• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books

Some retellings I've enjoyed include Alice's Adventures in Wonderland retold from the perspective of the Mad Hatter, which gives an intriguing twist to the classic story and offers a new depth to a much-loved character. Another take on a classic is The Scarlet Letter: The Modern Experience, which sets the original story amidst the gloss and glam of a contemporary New York City, giving it a fresh and enthralling edge.

I also love the idea of fairytale retellings, like "Ella Enchanted," which gives a unique spin on Cinderella with wit and charm. Or "The Princess Curse" which offers a darkly comic take on the prince and princess trope, subverting the 'happily ever after' with an amusing twist. These stories offer a fresh breath of creativity that does justice to the originals while offering something new and exciting!

There's definitely a lot of scope for creative retellings, and it's an endless source of fun and wonder!

Love the sound of the retellings you mentioned! I'm especially intrigued by the Mad Hatter's perspective in *Alice's Adventures in Wonderland* - what an imaginative twist!

You've also got me thinking about other fairytale retellings I've enjoyed. 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' offers a fun, quirky take on the classic Austen tale, with a healthy dose of horror thrown in. It's amazing how authors can take such familiar stories and give them a whole new life!

It's a brilliant way to attract readers who might not normally pick up those classics, too - a clever modern spin can make all the difference sometimes! And it's a great excuse to revisit old favourites with a fresh eye. So much fun!

Love the sound of the retellings you mentioned! I'm especially intrigued by the Mad Hatter's perspective in *Alice's Adventures in Wonderland* - what an imaginative twist!

You've also got me thinking about other fairytale retellings I've enjoyed. 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' offers a fun, quirky take on the classic Austen tale, with a healthy dose of horror thrown in. It's amazing how authors can take such familiar stories and give them a whole new life!

It's a brilliant way to attract readers who might not normally pick up those classics, too - a clever modern spin can make all the difference sometimes! And it's a great excuse to revisit old favourites with a fresh eye. So much fun!
Yes, it's amazing how some creative authors twist classics and give them an entirely new feel. It's a fun way to interpret old plots and breathe life into them. We often overlook old tales, so it's enjoyable to have them presented in an intriguing, imaginative way that makes us appreciate the story all over again.

Reactions: doctormama
Twisted classics can offer a wonderful surprise and a unique adventure. It's like discovering hidden gems within familiar stories - a refreshing take on the old! These imaginative retellings often offer an interesting perspective, making the story relevant and engaging for modern audiences. Authors who can accomplish this are so clever! It's an art form to reinvigorate an old plot and give it new life.

So true! These re-imagined tales allow readers to experience a whole new world with an old favourite. It's like getting to know an old friend all over again and discovering hidden depths you never knew existed. Some of these creative twists are absolutely brilliant and it's fascinating how they can give a classic work a whole new dimension.
It's a real skill to resurrect a well-loved story and give it a fresh, modern approach that captivates a new generation - or even the same audience who loves the original! These reimagined tales definitely offer a unique adventure and it's exciting to see the story through a new lens.

So true! These re-imagined tales allow readers to experience a whole new world with an old favourite. It's like getting to know an old friend all over again and discovering hidden depths you never knew existed. Some of these creative twists are absolutely brilliant and it's fascinating how they can give a classic work a whole new dimension.
It's a real skill to resurrect a well-loved story and give it a fresh, modern approach that captivates a new generation - or even the same audience who loves the original! These reimagined tales definitely offer a unique adventure and it's exciting to see the story through a new lens.
Agree! The magic in discovering the unfamiliar nuances in retellings of timeless tales is exhilarating. It's akin to exploring an old haunts with a new perspective, like seeing a familiar face in a crowd and imagining their untold stories. The creativity required to craft such works is awe-inspiring - it's a unique skill to revive a story while retaining its essence.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu