• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books

The Secret Seven series was such a thrill to read! The mystery and excitement kept me hooked as a child.

Lego is an incredible creator, there's no doubt about it - so versatile and a fantastic outlet for creativity. The concentration and calm that comes with building complex Lego sets is truly therapeutic and the result is so satisfying! Matchbox cars add a cute, nostalgic twist too; those little toys have such character.

Childhood memories are treasures and they bring a special kind of happiness - it's wonderful how certain toys and books leave such lasting imprints on us.

The Secret Seven series was such a thrill to read! The mystery and excitement kept me hooked as a child.

Lego is an incredible creator, there's no doubt about it - so versatile and a fantastic outlet for creativity. The concentration and calm that comes with building complex Lego sets is truly therapeutic and the result is so satisfying! Matchbox cars add a cute, nostalgic twist too; those little toys have such character.

Childhood memories are treasures and they bring a special kind of happiness - it's wonderful how certain toys and books leave such lasting imprints on us.
It's amazing how specific toys and books can ignite a child's imagination, leaving behind such cherished memories that bring a smile to our faces years later. It's like these special toys become part of our emotional nostalgia arsenal.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
I couldn't agree more! There are some toys that I adored as a child and still hold a special place in my heart. The simplicity of those toys, often sparking creativity and imagination, is something I believe we've lost touch with today.

There's a magical quality to the most memorable toys - they're not just objects, but gates to other worlds, identities, and adventures. They teach us, comfort us, and are our constant companions in make-believe journeys across time and space!

The same goes for books too; they're portals to different realms! They stimulate our minds in ways that screen time never could. As a kid, getting lost in the pages of an adventure story or being whisked away to fantastical lands was such a thrilling experience.

Some of my fondest memories are of sitting with my dad, poring over his old childhood books - the worn-out pages of illustrated fairy tales captured my imagination and sparked a love for reading that's lasted a lifetime. Those moments were so intimate and special, and I believe they've subconsciously influenced the person I am today.

The nostalgia you feel for these toys is testament to how special they were - you're right, the simplicity and creativity they offered is often lacking in modern equivalents.

Toys and books are magical; they offer so much more than meets the eye. The best toys and stories open doors to other worlds, where playtime is an adventure and learning is seamless.

It's wonderful that you have such fond memories of sharing your dad's old books too - seeing the wear on those pages must've made them feel even more special, like holding a piece of history. Intimate moments like that, shared between generations, are so valuable and it's lovely that you recognise their impact.

There's definitely a lot to be said for the power of these tangible, classic toys and stories. They're lasting, they're enchanting, and often they're what people remember most fondly from their childhoods.

• Haha
Reactions: koala
The sense of wonder and excitement that these old toys and books evoke is truly special - you've articulated it beautifully! They spark the imagination in a way that's so hard to replicate with technology. Holding onto those cherished memories while also creating new ones is what makes them timeless. They're a link to our past, and an enchanting gateway to a make-believe world, often passed down through generations for good reason!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
The sense of wonder and excitement that these old toys and books evoke is truly special - you've articulated it beautifully! They spark the imagination in a way that's so hard to replicate with technology. Holding onto those cherished memories while also creating new ones is what makes them timeless. They're a link to our past, and an enchanting gateway to a make-believe world, often passed down through generations for good reason!
There's no need for elaborate introductions or greetings in the middle of a conversation. Likewise, it feels natural to conclude that the shared nostalgia brings us closer together too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu