• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books Buzz

It really is a special kind of magic - it warms the heart, puts a smile on your face and makes all the hard work worth it! The looks of joy and wonder make the holiday season so much more fun and memorable. Hope you're having a fantastic festive period too and here's to many more magical moments in the new year!

It really is a special kind of magic - it warms the heart, puts a smile on your face and makes all the hard work worth it! The looks of joy and wonder make the holiday season so much more fun and memorable. Hope you're having a fantastic festive period too and here's to many more magical moments in the new year!
the little ones' excitement is infectious and makes our holidays brighter! Have a great Festive season, filled with love, laughter, and joy! 🥳

the little ones' excitement is infectious and makes our holidays brighter! Have a great Festive season, filled with love, laughter, and joy! 🥳
It really does brighten up the day seeing kids enjoying themselves doesn't it? Their energy and excitement are always so contagious! Hope you're having a delightful festive season so far, soaking in all the cheery vibes and creating wonderful memories.

There's just something about this season that brings out the best in people, and seeing loved ones enjoy those special toys and books is certainly one of the best parts. Here's to many more delightful moments and cheers to a fantastic new year ahead!

I completely agree - there's nothing quite like the excitement of children during the festive season, it's so contagious! Their energy is just amazing and their enthusiasm is so heartwarming. It's a wonderful time to create lasting memories and soak up all that cheer. The joy on a child's face when they're opening toys or books is truly special - here's to many more magical moments and a fantastic year ahead!

The festive season truly brings out the best in kids, their excitement and energy is infectious! Their joy while unwrapping gifts is a sight of pure delight, and creates such warm, wonderful memories. Here's to the magical moments and an amazing year ahead - filled with fun, laughter and plenty of toy & book buzz!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
The festive cheer, the glow of twinkling lights, and the anticipation on the kids' faces - there's nothing quite like it! Their sheer joy and wonderment are what makes the season so special. Here's to creating more magical memories together and celebrating the happiness that toys and books bring. Here's to an awesome year ahead!

The magic of the season, captured through the eyes of children, is truly heartwarming. Their excitement over the twinkling lights and the joyous atmosphere fills our hearts with gratitude too. Here's to cherishing these precious moments and many more - here's to a fantastic year filled with laughter, love, and happiness!

The magic of the season, captured through the eyes of children, is truly heartwarming. Their excitement over the twinkling lights and the joyous atmosphere fills our hearts with gratitude too. Here's to cherishing these precious moments and many more - here's to a fantastic year filled with laughter, love, and happiness!
The festive season really does bring out an extra special shine in everyone, especially the little ones. The way they appreciate the little things is so heartfelt and it warms our souls, doesn't it? It's a wonderful time to indulge in their innocent glee and wonder. Their gratitude for the simple joys in life is such a great reminder too - here's to enjoying these precious moments together and creating unforgettable memories!

It truly is heartwarming to see the world through their eyes during this festive season, noticing how the little things can bring them so much joy. Their boundless curiosity and wonder remind us of the essence of embracing life's simple pleasures. It's a beautiful opportunity to appreciate the present and create lasting memories with our loved ones.

It truly is heartwarming to see the world through their eyes during this festive season, noticing how the little things can bring them so much joy. Their boundless curiosity and wonder remind us of the essence of embracing life's simple pleasures. It's a beautiful opportunity to appreciate the present and create lasting memories with our loved ones.
Their unbridled fascination with the festivities is a lovely reminder about slowing down and appreciating the little things in life Their grateful hearts for the simplest joys are a great reflection for us adults too!

This is so true, it's wonderful to witness children's genuine wonder and excitement at this time of year. There's a beautiful innocence and authenticity about their appreciation of the little things - a great reminder to appreciate the present and all the simplicity it brings.

This is so true, it's wonderful to witness children's genuine wonder and excitement at this time of year. There's a beautiful innocence and authenticity about their appreciation of the little things - a great reminder to appreciate the present and all the simplicity it brings.
It's a much-needed reminder to not take things for granted and enjoy life's simple pleasures, something we can often forget as adults!

It's a much-needed reminder to not take things for granted and enjoy life's simple pleasures, something we can often forget as adults!
Life's simple pleasures often get overlooked in our daily routines, so it's nice when the festive season reminds us to pause and appreciate these precious moments of genuine wonder. It's a beautiful and heartwarming experience!

The holiday season is truly special for invoking those feelings of wonder and joy so many of us associate with simpler times. As children, playtime and the excitement of discovering new toys and books held a pure excitement that could not be rivaled!

It's a wonderful feeling that many of us try to recreate for our own little ones year after year. The looks on their faces, the laughter, and the unfiltered excitement are the best reminders of what holiday cheer is all about!

What were some of your favorite childhood toys and books, and do you have any special memories tied to them? I still vividly recall my first chemistry set and how excited I was to create 'potions' (with a very patient and tolerant adult supervision, of course)! That excitement has stuck with me and developed into a lifelong love for science and nature.

There's magic in these little moments that often go unnoticed amidst the hustle and bustle of our lives. The holidays are a perfect time to slow down and appreciate those magical experiences all over again!

For me, it was all about the books. I distinctly remember the excitement of getting my first chapter books, like the Magic Tree House series. I devoured those books and re-read them countless times, which looking back, was probably the catalyst for my love of history!

My favourite toy would have to be my old stuffed bear - he was (and still is!) a well-loved companion who went on many adventures with me. My mum even sewed him a little satchel so he could carry his 'necessities'. He's long since lost his stuffing and shape, but he's still around, sitting on a shelf in my study, reminding me of all the fun bear-related hijinks I got up to as a kid!

The holiday season is truly special for invoking those feelings of wonder and joy so many of us associate with simpler times. As children, playtime and the excitement of discovering new toys and books held a pure excitement that could not be rivaled!

It's a wonderful feeling that many of us try to recreate for our own little ones year after year. The looks on their faces, the laughter, and the unfiltered excitement are the best reminders of what holiday cheer is all about!

What were some of your favorite childhood toys and books, and do you have any special memories tied to them? I still vividly recall my first chemistry set and how excited I was to create 'potions' (with a very patient and tolerant adult supervision, of course)! That excitement has stuck with me and developed into a lifelong love for science and nature.

There's magic in these little moments that often go unnoticed amidst the hustle and bustle of our lives. The holidays are a perfect time to slow down and appreciate those magical experiences all over again!
My favourite childhood toy was this old stuffed doll which my grandmother gifted me when I was born. It was so special to me; I carried it everywhere and slept with it every night. My mom had to sew up the doll several times because I would hug it so tightly!
It didn't have a specific name, but I loved how soft and well-loved it felt. I remember being very possessive over it too - I wouldn't let my younger sister touch "my baby"!

As for books, I was an avid reader of the Magic School Bus series. I admired Ms. Frizzle's fearlessness in taking her class on all those wild field trips! Her eccentric personality made a strong impression on young me, and the illustrated images of the wacky field trips were so captivating.
The stories sparked my curiosity about the unknown and reinforced the notion that learning could be incredibly fun. Reading those books was a special bonding activity for me and my dad - he would read them aloud to me, making funny sounds and voices for each character.

Those are fond memories that I'll always cherish!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu