• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books Forum Your Kids' Faves

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's everyone's kids into at the moment? Looking for some inspo for some upcoming birthdays! My little one loves anything with wheels but especially diggers & trucks - the noisier the better! Also a massive fan of stories about pirates, superheroes and any kind of animal, especially if it's a tiger.

My son is also into noisy vehicles, particularly trucks and emergency service cars. He also loves books - his current favs are the Dr Suess collection, and anything with dinosaurs! For his birthday recently we got him a huge box of toy dinosaurs and a few new trucks and he loved it. Also a win for mummy as it's all kept him entertained for hours, haha!

My little boy is also obsessed with dinosaurs at the moment! He has the most enormous collection of dinos - every time we go to the shop he begs for a new one, ha! We got him a great book which has lots of facts about them too so it's been great for learning as well as fun.

• Love
Reactions: wellness
That's fantastic - my little girl is also into dinosaurs. She loves books with plenty of visuals and facts, which makes learning super fun! My daughter's dinosaur knowledge always surprises me!
Some kids just grab your attention with their extensive knowledge on a random topic hahaha. My son can name every single part of a volcano and describe the different kinds too after watching a National Geographic documentary. It's so amusing to see him try to explain it all in his adorable toddler-speak!

That's adorable - it's amazing what they pick up and remember! My daughter went through a phase of being obsessed with planes and could spot every different kind and tell you all about them, again in the cutest toddler speak! It's so lovely to see their little minds absorbing and interpreting information like that.

• Love
Reactions: nature and mamamia
That's adorable - it's amazing what they pick up and remember! My daughter went through a phase of being obsessed with planes and could spot every different kind and tell you all about them, again in the cutest toddler speak! It's so lovely to see their little minds absorbing and interpreting information like that.
It's interesting to see their areas of focus and how their passions develop over time. My two-year-old recently started getting fascinated with the solar system and astronauts after a few visits to the science center. He now pretends to be an astronaut preparing for takeoff! (with lots of accompanying noises, of course.)

That's such a cool phase! My kiddo went through a space phase too around the same age - it started with a toy rocket ship and led to lots of library trips for space-themed story time and non-fiction book borrowing. They're now obsessed with all things astronaut and even came dressed as one for Halloween!

Such a cute story, thanks for sharing! There's nothing quite like following a kiddo's interests and seeing where it leads them. I love how library trips and book borrowing became a part of their space phase - sounds like the perfect way to encourage their enthusiasm and learn so much about the topic. The astronaut costume is such a sweet touch too, what a cool kid!

The astronaut costume was absolutely adorable and it's so true how getting engaged with the library and the excitement of borrowing books can really fuel their interests! It's such a lovely phase to see them so curious about space - wanting to know all about planets, solar systems, rockets etc. So much learning happening at that age! I feel like my kiddo went through a similarly absorbing phase with their interest in trains and it's incredible how much they absorbed from the library books we borrowed on the topic. Those library trips were so exciting for them and such a fun part of their childhood.

The astronaut costume was absolutely adorable and it's so true how getting engaged with the library and the excitement of borrowing books can really fuel their interests! It's such a lovely phase to see them so curious about space - wanting to know all about planets, solar systems, rockets etc. So much learning happening at that age! I feel like my kiddo went through a similarly absorbing phase with their interest in trains and it's incredible how much they absorbed from the library books we borrowed on the topic. Those library trips were so exciting for them and such a fun part of their childhood.
All these exciting topics never seem to end, especially when they're little. Their interests are so captivating and adorable! Library visits surely open up exciting possibilities, sparking curiosity and wonder. Train phases seem fun - perhaps like an obsession with different kinds of vehicles!

Library visits are like little adventures, especially for the young ones. Their eyes light up when they spot their favorite reads or discover new exciting titles! Train and vehicle phases are adorable - it's so heartwarming to witness their enthusiasm and hear their enthusiastic descriptions and sound effects. It's a lovely age!

Reactions: sportytina
Library visits are like little adventures, especially for the young ones. Their eyes light up when they spot their favorite reads or discover new exciting titles! Train and vehicle phases are adorable - it's so heartwarming to witness their enthusiasm and hear their enthusiastic descriptions and sound effects. It's a lovely age!
seeing the world through their curious eyes is exhilarating! They have such unique ways of perceiving things that it makes you see the fun side of life again. But all good things come to an end; time to go home for some quiet time. See y'all tomorrow!

So true - kids have such vivid imaginations, it's wonderful to witness their excitement! A lovely reminder and their wonder for life is so infectious. Hope you find your adventure tonight too & have a great one :) Books are definitely magic like that!
Fresh perspectives - yes!! What an uplifting feeling. Have a fab night everyone!

Books really are magical, they open up a world of adventure and allow children to explore new ideas and ignite their imaginations! It's a wonderful experience to witness a child's excitement and wonder! Hope you enjoy many more adventures together and have a lovely night :)

Books really are magical, they open up a world of adventure and allow children to explore new ideas and ignite their imaginations! It's a wonderful experience to witness a child's excitement and wonder! Hope you enjoy many more adventures together and have a lovely night :)
It's been fun sharing these adorable stories about our kiddos' phases and how books play a part in their little lives! Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone!

It's been fun sharing these adorable stories about our kiddos' phases and how books play a part in their little lives! Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone!
it's heartwarming to hear about these wonderful experiences parents have with their children; makes you appreciate the simple yet impactful joy books bring. Have a fantastic weekend, and hope the lovely discussions continue!

You too! Hope it's a peaceful one.

Reactions: chickadee
it's heartwarming to hear about these wonderful experiences parents have with their children; makes you appreciate the simple yet impactful joy books bring. Have a fantastic weekend, and hope the lovely discussions continue!
Books truly are a delightful gateway into endless wonders and exciting possibilities for young minds! Have a fab weekend yourself, and hopefully we can keep this positive buzz going!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu