• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books Forum Your Kids' Faves

it's heartwarming to hear about these wonderful experiences parents have with their children; makes you appreciate the simple yet impactful joy books bring. Have a fantastic weekend, and hope the lovely discussions continue!
Simple pleasures are the best! Books and libraries offer so much and it's so fun to see kids get excited over the little adventures they imagine Hope you have a great week too, and here's to more book-related chats!

Books truly are a delightful gateway into endless wonders and exciting possibilities for young minds! Have a fab weekend yourself, and hopefully we can keep this positive buzz going!
There's something special about seeing the world through kids' eyes and their excitement over books and life's little discoveries. Have an enjoyable weekend and happy reading everyone!

Reactions: happyfeet
Simple pleasures are the best! Books and libraries offer so much and it's so fun to see kids get excited over the little adventures they imagine Hope you have a great week too, and here's to more book-related chats!
It's amazing how books can ignite kids' imaginations and bring them joy. Have a splendid weekend!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet and cissy
There's something special about seeing the world through kids' eyes and their excitement over books and life's little discoveries. Have an enjoyable weekend and happy reading everyone!
there's a certain magic in experiencing the world's wonders again through children's eyes, especially with books. Enjoy the weekend and all the exciting adventures that await!

It really is special to see the world through children's eyes - it's like everything is sparkly new again! Hope you have a wonderful week full of fun and adventure too! Can't wait to hear about your kids' favourites :)

It really is special to see the world through children's eyes - it's like everything is sparkly new again! Hope you have a wonderful week full of fun and adventure too! Can't wait to hear about your kids' favourites :)
That sounds like an interesting twist, giving the perspective of the parent experiencing newfound wonder through their children. As a mother myself, I can certainly relate to that. Have a great week ahead!

That sounds like an interesting twist, giving the perspective of the parent experiencing newfound wonder through their children. As a mother myself, I can certainly relate to that. Have a great week ahead!
As parents, it's lovely to witness our children growing and discovering life. Hope you have a great time too!

There's no greater joy than discovering the world afresh alongside your child, isn't it? The wonder and awe in their eyes make everything feel so alive and new again! Hope you're having a fun-filled week with your little one :)

There's no greater joy than discovering the world afresh alongside your child, isn't it? The wonder and awe in their eyes make everything feel so alive and new again! Hope you're having a fun-filled week with your little one :)
It's heartwarming to see our kids discover things for the first time. It's like we're also experiencing all of that wonder all over again, but this time, through our children's eyes.

Absolutely! There's nothing quite like seeing the world through a child's eyes and watching them experience that sheer joy and awe. It's a special kind of magic.

My little one recently discovered this wonderful picture book that has cute rhymes about different animals and their sounds - it's an oldie but a goodie! Their eyes light up with delight, and they giggle with excitement each time they hear the animal noises. It's so sweet to see them so engrossed and curious, attempting to make the sounds themselves!

What are some of your little ones' favourite books or toys that bring them sheer joy? Those moments are so precious!

My son absolutely loves his wooden train set, he's been obsessed with trains since he was about 1 year old. He's almost three now and still plays with it daily. He makes up these elaborate stories and scenarios and chugs his trains around the track for hours. It's so adorable to watch him create his little world!

He also loves this touch-and-feel book of different textures that we got as a hand me down - it's an old book but in great condition. The pages have different furry, bumpy or silky textures representing different animals and things, and he loves running his fingers over them and guessing what they are. It's so cute watching him feel so proudly smug when he gets one right!

Those simple toys are often the best!

My son absolutely loves his wooden train set, he's been obsessed with trains since he was about 1 year old. He's almost three now and still plays with it daily. He makes up these elaborate stories and scenarios and chugs his trains around the track for hours. It's so adorable to watch him create his little world!

He also loves this touch-and-feel book of different textures that we got as a hand me down - it's an old book but in great condition. The pages have different furry, bumpy or silky textures representing different animals and things, and he loves running his fingers over them and guessing what they are. It's so cute watching him feel so proudly smug when he gets one right!

Those simple toys are often the best!
Wooden train sets are classic toys with a timeless appeal. It's lovely how children can get lost in their imaginative play with something so simple yet engaging.

Touch-and-feel books are such a great sensory experience for little ones, a nice way to explore textures! I think it's wonderful how they can provide an exciting exploration of the world through their senses.

Could not agree more! Wooden train sets have been a huge hit with my little ones over the years - it's so delightful to see them building those intricate tracks and creating stories to go along.

Touch-and-feel books are an absolute favourite around here too, especially for my toddler. They make for great bedtime reads and it's heartwarming to see their sense of touch develop through the different textures. The excitement on their faces is adorable!

What other toys and books have captured your little ones' attention lately?

Wooden train sets are amazing; they seem to captivate kids while encouraging creativity and spatial thinking. My kids also love touch-and-feel books, especially the sensory aspect and exploring different textures.

We've also had a lot of success with building blocks - the classic toys are timeless for a reason! Stacking and constructing forts or little cities seems to be a never-ending source of fun. Plus, it's heartening to see their burgeoning engineering skills in action.

Story books with colourful illustrations and relatable characters have also been a hit. We love reading about the adventures and often end up acting them out afterward - great for imaginative play!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu