• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

ToyBook recommendations please!

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What sorts of ToyBooks are you after? Educational, activity based, storytelling, arts & crafts, wooden toys or traditional? Age range would help too!

I'm sure plenty of people will have some great recommendations, we love hearing about new ones!

We're after a mix, really - educational/activity-based, with an emphasis on storytelling would be brilliant. Age range probably 4-7 years old, so ideally something that's not too babyish but also nothing too complicated.

I quite like the idea of some sort of activity book/toys related to a well loved storybook character - something that could give a bit of impetus for some imaginative play afterwards. Open to lots of suggestions!

Have you considered getting them an activity book based on the popular Julia Donaldson's 'Room on the Broom'? It checks a lot of your boxes - it's an award-winning storybook with beautiful illustrations, with a great emphasis on imaginative play and storytelling. The book comes with various activity sheets, such as making masks, designing brooms and creating potions - all of which are simple yet engaging activities for that age range!

The story is witch-themed so there's plenty of scope for some fun, creative play, and the main characters - a kind witch and her friendly animal pals - are very lovable. There's something very enchanting about the story and its accompanying illustrations; it's a real favourite among young children (and adults too!).

It's a great all-rounder that should suit your needs and is an excellent way to encourage creativity and storytelling!

Have you considered getting them an activity book based on the popular Julia Donaldson's 'Room on the Broom'? It checks a lot of your boxes - it's an award-winning storybook with beautiful illustrations, with a great emphasis on imaginative play and storytelling. The book comes with various activity sheets, such as making masks, designing brooms and creating potions - all of which are simple yet engaging activities for that age range!

The story is witch-themed so there's plenty of scope for some fun, creative play, and the main characters - a kind witch and her friendly animal pals - are very lovable. There's something very enchanting about the story and its accompanying illustrations; it's a real favourite among young children (and adults too!).

It's a great all-rounder that should suit your needs and is an excellent way to encourage creativity and storytelling!
That's a fabulous recommendation! I'm sure many parents would love to hear about it too, as Julia Donaldson is a much-loved author worldwide. The interactive elements of the Room on the Broom activity book will keep my little ones entertained and engaged. The crafting activities sound simple enough for my five-year-old, yet still enjoyable for my slightly older child too. And I like how you've described the story and characters - very enchanting!

There's so many extensions to the story that can spark imagination and pretend play, and it's wonderful how you've highlighted the different craft activities included which fit the theme. I think I might have found the perfect toybook!

I'm glad to help! It's a fantastic book and the interactive elements really bring the story to life. The crafting activities are varied so should keep little hands busy and provide some lovely family time too.

The world of Julia Donaldson is such a wonderful one to delve into and this book really captures the essence of her enchanting stories. I'm sure it will be a hit and provide hours of fun!

The ToyBook sounds amazing! I love interactive books, they make reading so much more engaging especially for little ones. It's great to hear there are lots of varied activities too - bonus! Julia Donaldson writes such wonderful stories, I'm definitely going to have to get this for some family fun :) Thanks again for the rec!

You're welcome! Julia Donaldson's stories are a lot of fun and the interactive features of the ToyBooks bring them to life - lots of fun to be had!
There are many great options out there when it comes to engaging children's books these days! Do you have other favorite authors or types of ToyBooks you'd like to hear about?

You're welcome! Julia Donaldson's stories are a lot of fun and the interactive features of the ToyBooks bring them to life - lots of fun to be had!
It's great to have you confirm it! I'm sure there will be lots of orders placed after this conversation. It's a nice feeling when you know others have benefited from your recommendations too.

Have a great week and happy reading! Hopefully the sun will shine for us in Singapore so we can do some reading outdoors!

It's great to have your confirmation that interactive ToyBooks can make storytime so much more engaging, especially for younger kids. It's a wonderful way to ignite their imaginations! Julia Donaldson has created some amazing stories; I'm glad her works are being adapted into these awesome activity books.

I'm curious to know if there are other authors or storybooks which have been turned into equally captivating ToyBooks. Something tells me that the options might be limitless! (And this could keep my kid occupied for hours!)

It's great to have your confirmation that interactive ToyBooks can make storytime so much more engaging, especially for younger kids. It's a wonderful way to ignite their imaginations! Julia Donaldson has created some amazing stories; I'm glad her works are being adapted into these awesome activity books.

I'm curious to know if there are other authors or storybooks which have been turned into equally captivating ToyBooks. Something tells me that the options might be limitless! (And this could keep my kid occupied for hours!)
You're right; the options are vast! Author Eric Carle has some fabulous stories which have been transformed into toy books with gorgeous interactive elements. His famous story, 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar', is a delightful book with cute illustrations and a lovely storyline which captivates young audiences.

The ToyBook version has puzzles, games, and activities focused on the story's charming characters, like matching the different fruit eating patterns of the caterpillar! It even has some nice touch-and-feel elements for a sensory experience too.

Another classic tale is 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?' by Bill Martin Jr. & Eric Carle. The book has beautiful visuals and an engaging storyline which lends itself perfectly to an interactive toy book format. It's an excellent book for encouraging children to interact with nature and the world around them. This toy book includes cute plush toys of the animal characters which brings a nice dimensional aspect to the story.

Both options are fantastic for keeping kids engaged and encouraging a love for reading!

You're right; the options are vast! Author Eric Carle has some fabulous stories which have been transformed into toy books with gorgeous interactive elements. His famous story, 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar', is a delightful book with cute illustrations and a lovely storyline which captivates young audiences.

The ToyBook version has puzzles, games, and activities focused on the story's charming characters, like matching the different fruit eating patterns of the caterpillar! It even has some nice touch-and-feel elements for a sensory experience too.

Another classic tale is 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?' by Bill Martin Jr. & Eric Carle. The book has beautiful visuals and an engaging storyline which lends itself perfectly to an interactive toy book format. It's an excellent book for encouraging children to interact with nature and the world around them. This toy book includes cute plush toys of the animal characters which brings a nice dimensional aspect to the story.

Both options are fantastic for keeping kids engaged and encouraging a love for reading!
You've mentioned some lovely books here that I'm sure will spark joy in many children - and their parents too! The interactive features that bring stories to life never fail to make reading extra fun and engaging. I appreciate your recommendations, and I'm certainly going to look out for these authors and titles!

You're most welcome - there's nothing like finding a great children's book that becomes a household favourite! It's also a wonderful way to spark joy and create special memories together 😊

You're most welcome - there's nothing like finding a great children's book that becomes a household favourite! It's also a wonderful way to spark joy and create special memories together 😊
As interactive books go, Eric Carle's work translates beautifully into the ToyBook format with its vibrant illustrations and straightforward storylines young kids love. I'm keen to explore more of his collection after hearing about the cute features in his toy books!

On a different note, if you're also on the lookout for some fun, kinetic ways to engage the little ones, I've heard good things about the Playtivity books. They're a great hit with the shorter attention spanned crew, and I'm told they have loads of interactive flaps and interesting textures to touch and feel. Some even come with small toys and games built into the book! Have you come across them before?

Eric Carle's ToyBook range is definitely a great find for vibrant, interactive books especially crafted for kids. The Playtivity books are an excellent recommendation too - a great mix of flaps, textures and toys all in one keeps the little ones engaged and entertained. It's fantastic for sensory exploration!

The toy and story elements are a wonderful combo that provide hours of fun and keep the book returning into little hands. Well worth checking them out if you want something engaging and different from the classics.

These sound fantastic! Interactive books are such a great way to capture children's attention and encourage a love of reading. Flaps, textures and toys sound like wonderful features to keep little hands busy and curious minds engaged. It's great to have some recommendations for fun, educational resources - thank you for sharing!

You're very welcome! Interactive books are a fantastic resource - such an excellent way to engage kids and a wonderful gateway into the wonderful world of reading! Flaps, wheels, and different textures really bring stories to life for our sensory-rich, hands-on learners too. So many fun options out there!

Interactive books are a godsend for parents and educators! I totally agree that they're an excellent gateway to the world of reading, especially for hands-on learners. Flaps, pop-ups, touch-and-feel textures, and even scented books offer so much excitement and encourage little ones to engage with stories actively.

There's a vast array of cool options out there, but some classics never get old:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Touch-and-Feel Book: This classic Eric Carle book is a delight with its sensory elements.
- Any of the Ladybird Books with real-life photos of vehicles or animals with their signature flaps always capture children's attention.
- The That's Not My... series by Fiona Watt has adorable touchy-feely books with cute illustrations.

We also can't forget the ever-popular Lift-the-Flap Tab Series like the ones by Roger Priddy, full of colorful pictures and simple facts that are perfect for curious minds.

These books are sure to captivate and spark joy at any young age!

Great recommendations! I'll have to check some of these out for my little ones. We love interactive books and it's amazing how something simple like lift-the-flaps can keep them so engaged.

My personal favorite is the classic Corduroy Lift-the-Flap series - such a sweet story and the interactive elements are so cleverly incorporated. Also, the Spot the Dog books by Eric Hill with their simple stories and adorable illustrations are always a hit.

Anything by Julia Donaldson is another big hit in our house - her use of rhyme and repetition is so effective for early readers. Her Room on the Broom interactive book with its interactive tabs and flaps is a masterpiece!

Those are some great choices! I too loved Corduroy as a child, and Spot the Dog is such a classic and lovable character.

Julia Donaldson's books are incredible - interactive, funny and smartly written, they're perfect for little ones. Her books provide a wonderful bridge between being read to, and reading alone - the rhyme and rhythm are so engaging and memorable. Room on the Broom is a particular favourite in our house too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu