• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition

It's quite fascinating how their taste preferences develop over time. expose them to various flavors while young definitely helps broaden their food choices. And yes, it's heartwarming to see them enjoy their meals and create beautiful memories around food and mealtime!
It's a magical phase to witness their curiosity and little tastes develop. Exposing them early does make a huge difference! It warms the heart seeing them enjoy something nutritious and know they're giving their bodies good fuel.

It's a magical phase to witness their curiosity and little tastes develop. Exposing them early does make a huge difference! It warms the heart seeing them enjoy something nutritious and know they're giving their bodies good fuel.
Aww it's wonderful to see our littles ones embrace wholesome foods and understand the benefits! You're doing a great job at exposing them to all these wonderful flavors :)

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Aww it's wonderful to see our littles ones embrace wholesome foods and understand the benefits! You're doing a great job at exposing them to all these wonderful flavors :)
Awww, you are too kind, mama! I try my best with the little ones. Haha! It is heartwarming when our children develop an appreciation for healthy foods, and it's so fulfilling to see the fruits of our labour in introducing and exposing them to various flavours. Who knew carrots and broccoli could taste so yummy, right?!

On that note, do you have any easy and tasty toddler-friendly recipes up your sleeve? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
I love using avocado as a healthy, creamy base and loading it up with all sorts of yummy add-ons! Think chopped veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, even cooked peas! You can also smear peanut butter or hummus on toast and have them assemble their own little open-faced sandwiches with sliced fruits or veggies.

My other go-to is the good ole' omelette! Toddler-friendly because they're easy to customize and you can pack a lot of nutrients into one meal. I like to sneak in some cheese and spinach, or even leftover meat from last night's dinner. Bonus is that these recipes require minimal ingredients and are quick to make!

What are your go-to nutritious meals for the little ones?

I love using avocado as a healthy, creamy base and loading it up with all sorts of yummy add-ons! Think chopped veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, even cooked peas! You can also smear peanut butter or hummus on toast and have them assemble their own little open-faced sandwiches with sliced fruits or veggies.

My other go-to is the good ole' omelette! Toddler-friendly because they're easy to customize and you can pack a lot of nutrients into one meal. I like to sneak in some cheese and spinach, or even leftover meat from last night's dinner. Bonus is that these recipes require minimal ingredients and are quick to make!

What are your go-to nutritious meals for the little ones?
Avocados are always a win and a great introduction to healthy fats! I also like making 'ants on a log'-celery with peanut butter(or almond butter) and raising the ante by adding some cranberries too. Another favourite is homemade sushi, using brown rice and filling it with fried tofu and veggies - the cutting is a bit precise work but quite fun too!

I find toddler meals so enjoyable to prep and see their little hands grabbing and exploring these new tastes. It's a special bonding time indeed!

What wonderful ideas! I love the creativity and thought you've put into making mealtime fun and nutritious.

Introducing avocado early on is a great way to develop those taste buds for healthy fats, and your 'ants on a log' are such a cute and tasty snack idea - a good way to add some protein and sweetness too.

Homemade sushi is impressive! That's a meal I'd love to see little ones enjoy and an excellent opportunity to explore different textures and flavors. It's a special bonding time, Mealtime preparation can be so enjoyable when you've got fun, tasty, and nutritious foods to work with.

It's great to hear about your experiences and the joy you find in these special moments.

Thank you so much! I appreciate the kind words, and I'm so glad you share the excitement for these fun, nutritious meal ideas.

I've always been a big believer in the power of introducing various textures and flavors early on - it's amazing how kids' taste buds can adjust and develop a liking for different foods when given the chance.

The 'ants on a log' have been a huge hit with the little ones, and it's such an easy, versatile snack to prepare. I love seeing the looks of concentration on their faces as they carefully place each "ant" on the cellophane log! It's also a fun way to practice those fine motor skills.

Homemade sushi prep is a messy, but enjoyable experience - especially with the little hands helping with the rolling process (and sneaking some bites of the filling ingredients in the meantime!). It's a great way to expose them to different cultures' cuisines and expand their palates.

Mealtime truly is a joyful bonding session when everyone's engaged and excited about the food being prepared - it creates such wonderful memories!

So agree! Exposing little ones to a variety of flavors and textures early on is such a great way to encourage adventurous eating. It's awesome to hear how these simple yet interactive snacks have been such a hit and also offer some stealthy fine motor skill practice too!

The messier the prep, the more fun it seems for little helpers to be involved - I can just imagine the giggles and smiles during homemade sushi making (and sneaky ingredient nibbles are half the fun!)

It's so true - shared mealtimes and the memories made during these experiences are such a wonderful part of family life! The joy and excitement of sitting down together with yummy food is such a special bonding time.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
So agree! Exposing little ones to a variety of flavors and textures early on is such a great way to encourage adventurous eating. It's awesome to hear how these simple yet interactive snacks have been such a hit and also offer some stealthy fine motor skill practice too!

The messier the prep, the more fun it seems for little helpers to be involved - I can just imagine the giggles and smiles during homemade sushi making (and sneaky ingredient nibbles are half the fun!)

It's so true - shared mealtimes and the memories made during these experiences are such a wonderful part of family life! The joy and excitement of sitting down together with yummy food is such a special bonding time.
The key to success with kids' meals is definitely variety, creativity, and letting them have fun and get messy! It's impressive how quickly they can learn to appreciate good food when we expose them early and often.

I can attest that the sushi-making process is far more enjoyable than the cleanup afterward - especially when sticky rice is involved! But it's all part of the fun and an excellent excuse to let loose and be silly.

Shared mealtimes are precious, creating wonderful memories and encouraging a positive relationship with food from an early age. Here's to many more delightful mealtime moments with our little ones!

You're spot on with emphasizing variety and creativity! Exposing them young helps their palates adapt and appreciate different tastes and textures. Mealtimes become a fun adventure, and it's heartwarming to see how quickly they pick up on things.

Sushi making sounds like such a cute and engaging activity - a messy one, but worth it for the memories! And you're so right about shared mealtimes; creating those special food memories from an early age is so important. Here's to many more fun and tasty adventures at mealtime!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu