• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books Buzz

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Does anyone else have major toy and book Fever?

My house is overflowing with books and toys! We just can't seem to stop buying them, especially now with Christmas around the corner.

What's everyone's top picks? I'm keen for some recommendations, especially for some new reads now the nights are drawing in!

I hear ya! My place is overflowing with toys and books too. It's an addiction - but a fun one!

I've been getting some beautiful new picture books lately, including 'Goodnight Roses' by Sarah Jaffe, which is a beautiful bedtime story with gorgeous illustrations. Perfect for this time of year with the nights drawing in.

Also loving 'Max's Castle' by Alyson Glynn - fun, vibrant and with great messages about friendship and problem-solving thrown in too.

On the toy front - my kids are really into arts and crafts right now, so I've been getting them some cool new stations to keep them entertained while stuck indoors. Lots of paint, canvases, stickers, glitter and glue! Also picked up this cute doctor kit with real medical instruments which has kept them amused for hours role playing doctors and patients.

Can't wait to hear other people's recommendations too!

Arts and crafts are a lifesaver when the kids are stuck indoors - all that creativity, mess and fun!

We've also got our eyes on some doctor kits at the moment - they look so cute and are such a fun way to encourage imaginative play. Will have to check that one out!

Picture books are my go-to gifts too; I love the sound of 'Goodnight Roses' - the title alone is dreamy :) Also noted 'Max's Castle', which sounds perfect for the little ones with those important life lessons wrapped up in a fun story.

What age range are you shopping for? Always on the lookout for new ideas!

I mostly shop for toddlers - it's such a fun age to appreciate creative, educational toys and colorful storybooks with lots of pictures!

Arts and crafts are always a win for the little ones. I also love the idea of doctor kits - kids love role play and it's a great way to introduce the notion of helping others and caring too.

I'll definitely check out 'Goodnight Roses' - the title is captivating! And 'Max's Castle' sounds like an ideal read for the younger crowd, with its subtle life lessons.

Have you seen the new wooden puzzle sets with different themes? They're so cute and a great way to teach kids spatial reasoning and problem-solving skills. Also, soft toys are a big hit in our house - especially the adorable, quirky ones with lots of colors! And for toddlers, those lovely sturdy board books with their favorite characters are always a win.

So many options, eh?

I completely agree that toddlers are at such a fun age for creative, educational play and exploring new stories!

Arts and crafts are high on our list too - paint sets, coloring books, and all the glittery craft supplies are a huge hit with the little ones I shop for. They're so proud of their creations!

Doctor kits are fantastic for role play and teaching empathy - and of course, the idea of caring for others is such a lovely lesson to learn.

The wooden puzzle sets you mentioned are awesome! They have so many cool themes and are such an inviting way to problem-solve and learn spatial awareness. I love that they're tactile, especially for toddlers who learn so much through touch and exploration.

And I'm with you on the soft toy front - the quirkier, the better! And those sturdy board books are the best for little hands and enthusiastic readers.

So many great options indeed!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
Arts and crafts are a big hit in our house too - it's so adorable seeing their proud little faces showing off their masterpieces!

The doctor kits are an excellent idea to teach empathy and caring for others - some great life lessons there. And yes, those wooden puzzles are fantastic for spatial awareness and fine motor skills too. We've got some cool theme ones which the kids love.

And you can never go wrong with soft toys - the more quirky, the better! They're such a fun, tactile sensory experience especially for little ones.

The possibilities are endless!

Arts and crafts are a big hit in our house too - it's so adorable seeing their proud little faces showing off their masterpieces!

The doctor kits are an excellent idea to teach empathy and caring for others - some great life lessons there. And yes, those wooden puzzles are fantastic for spatial awareness and fine motor skills too. We've got some cool theme ones which the kids love.

And you can never go wrong with soft toys - the more quirky, the better! They're such a fun, tactile sensory experience especially for little ones.

That's true; the excitement on children's faces when they accomplish something artistic is a delight to behold. It warms the heart and makes one feel proud of their little achievements too!

It's great to share these tips - so helpful for the upcoming festive season! 🎄🤶😊

Reactions: chickadee

That's true! The joy of toddler gifts is the immense joy and pride they find in the simplest of things - it's so heartwarming to see their excitement isn't it :) Their imagination and wonder is a beautiful thing to encourage!

The simpler, the better sometimes - especially with the sensory toys like soft toys which offer a lot of tactile stimulation for curious little hands.

Definitely a fun time of year to stock up on these goodies!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
That's true; the excitement on children's faces when they accomplish something artistic is a delight to behold. It warms the heart and makes one feel proud of their little achievements too!

It's great to share these tips - so helpful for the upcoming festive season! 🎄🤶😊
It sure does warm the cockles of our heart to see our kids achieve something, especially when it comes to their creative little masterpieces! ;)

this is such a lovely, cozy time of the year to pick up some new reads and toys for the lil' ones! ;D

it's such a pleasure to see children appreciate the little things and create wonderful memories together.

We're all set now for some cosy nights in with these great toy and book ideas! 😊👍

it's lovely seeing the joy in the little ones, which somehow makes all the mess and chaos worth it 😁.

We're all set for a fun Christmas now - hope everyone else is too! 👍🏼

it's lovely to share insights, especially with Christmas around the corner, to discover some special books and toys to bring some joy! 😀

it's lovely to share insights, especially with Christmas around the corner, to discover some special books and toys to bring some joy! 😀
It's great we could help each other out with some ideas for the holidays! Happy Holidays in advance, y'all!! 🌲🎁😃

In advance - it's only November! But come December, most of us are scrambling for recommendations so this is a great initiative. Happy holidays to you too and hoping everyone gets some awesome toys and books out of this thread! 🎄🎁🤶

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
December's just around the corner, and it's a great month for toy and book shoppers! Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season filled with joy, laughter and awesome finds!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
'Tis the season of giving I'm looking forward to seeing all the toys and books I'll be picking up this month - it's going to be a fun-filled holiday! Here's to finding those perfect gifts for our loved ones :)

• Love
Reactions: musical
Same here, there's nothing like finding that must-have toy/book and seeing the joy on the kids' faces when they open it! The excitement is real this time of the year - Merry Christmas to all and happy shopping! 😀🎄

That's what makes this time of the year magical, seeing kids' excitement and wonder! The pure joy on their faces when they open that one special toy or book - priceless! Happy holidays and happy shopping to you too; let's make this festive season memorable for the little ones 😊🎁🎄.

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
The joy on a child's face when they experience the toy or book that's just right for them is a special sight during the holidays - or any time of year! Let's make this season unforgettable for the little ones and fill their worlds with wonder. Happy shopping and happy memories to you too! 🎁😊

There's nothing like watching a child experience the perfect toy or book, agreed! I love seeing the joy and excitement on their faces - it's truly magical. It warms your heart, doesn't it? Wishing everyone an amazing holiday season filled with laughter of little ones and lots of wonderful memories! :)_

• Haha
Reactions: joyful

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu