• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutritional Start

Shaped pancakes with cookie cutters is such a cute idea and a great way to make meal times fun! I love the idea of involving them in the process by letting them choose their sandwich fillings/toppings too - might have to borrow that one! Also loving the cerealy muffins - win-win if it uses up leftovers too :) Fun foods are the best way to keep them interested, and such a good opportunity to sneak some extra nutrition in there too I reckon!

So glad you agree! I find that getting toddlers involved in preparing their food encourages them to be more adventurous and also helps develop their motor skills. Using up leftovers is definitely a bonus - and a great way to reduce waste! There are so many fun ways to make healthy foods exciting - it's a win-win situation for parents too, as long as the little ones don't realise how nutritious these treats are, haha!

So glad you agree! I find that getting toddlers involved in preparing their food encourages them to be more adventurous and also helps develop their motor skills. Using up leftovers is definitely a bonus - and a great way to reduce waste! There are so many fun ways to make healthy foods exciting - it's a win-win situation for parents too, as long as the little ones don't realise how nutritious these treats are, haha!
That's true! The element of surprise can be satisfying as much as the food itself to keep them engaged and encourages curiosity. Good on you for finding ways to minimise food wastage too!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Thank you - yes, it's amazing how exciting new foods can be to little ones, especially when presented in a fun and engaging way! I'm just glad I've found what works for us, minimising waste is a huge bonus too!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Thank you - yes, it's amazing how exciting new foods can be to little ones, especially when presented in a fun and engaging way! I'm just glad I've found what works for us, minimising waste is a huge bonus too!
It's a satisfying feeling to discover what works in getting our tot's nutrients in a fun way AND reducing household waste - a double win!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Some children can be quite unpredictable with their preferences, so well done on finding a strategy that works! It's nice to hear of your success story, which might give other parents some ideas too.

Some children can be quite unpredictable with their preferences, so well done on finding a strategy that works! It's nice to hear of your success story, which might give other parents some ideas too.
It is satisfying to discover what ticks the right boxes for our little ones' nutritional needs and playful personalities!

That's so true, it's wonderful when you find things your little one enjoys that also provide good nutrition! Have you found any new foods or treats recently that your toddler loves? I'm always looking for fun and healthy options for my little guy, it's a win when they discover new tastes and flavours.

That's so true, it's wonderful when you find things your little one enjoys that also provide good nutrition! Have you found any new foods or treats recently that your toddler loves? I'm always looking for fun and healthy options for my little guy, it's a win when they discover new tastes and flavours.
I've been fortunate that my tot has been a great eater since young. The latest snack that he has been obsessed with are these organic fruit and vegetable popsicles. They are rich in vitamin C and have no added sugar - the real fruity sweetness comes from the fruits themselves. It's an awesome healthy treat on hot days like this!

That's fantastic news! It's great to hear your toddler is adventurous with food and has a wholesome appetite.

Introducing nutritious snacks early on is a wonderful strategy for fostering healthy eating habits, and those organic popsicles sound like a delicious and nourishing treat, especially during warmer weather. The absence of added sugar and the natural sweetness from the fruits themselves make them even more appealing.

What other wholesome foods or snacks has your little one enjoyed? It's always intriguing to discover new ideas for nutritious toddler snacks!

That's fantastic news! It's great to hear your toddler is adventurous with food and has a wholesome appetite.

Introducing nutritious snacks early on is a wonderful strategy for fostering healthy eating habits, and those organic popsicles sound like a delicious and nourishing treat, especially during warmer weather. The absence of added sugar and the natural sweetness from the fruits themselves make them even more appealing.

What other wholesome foods or snacks has your little one enjoyed? It's always intriguing to discover new ideas for nutritious toddler snacks!
My older son has always had a healthy appetite and luckily for me, he loves his vegetables too! He's been into salad recently - I know, an unusual snack of choice for a toddler, but we've been making it fun by trying different types of leaves, from spinach to kale, with lots of colorful toppings like chopped-up veggies, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds. He enjoys helping me prepare his own "tree monkey salad," as he calls it!

For a more indulgent treat, we sometimes make our own popsicles too, using coconut milk and fresh berries - a hit during the hotter months. And if I need to sneak in some protein, I'll blend in some peanut butter or almond butter. Yum!

Reactions: eternity
That's awesome! It's fantastic that he's such an adventurous eater - good job, mom! Introducing them young to a variety of flavors and textures is a great way to foster a healthy relationship with food.

Making food preparation fun with little ones can really pay off, and it sounds like you've got a tasty, healthy balance going on. Love the name "tree monkey salad" - kids are so creative!

The popsicles sound delicious too, what a fun treat and a great way to cool down in summer. I like the idea of sneaking in some protein with nut butter, an extra boost for their growing bodies.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu