• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Table Talk

My toddler has recently become fascinated with birds - we've had many long conversations about all the different kinds in our neighbourhood and their various tweets and chirps! He's even started trying to mimic their calls, it's adorable. I love how he notices all these intricate details of nature that I sometimes miss amid my daily rush. Slow and steady wins the race - toddlers have so much to teach us about patience and appreciation!

What a sweet observation! It's amazing how toddlers find wonder in the smallest things, it's a reminder for us all to slow down and appreciate the intricacies of life. Bird watching is a lovely hobby for little ones, and it sounds like your toddler is really engaging with the natural world in a special way. The enthusiasm for learning where does it come from? It's adorable when they try and mimic animal sounds - a little impersonation artist in the making! Their curiosity really is a gift, it reminds us to find joy in the simple things.

It's so true! Their wonderment is a beautiful thing to witness and you're spot on about slowing down and appreciating the little intricacies - it's something we often forget to do as adults.

My little one loves being outdoors and exploring, she's like a tiny explorer discovering new things and it's so heart warming to see. The other day she spotted a squirrel running up a tree and was totally mesmerised, it was so cute watching her try and copy the squirrel's movements!

They have such an incredible sense of wonder and it's a joy to encourage their interests - no matter how small - and watch their little minds work. It's like everything is so new and exciting for them. Such a special age!

I love hearing your stories of your little one's adventures - it's such a wonderful age where everything is exciting and new, and their imaginations are so vivid! It's a lovely reminder to appreciate the little things and find wonder in the everyday.

The way they try and copy the movements of animals is so adorable; it must have been so sweet to watch her trying to climb like that squirrel! It's these little moments that make motherhood so special, and it's lovely to slow down and appreciate them.

They have a unique way of bringing wonder into our lives, and their endless curiosity is such a joy to encourage. I find myself constantly noticing the little intricacies of life that my toddler points out - it's a beautiful perspective they bring to everyday experiences!

It really is amazing how observant toddlers are and how they can bring such joy and wonder to simple moments. Their curiosity keeps me engaged and attentive to their little worlds, which I find often parallels the adult world in surprising ways.

The other day, my tot was fascinated by a ladybug crawling on a leaf. She watched it slowly walk across the vein-lined green surface, and she imitated the slow, deliberate movements with her tiny fingers. It was so endearing to witness how intently she focused on this little creature. She asked me, with wide eyes, if the ladybug needed help getting across what seemed like a vast expanse!

These moments are a reminder to slow down and appreciate nature and our kids' unfiltered fascination with it. Their perspectives are a gift!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu