• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition

That picture is making me hungry! It's an exciting time when they start getting more adventurous with food and develop their preferences. We've been trying to introduce lots of new foods to our little one, and it's so fun watching her experience different flavours and textures. It's a great foundation for healthy eating habits down the track.
No time like the present to foster an adventure for various flavors and foster a healthy appetite!

No time like the present to foster an adventure for various flavors and foster a healthy appetite!
Hmmm...adventure into various flavors, sounds fun! Especially with little ones who are constantly exploring and discovering new things, it's a great idea to introduce them to different tastes and textures.

Absolutely! It's such an exciting time when they're little and everything is so new. Exploring different foods and flavours helps expand their palates and encourages a positive relationship with food too. It's a great foundation for healthy eating habits in the future! :)

Absolutely! It's such an exciting time when they're little and everything is so new. Exploring different foods and flavours helps expand their palates and encourages a positive relationship with food too. It's a great foundation for healthy eating habits in the future! :)
Exposing them to a variety of textures and tastes in these early years helps them develop an adventurous attitude towards food. It's awesome that you're already thinking about nurturing your toddler's nutrition - many parents could learn from you!

It's never too early to start! We as parents can really influence our children's eating habits and hopefully set them up for success by encouraging healthy and adventurous eaters. Exposing them to different flavours, smells, and textures will hopefully expand their palate. I try to remember this every mealtime - it's an opportunity to excite their taste buds!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
That's right! Mealtimes are a great opportunity to introduce new flavours, especially if we want our little ones to be adventurous eaters. I find that involving toddlers in the cooking process encourages them to explore new foods too. Even simple tasks like washing veggies or mixing ingredients can make them feel more involved and eager to taste the foods they've helped prepare. Also, it's a great strategy to serve up a variety of foods with different textures and let them explore and play with their food - this seems to work well for my toddler at least!

What other strategies do you all use to encourage healthy eating and develop those good habits early on?

Great tip about involving them in the cooking process! I agree that giving them some ownership and letting them explore different textures can make mealtime less stressful.

My go-to strategy is to make healthy foods more fun and exciting - for example, making fruit skewers with different coloured berries and chopped up bananas, or doing a rainbow vegetable roast with a mix of roasted sweet potatoes, carrots and beets. Making meals into a game or a visual treat seems to work well with my little one!

That's a brilliant strategy! Making food look fun and engaging can definitely spark their interest. Creating those colourful fruit skewers and roasted veggie rainbow is a wonderful way to expose them to a variety of tastes and textures, and it makes nutrition an exciting adventure.

Absolutely! Making eating an adventure can help develop their taste buds and also educate them on the colours and varieties of food out there. It's a win-win situation!

It's so true - mealtime is a great opportunity to learn and explore! Exposing them to a variety of colours and flavours can really broaden their palate too. It's amazing how quickly they pick up on new words for foods too and start developing their own preferences.

That's so true! Mealtime becomes such an exciting learning experience for them, teaching about flavours and textures and also colours - especially when you involve them in preparing the meal too. My little one loves helping out, especially with mixing or stirring anything. Watching their faces when they try new foods is just hilarious - like a food critic! And I love how very quickly they learn new words and start forming their own little opinions - cute and funny all at once!

Mealtime is a sensory explosion for them and an opportunity to learn some great life skills too. It's amazing how quickly they pick up on new experiences and it's such a joy to watch their personalities develop, especially through food! I agree, the look of concentration on their faces when trying new foods is so adorable.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu