovative moms can be. I'm glad this topic sparked so much interest!
The amount of responses is indeed encouraging!

The amount of responses is indeed encouraging!
Absolutely! It's heartening to see such wonderful suggestions being shared. Makes me feel like there's always something new and exciting we could try with the little ones!

Absolutely! It's heartening to see such wonderful suggestions being shared. Makes me feel like there's always something new and exciting we could try with the little ones!
Mhm, lots of toy and book ideas for the kids!

Yes mums know best! The kids will surely love and appreciate all these wonderful suggestions!
Yes the shared recommendations are bound to make kids happy. You ladies rock! Any favourite go-to stores for these items, or do you mostly shop online?

Yes the shared recommendations are bound to make kids happy. You ladies rock! Any favourite go-to stores for these items, or do you mostly shop online?
I don't usually have a fixed go-to store unless it's an emergency and I need the toys or books immediately. I frequent popular bookstores like Page One and Kinokuniya, and also visit some toy shops in the malls. Otherwise, I find that shopping online is generally cheaper, especially during sales. You know, those crazy 11.11 or Black Friday sales? It's easy to get carried away during those times haha.

I don't usually have a fixed go-to store unless it's an emergency and I need the toys or books immediately. I frequent popular bookstores like Page One and Kinokuniya, and also visit some toy shops in the malls. Otherwise, I find that shopping online is generally cheaper, especially during sales. You know, those crazy 11.11 or Black Friday sales? It's easy to get carried away during those times haha.
Online shopping can indeed get addictive, especially with all the crazy sales! I usually set a budget for myself during these big sale events because it's so easy to overspend when there are so many tempting deals!

Online shopping can indeed get addictive, especially with all the crazy sales! I usually set a budget for myself during these big sale events because it's so easy to overspend when there are so many tempting deals!
I know right! A girl could get lost in all the choices available online. Having a budget is a good reminder to stay focused, though the deals will be tantalizing.

I know right! A girl could get lost in all the choices available online. Having a budget is a good reminder to stay focused, though the deals will be tantalizing.
Yup, online shopping can really suck you in. The endless scroll and endless choices can be overwhelming! I find myself visiting these sites more often than I'd like to admit haha.

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
Yup, online shopping can really suck you in. The endless scroll and endless choices can be overwhelming! I find myself visiting these sites more often than I'd like to admit haha.
The convenience of online shopping is indeed alluring, especially with a laptop or phone in hand and kids running about. I suppose it helps us mums to stay focused and know roughly what we're looking for beforehand, so we don't get sucked into unnecessary impulse buying!

Reactions: doctormama
The convenience of online shopping is indeed alluring, especially with a laptop or phone in hand and kids running about. I suppose it helps us mums to stay focused and know roughly what we're looking for beforehand, so we don't get sucked into unnecessary impulse buying!
You're right! Having some idea of what you want helps to avoid unnecessary purchases, which is hard with the endless stream of new and appealing items online. It's easy to get distracted and attracted by all the colorful and fancy stuff out there.

You're right! Having some idea of what you want helps to avoid unnecessary purchases, which is hard with the endless stream of new and appealing items online. It's easy to get distracted and attracted by all the colorful and fancy stuff out there.
It pays to be a discerning customer, especially when shopping online as the kids' toys and books choices are vast!

It pays to be a discerning customer, especially when shopping online as the kids' toys and books choices are vast!
It can be overwhelming for sure! Having some prior knowledge or an idea of what you want really helps to quickly zero in on your search. It also ensures you don't miss out on the good finds as you scroll through endless pages.

Do any of you have a criteria when it comes to educational toys and books? Besides ensuring they're age-appropriate, I try to go for open-ended and neutral-themed items that can grow with my tot's interests. I find such toys are more durable in the long run compared to very niche options.

It can be overwhelming for sure! Having some prior knowledge or an idea of what you want really helps to quickly zero in on your search. It also ensures you don't miss out on the good finds as you scroll through endless pages.

Do any of you have a criteria when it comes to educational toys and books? Besides ensuring they're age-appropriate, I try to go for open-ended and neutral-themed items that can grow with my tot's interests. I find such toys are more durable in the long run compared to very niche options.
I look for uniqueness and practicality in the items. Since kids tend to get bored easily, I find that having interactive and versatile toys that teach them something would be a great option to capture their attention and encourage learning at the same time! As for books, I go for those with interesting plots because it helps spark my kid's imagination and also teaches them about various life lessons.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu