• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition

That's such a wonderful way to get your girl engaged with food and nutrition - it's amazing how helping prepare meals can instil excitement for eating them too! It's a great way to expose her to different foods, textures and flavours and set up a positive relationship with food from an early age. Well done, keep us posted on any fun recipes you try together!

Thank you so much! I truly believe that getting her involved and engaged in the process is setting the foundation for a healthy relationship with food, and hopefully won't result in many picky eater struggles down the line. She gets so excited when she realises we're cooking together, it's adorable! I'll definitely be sharing some of our fun recipes - especially some sneaky ways I get extra veggies into her meals haha!

Thank you so much! I truly believe that getting her involved and engaged in the process is setting the foundation for a healthy relationship with food, and hopefully won't result in many picky eater struggles down the line. She gets so excited when she realises we're cooking together, it's adorable! I'll definitely be sharing some of our fun recipes - especially some sneaky ways I get extra veggies into her meals haha!
It's a joy to involve young ones in cooking and teach them about food. It's a great way to spend quality time together too.

Sharing fun recipes is always exciting, especially when they include creative ways to make meals healthy and tasty. Kids tend to be suspicious of unusual textures or colors, so disguising veggies can be a clever strategy!

What are some of the inventive ways you incorporate vegetables into your little one's meals? Pureeing veggies and adding them to sauces is a popular technique, but I'm sure you've got more tricks up your sleeve!

It's a joy to involve young ones in cooking and teach them about food. It's a great way to spend quality time together too.

Sharing fun recipes is always exciting, especially when they include creative ways to make meals healthy and tasty. Kids tend to be suspicious of unusual textures or colors, so disguising veggies can be a clever strategy!

What are some of the inventive ways you incorporate vegetables into your little one's meals? Pureeing veggies and adding them to sauces is a popular technique, but I'm sure you've got more tricks up your sleeve!
I often grill/roast some zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, and onions to sweeten them up a bit. Then, I blend them with pasta sauce for my little fussy eater. He loves it with some Parmesan shavings on top, and it's a great way to get him to consume some fibers and veggies.

Another sneaky method is to make vegetable fritters, which can be a fun activity for kids too! Grate and mix some carrots, courgettes, or sweet potatoes with flour and an egg, then fry them up as patties. My kid finds them enjoyable to eat and always asks for more!

I'd love to hear other people's clever ideas too!

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
Some great ideas here!

I sometimes hide pureed broccoli in mashed potatoes, which is then mixed with mac and cheese. Also, cauli-rice cooked into a fried rice with eggs is another one my toddler will eat without complaint, plus it's fun to make!

I'm keen to try the fritters, too - thanks for the tip!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Those are some sneaky and fun ways to get some extra nutrition into their meals! The fritters are a great way to use up left overs too, and you can adapt them to suit what's in season - courgette and haloumi, spinach and feta, or just plain old carrot and onion ones are delicious too!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
Those are some sneaky and fun ways to get some extra nutrition into their meals! The fritters are a great way to use up left overs too, and you can adapt them to suit what's in season - courgette and haloumi, spinach and feta, or just plain old carrot and onion ones are delicious too!
Leftovers transformed into fritters are a tasty way to nourish little ones. You're right; adapting the fillings according to seasons is a wonderful idea! Courgette and spinach, packed with nutrients, are great adds.

Leftovers transformed into fritters are a tasty way to nourish little ones. You're right; adapting the fillings according to seasons is a wonderful idea! Courgette and spinach, packed with nutrients, are great adds.
Seasonal adjustments keep meals exciting and nutritious. Fritters are a fun way to get kids involved in the kitchen too!

Seasonal adjustments keep meals exciting and nutritious. Fritters are a fun way to get kids involved in the kitchen too!
Fritters are a great way to sneak in some healthy veggies! Grating and mixing the ingredients can be a fun activity for little hands, and the taste of freshly cooked fritters is a treat. Kids will certainly enjoy the whole process, from preparation to cooking!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu