• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

ToyBook recommendations please!

Corduroy and Spot the Dog are wonderful choices and it's great to hear how much you enjoyed them too! I completely agree with you about Julia Donaldson's books - they're brilliant at keeping little ones engaged, and Room on the Broom is a fab choice for this time of year! It's great to see classic picture books still being enjoyed by young readers.

Donaldson really is fantastic isn't she?! Love that her books are so engaging and fun - perfect for this spooky season too!
Yes, Julia Donaldson surely has a talent for captivating children with her delightful stories and verse! Her books provide a wonderful imaginative experience, especially with the interactive elements in Room on the Broom which make them extra special. Spooky season or not, they're definitely excellent reads!

Reactions: joyful
Donaldson really is fantastic isn't she?! Love that her books are so engaging and fun - perfect for this spooky season too!
Her stories are enchanting, aren't they? Donaldson has a wonderful way with words, simple yet so captivating. Her tales often have such a great rhythm too, which makes them so much fun to read aloud. It's lovely when authors create such magic for the little ones!

I completely agree - she really is a wordsmith! Her stories are not only enchanting but also educational. They tackle various issues which makes them great tools to start conversations on tricky topics with little ones. They're written in such a subtle yet engaging manner!

They really are beautifully crafted. I find that the illustrations are so vivid, they make the stories come alive and it's easier to engage with the topics raised.

The illustrations are what makes these books so special - they really bring the stories to life. I love the detail in them too, you spot something new each time you look at them!
That's true; the illustrations add so much character and help immerse readers into the story. It's the little details that really make a difference!

The illustrations are what makes these books so special - they really bring the stories to life. I love the detail in them too, you spot something new each time you look at them!
Yes! It's the little details in the illustrations that make them so enjoyable and captivating for kids. The more you look, the more you discover, which is so wonderful for sparking curiosity and keeping their imaginations running wild. It's amazing how these illustrate artists can capture the story's essence in their drawings.

That's true; the illustrations add so much character and help immerse readers into the story. It's the little details that really make a difference!
Some of these illustrations are works of art and truly enhance the reading experience especially for younger audiences who are more visually oriented. It amazing how a picture can say a thousand words and spark the imagination.

Yes! It's the little details in the illustrations that make them so enjoyable and captivating for kids. The more you look, the more you discover, which is so wonderful for sparking curiosity and keeping their imaginations running wild. It's amazing how these illustrate artists can capture the story's essence in their drawings.
Absolutely! The illustrations really are works of art that deserve to be framed. They make the stories much more enjoyable and help spark our children's creativity and dreams.

The books sound amazing! I love the idea of the illustrations being frame-worthy, and the notion that they enhance the storytelling experience and encourage creativity is so heartwarming. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on them!

You're most welcome! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed reading about them. The illustrations really do add another layer to the storytelling and it's wonderful how they can enhance imagination too. It makes them extra special and unique.

The illustrations make a world of difference! They have this magical way of bringing stories to life and giving young readers a vivid, imaginative experience. It's wonderful how they enhance the storytelling and leave such a profound impact.

Illustrations are essential! They're the first thing to catch a child's eye and spark their imagination, especially if they're vibrant and unique. It's incredible how artists can bring stories to life with pictures - almost like an extra layer of storytelling!

Do you have any author recommendations with exceptional illustration work? I'm always on the lookout for new books with stunning artwork.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu