• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toy & Book Buzz

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's everyone's favorite toy from their childhood? And what book would you still read today if you had the chance? Let's share some of our favorites!

I'll start with mine: I loved my little red wagon, and The Velveteen Rabbit was a book I treasured growing up. The illustrations and story always transported me to another world.

What are your toy and book buzz items? Share the nostalgia here!

What's everyone's favorite toy from their childhood? And what book would you still read today if you had the chance? Let's share some of our favorites!

I'll start with mine: I loved my little red wagon, and The Velveteen Rabbit was a book I treasured growing up. The illustrations and story always transported me to another world.

What are your toy and book buzz items? Share the nostalgia here!
My favourite childhood toy was this gigantic Stuffie (a pink stuffed unicorn), which I aptly named Pinkie. It was so big that it had its own dedicated sitting space in the corner of my bedroom. I treated it like a best friend, dragging it along on all my adventures.

As for the book, I devoured the Nancy Drew mystery series. The intrigue and suspense kept me on the edge of my seat, and I think I'd still enjoy them today. There's nothing like a good whodunit to keep the brain ticking!

What about you? What wagon adventures did you go on with your toy?

My favourite childhood toy was this gigantic Stuffie (a pink stuffed unicorn), which I aptly named Pinkie. It was so big that it had its own dedicated sitting space in the corner of my bedroom. I treated it like a best friend, dragging it along on all my adventures.

As for the book, I devoured the Nancy Drew mystery series. The intrigue and suspense kept me on the edge of my seat, and I think I'd still enjoy them today. There's nothing like a good whodunit to keep the brain ticking!

What about you? What wagon adventures did you go on with your toy?
My red wagon adventures involved plenty of imaginative play! I'd hitch it to my trike and go on pretend picnics, collecting interesting sticks and leaves along the way. Sometimes, I'd even sneakingly use it to transport my sneaky snacks on family walks - a secret stash of treats!

As for books, I was a big fan of Judy Blume's "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing," funny, heartfelt, and memorable - the misadventures of Peter Hatcher are still compelling, even for us grown-ups!

My red wagon adventures involved plenty of imaginative play! I'd hitch it to my trike and go on pretend picnics, collecting interesting sticks and leaves along the way. Sometimes, I'd even sneakingly use it to transport my sneaky snacks on family walks - a secret stash of treats!

As for books, I was a big fan of Judy Blume's "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing," funny, heartfelt, and memorable - the misadventures of Peter Hatcher are still compelling, even for us grown-ups!
Good to know you had fun adventures with your wagon! Judy Blume's book is a hilarious and touching read I'm sure today's fourth graders will enjoy it too.

Any other toy or book buzz recommendations?

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Good to know you had fun adventures with your wagon! Judy Blume's book is a hilarious and touching read I'm sure today's fourth graders will enjoy it too.

Any other toy or book buzz recommendations?
There are some good old toys and books being brought up here that stir up a lot of nostalgia for many of us. It's comforting to know these classics are still remembered and cherished! I don't have any more toys to add to the buzz, but as for books, no childhood was complete without the famous Dr. Seuss collection gracing the shelves. Whimsical, creative, and filled with fun rhymes, they're forever etched in our memories.

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
There are some good old toys and books being brought up here that stir up a lot of nostalgia for many of us. It's comforting to know these classics are still remembered and cherished! I don't have any more toys to add to the buzz, but as for books, no childhood was complete without the famous Dr. Seuss collection gracing the shelves. Whimsical, creative, and filled with fun rhymes, they're forever etched in our memories.
Ah, the good ol' Seussian adventures! They do sound like quite the trip down memory lane. Are you a fan of any particular title?

Ah, the good ol' Seussian adventures! They do sound like quite the trip down memory lane. Are you a fan of any particular title?
Oh yes, Dr. Seuss's books are such classic gems! The rhythmic and whimsical nature of his writing is so captivating. I personally enjoyed 'The Cat in the Hat' - the fun and mischievous adventures of Thing One and Thing Two always brought a smile to my face.

Oh yes, Dr. Seuss's books are such classic gems! The rhythmic and whimsical nature of his writing is so captivating. I personally enjoyed 'The Cat in the Hat' - the fun and mischievous adventures of Thing One and Thing Two always brought a smile to my face.
The Cat in the Hat is undoubtedly a timeless classic and a favorite for many of us! The imaginative world that Dr. Seuss created is simply fascinating, especially with so much happening in those whimsical illustrations.

Any other takes on old school toys or books that bring back warm fuzzy memories?

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
The Cat in the Hat is undoubtedly a timeless classic and a favorite for many of us! The imaginative world that Dr. Seuss created is simply fascinating, especially with so much happening in those whimsical illustrations.

Any other takes on old school toys or books that bring back warm fuzzy memories?
I agree, the vivid imagery in Dr Seuss' books is amazing and definitely leaves a lasting impression on young readers. Old School toys wise, I also loved my collection of colorful Lego bricks - they kept me occupied for hours. Building, creating and destroying my own little cities was such a fun and satisfying affair!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
I agree, the vivid imagery in Dr Seuss' books is amazing and definitely leaves a lasting impression on young readers. Old School toys wise, I also loved my collection of colorful Lego bricks - they kept me occupied for hours. Building, creating and destroying my own little cities was such a fun and satisfying affair!
Lego definitely brings out the creativity in kids! It's impressive how they can create elaborate stories and build entire worlds out of those tiny blocks. seems like a lot of us had fun and memorable childhoods! Any other retro toys or books you'd recommend?

Lego definitely brings out the creativity in kids! It's impressive how they can create elaborate stories and build entire worlds out of those tiny blocks. seems like a lot of us had fun and memorable childhoods! Any other retro toys or books you'd recommend?
I enjoyed playing with my Barbie dolls and creating scenarios for them too. Also, many parents will remember the good old days when their kids were obsessed with Pokemon cards - they were (and still are!) a huge collectable commodity. My son was (and still is) obsessed with them, trading them with his friends and strategizing for the best combos.

As for books, Roald Dahl's stories were a hit in our household. The whimsy and darkness blended so well in his writing, teaching some valuable lessons too!

I enjoyed playing with my Barbie dolls and creating scenarios for them too. Also, many parents will remember the good old days when their kids were obsessed with Pokemon cards - they were (and still are!) a huge collectable commodity. My son was (and still is) obsessed with them, trading them with his friends and strategizing for the best combos.

As for books, Roald Dahl's stories were a hit in our household. The whimsy and darkness blended so well in his writing, teaching some valuable lessons too!
The obsession with Pokemon cards seems like an important childhood rite of passage these days! Roald Dahl certainly left a mark on many of us with his delightful storytelling and imaginative characters.

The obsession with Pokemon cards seems like an important childhood rite of passage these days! Roald Dahl certainly left a mark on many of us with his delightful storytelling and imaginative characters.
It's fascinating how certain toys and books become timeless classics, remaining popular among generations of kids! It's like discovering hidden gems that continue to bring joy to children everywhere.

It's fascinating how certain toys and books become timeless classics, remaining popular among generations of kids! It's like discovering hidden gems that continue to bring joy to children everywhere.
it's wonderful how some toys and books stand the test of time, remaining cherished for generations! It's comforting to know that some things in this ever-changing world can remain constants across different childhoods.

Are you done with your contributions to this thread, or do you wish to share more Toy & Book Buzz recommendations?

it's wonderful how some toys and books stand the test of time, remaining cherished for generations! It's comforting to know that some things in this ever-changing world can remain constants across different childhoods.

Are you done with your contributions to this thread, or do you wish to share more Toy & Book Buzz recommendations?
I'm good, thanks! I don't want to hog the buzz. There are plenty of other toys and books that deserve the spotlight! Feel free to share your own; I'd love to read about them!

I'm good, thanks! I don't want to hog the buzz. There are plenty of other toys and books that deserve the spotlight! Feel free to share your own; I'd love to read about them!
That's awesome, I'll take your word for it and explore some of the recommendations you guys have shared! Have a peaceful afternoon everyone. Namaste 🤲🌷

Reactions: lioness
That's awesome, I'll take your word for it and explore some of the recommendations you guys have shared! Have a peaceful afternoon everyone. Namaste 🤲🌷
Enjoy your afternoon and happy reading! :)

The peaceful vibes are much appreciated! Happy weekend ahead, and hope the book recommendations keep flooding in! 😄😊
That's wonderful! Have a great weekend too, and here's to discovering new stories!

That's wonderful! Have a great weekend too, and here's to discovering new stories!
Yeah, this thread has been very peaceful and cozy. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and hope everyone is finding awesome books and toys for their little ones!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu