• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys Books Fun

I couldn't agree more! There's something so pure and sweet about children enjoying simple, imaginative playthings that spark their creativity.

My little ones recently discovered the joy of building forts using chairs and blankets - it keeps them entertained for hours, and their little minds are constantly at work coming up with new designs and themes. The best part is the quiet, focused joy they experience while engaged in this pretend world.

And you're spot on about arts and crafts! A blank sheet of paper and some colours never fail to captivate kids, and the sense of pride they feel creating something is so heartwarming.

It's almost like we don't need all the fancy gadgets and toys that bombard us these days - it's the classics that truly never grow old!

I couldn't agree more! There's something so pure and sweet about children enjoying simple, imaginative playthings that spark their creativity.

My little ones recently discovered the joy of building forts using chairs and blankets - it keeps them entertained for hours, and their little minds are constantly at work coming up with new designs and themes. The best part is the quiet, focused joy they experience while engaged in this pretend world.

And you're spot on about arts and crafts! A blank sheet of paper and some colours never fail to captivate kids, and the sense of pride they feel creating something is so heartwarming.

It's almost like we don't need all the fancy gadgets and toys that bombard us these days - it's the classics that truly never grow old!
The simpler the toy, the more room there is for the imagination to run wild. It's great that our kids are still able to enjoy the same timeless fun that we had, despite all the flashy distractions around them. That's a win in my books!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and nature
So very true! There's something special about the toys that spark our creativity and don't dictate how they should be enjoyed - leaves it up to the individual to decide their own fun :)
I'm glad we can still appreciate these timeless gems together!

There's a lot of merit and enjoyment in open-ended toys - they're timeless for a reason! It's heartwarming to see how each child can appreciate them in their own unique ways, and it's fascinating to observe how their creativity unfolds. We're lucky to appreciate them together :)

So true! Open-ended toys really tap into a child's imagination and creative problem solving skills. It's amazing to see the different ways kids can play with the same toy and come up with such diverse outcomes. We're so glad they appreciate the benefits these toys offer.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu