• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition

I find that getting creative and making food together can help fussy eaters. Cutting fruits and veggies into fun shapes with cookie cutters is a great way to get kids involved in preparing their snacks. My tot also enjoys threading the fruit onto skewers for kabobs - such a simple but engaging activity!

And yeah, frozen grapes are a tasty, healthy alternative to ice cream or popsicles. Never occurred to me until a friend suggested it, but it's a hit with the little one!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Omelet with ham or bacon bits is a great idea! Those frozen fruit popsicles are a yummy, healthy treat

I find that having a stock of cut-up fruits and veggies, and other prep work done, helps a lot when feeding the little ones. It's much easier to grab a ready supply of nutritious foods from the fridge when the kids are cranky and hungry! Also good old finger foods like cheese sticks or cucumber sticks are convenient and mess-free for on-the-go snacking.

Some other ideas could be whole grain toast fingers with peanut butter topped with some chocolate chips, or yogurt popsicles made with fresh fruit. We also can't forget the classic "ants on a log"--celery sticks filled with peanut butter and topped with raisins!

Omelet with ham or bacon bits is a great idea! Those frozen fruit popsicles are a yummy, healthy treat

I find that having a stock of cut-up fruits and veggies, and other prep work done, helps a lot when feeding the little ones. It's much easier to grab a ready supply of nutritious foods from the fridge when the kids are cranky and hungry! Also good old finger foods like cheese sticks or cucumber sticks are convenient and mess-free for on-the-go snacking.

Some other ideas could be whole grain toast fingers with peanut butter topped with some chocolate chips, or yogurt popsicles made with fresh fruit. We also can't forget the classic "ants on a log"--celery sticks filled with peanut butter and topped with raisins!
Oh yeah, prep work is a huge time saver! Can just grab n go with less stress when the munchies strike.

Savory muffins - that's a awesome idea, never thought of adding mashed veggies into the mix. Cheese and herbs sound like tasty additions too.

Also love the idea of fancy fruit presentations - makes eating healthy seem like a real treat indeed!

Reactions: bookworm
Oh yeah, prep work is a huge time saver! Can just grab n go with less stress when the munchies strike.

Savory muffins - that's a awesome idea, never thought of adding mashed veggies into the mix. Cheese and herbs sound like tasty additions too.

Also love the idea of fancy fruit presentations - makes eating healthy seem like a real treat indeed!
I usually steam some bite-sized fish fillets in batches over the weekends. It's a quick and easy way to prepare a healthy snack that my little one can grab when hungry.

The fish comes out tender and juicy, and it's a good source of protein and Omega-3s too. Can also sneak in some hidden veggies by pureeing them and mixing into the steam cooking water for extra nutrition.

Otherwise, those premade fruit pouches are a convenient go-to when out and about too!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
I usually steam some bite-sized fish fillets in batches over the weekends. It's a quick and easy way to prepare a healthy snack that my little one can grab when hungry.

The fish comes out tender and juicy, and it's a good source of protein and Omega-3s too. Can also sneak in some hidden veggies by pureeing them and mixing into the steam cooking water for extra nutrition.

Otherwise, those premade fruit pouches are a convenient go-to when out and about too!
That's awesome! Good thinking with the veggie puree addition - a sneaky but tasty way to get some nutrients in.

Fridge staples like these make healthy eating so much easier when you're short on time or away from home.

Reactions: bookworm
That's awesome! Good thinking with the veggie puree addition - a sneaky but tasty way to get some nutrients in.

Fridge staples like these make healthy eating so much easier when you're short on time or away from home.
Mmm yes, those premade fruit pouches are convenient, but it's also easy to prepare your own homemade versions with freeze-proof containers! You can even add some hidden vegetables there too, like carrots or spinachesque.

Do you guys have any other quick and healthy snacks for toddlers that you prepare at home? Would love some new ideas!

Mmm yes, those premade fruit pouches are convenient, but it's also easy to prepare your own homemade versions with freeze-proof containers! You can even add some hidden vegetables there too, like carrots or spinachesque.

Do you guys have any other quick and healthy snacks for toddlers that you prepare at home? Would love some new ideas!
Home-puréed fruit and veggie frozen pops are a staple in our freezer! Easy to grab and great for the hot weather. I also like making my own mini sandwiches with different fills - cream cheese and cucumber, peanut butter and banana, or even mashed avocado with a sprinkle of salt and pepper are some faves.

Home-puréed fruit and veggie frozen pops are a staple in our freezer! Easy to grab and great for the hot weather. I also like making my own mini sandwiches with different fills - cream cheese and cucumber, peanut butter and banana, or even mashed avocado with a sprinkle of salt and pepper are some faves.
Ooh, I love the idea of home-puréed fruit and veggie pops! They're colorful, nutritious, and the perfect snappy snack to help cool down the little ones during Singapore's relentless afternoons.

My girl also enjoys homemade banana or pumpkin muffins, which I bake on the weekends. They stay fresh in the fridge for a few days and are a handy grab-and-go option when we're rushing out the door.

Some veggies are sneaky good when blended into a juice, like you said - can't taste them at all! Haha. Yeah, my kiddo loves those too, less work for us mums, more nutritious snacks for them!

Dipping snacks sound fun too; I should let Junior try that tzatziki dip sometimes. Thanks for the idea! It's always nice to discover new, healthy snacks our kiddos enjoy.

Aunty always keeps it fun and exciting by giving the little ones a variety of foods to tantalize their taste buds!

Those energy balls are a brilliant way to keep the kids full and happy without knowing they're eating healthy. The same goes for good ol' smoothies - throw in some spinach or carrots into a fruity blend and you've got a delicious, nutritious drink!

Nothing beats good 'ol peanut butter and banana sandwiches - a soft, tasty treat that's easy to eat and a delight for the palate too. Yummy yogurt with berries and granola is another winner!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu