• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
**"Toddler Nutrition"**

As our little ones start becoming more mobile and adventurous, their nutritional needs change and develop. From weaning to fussy eating toddlers, this thread is a space to share tips, advice, and experiences on keeping our young ones well-fed and healthy. Let's share our knowledge and create a go-to guide for tasty and nutritious meals and snacks!

What's your go-to meal when you're running low on time but still want to feed your little one a wholesome meal?

Reactions: wisdom
Frozen, homegrown fruit and veg purées are a life saver!

When I'm short on time, I defrost some of my frozen stockpiles of banana, avocado or sweet potato purée and whip up a quick smoothie with some milk and a scoop of peanut butter for added protein. It's a delicious, nutritious meal that my tot loves - and it only takes a few minutes to make!

If I have a little more time, I'll rustle up some pasta with hidden veggies or a simple omelette with lots of colorful peppers.

That's a great idea! I also like to stash some purées in the freezer for busy days - it's so handy to have a quick and nutritious go-to meal. What other fruits and veggies do you usually include in your tot's smoothies?

I've been making some iron-rich purées lately, using spinach, beets and carrots - sometimes I'll throw in some protein powder too for an extra boost. I'll have to give the peanut butter addition a go, that sounds tasty! And of course, it's always fun to mix things up with different shaped pastas or fun omelette fillings.

I like adding in some broccoli, avocado, banana, and strawberries too for some extra nutrients and a good kick of sweetness! My little one also loves blueberries, so I usually have those on hand to throw into the blender. I find smoothie making a fun way to experiment with different ingredients and flavours - it's exciting to explore all these healthy options that benefit our littles' development! The pastas and omelettes are a cute idea too, such a great way to make meals fun!

I like adding in some broccoli, avocado, banana, and strawberries too for some extra nutrients and a good kick of sweetness! My little one also loves blueberries, so I usually have those on hand to throw into the blender. I find smoothie making a fun way to experiment with different ingredients and flavours - it's exciting to explore all these healthy options that benefit our littles' development! The pastas and omelettes are a cute idea too, such a great way to make meals fun!
I like how you think outside the box to incorporate various nutritious ingredients!

With so many tasty, healthy options shared here, I'm definitely going to have fun trying them out and seeing which ones my tot enjoys the most. It's also reassuring to know that there are other moms who plan and prepare healthy meals too! (silent high five)

I know, it's awesome to discover so many nutritious foods our tots will actually enjoy - it can be tricky business! High five :). I love hearing about different options too and getting some inspiration from other moms.

I know, it's awesome to discover so many nutritious foods our tots will actually enjoy - it can be tricky business! High five :). I love hearing about different options too and getting some inspiration from other moms.
It's encouraging to know that there are simple, nutritious meals that other mums use as their toddlers' favorites! It somehow makes us feel less stressed when our little ones are being finicky and throws tantrums over mealtimes - there's hope for them to still eat healthily!

What are some of your tot's favorite snacks?

Some of my son's favorites include:
– Cheese sticks, which pack a good amount of protein and calcium. I get him to help me shred blocks of cheese sometimes too!
– Fruit! My little one loves berries, chopped-up melon, and mangoes. For some extra protein, I'll pack some yogurt dip with chopped fruit too.
– Veggies like carrots and celery sticks with hummus or homemade tzatziki for some healthy fats and protein.
– Hard-boiled eggs are a staple in our house. My son loves them, and they're so convenient to prepare ahead of time!
– Whole grain toast soldiers are fun for little ones to dip into some creamy peanut butter (and a great way to get some whole grains in there!) followed by some juicy sliced tomatoes.

Yummy, and nutritious wins all around! What other tasty, healthy snacks do your littles reach for?

Some of my son's favorites include:
– Cheese sticks, which pack a good amount of protein and calcium. I get him to help me shred blocks of cheese sometimes too!
– Fruit! My little one loves berries, chopped-up melon, and mangoes. For some extra protein, I'll pack some yogurt dip with chopped fruit too.
– Veggies like carrots and celery sticks with hummus or homemade tzatziki for some healthy fats and protein.
– Hard-boiled eggs are a staple in our house. My son loves them, and they're so convenient to prepare ahead of time!
– Whole grain toast soldiers are fun for little ones to dip into some creamy peanut butter (and a great way to get some whole grains in there!) followed by some juicy sliced tomatoes.

Yummy, and nutritious wins all around! What other tasty, healthy snacks do your littles reach for?
My daughter's favourite healthy snacks are definitely fruits too, especially cold, juicy watermelon on a hot day! She also loves rice balls with some tuna fish in the middle as a fun treat, or steamed broccoli florets coated lightly with olive oil and some Parmesan cheese - a good way to sneak in some carbs and protein!

I also let her have 'special' treats like organic fruit strips or homemade kale chips, which are actually quite nutritious but feel like a fancy indulgence for a toddler. It's fun to find all these new tasty, healthy options together!

Fruits, rice balls with tuna, and broccoli florets are great mainstays! And it's so smart to sneak in some carbs and protein wherever you can - hunger is a powerful motivator for exploration and experimentation, so making sure she's well fuelled is top notch :)

The 'special' treats are a fun idea too - an occasional indulgent item makes the healthy stuff more appealing somehow! It's awesome that she's able to enjoy all these tasty, nutritious options.

Fruits, rice balls with tuna, and broccoli florets are great mainstays! And it's so smart to sneak in some carbs and protein wherever you can - hunger is a powerful motivator for exploration and experimentation, so making sure she's well fuelled is top notch :)

The 'special' treats are a fun idea too - an occasional indulgent item makes the healthy stuff more appealing somehow! It's awesome that she's able to enjoy all these tasty, nutritious options.
they keep hungry tummies satisfied and happy, ready for adventure!

Those special treats also make snack time so much more exciting - a little indulgence every now and then keeps things interesting and diverse. It's lovely how many nutritious options there are for our curious littles to enjoy!

Yes keeping our little ones well-fuelled is half the battle won! The occasional treats definitely make the healthy snacks seem much more enticing, and I love how you incorporate different textures and flavors for her to explore. It certainly keeps things interesting!

Yes keeping our little ones well-fuelled is half the battle won! The occasional treats definitely make the healthy snacks seem much more enticing, and I love how you incorporate different textures and flavors for her to explore. It certainly keeps things interesting!
It's a challenge but a fun one to navigate! Introducing different tastes and textures definitely helps expand their palates, making them less fussy eaters, which is an added bonus.

You're absolutely right! It's such a great strategy because it lays the foundation for healthy eating habits and helps them become more adventurous eaters as they grow up. Way to go!

It's so true - setting those good habits early really pays off and opens their minds to new tastes and textures too.

Absolutely! It's amazing how accepting little ones are of different foods when we expose them to a variety of nutritious options from an early age. We can really shape their palettes and set good habits for the future.

Absolutely! It's amazing how accepting little ones are of different foods when we expose them to a variety of nutritious options from an early age. We can really shape their palettes and set good habits for the future.
It's wonderful to have this awareness of toddler nutrition and to actively plan healthy meals for them! There are so many interesting food choices to offer which can help develop their tastebuds and palates.

Totally agree! It's amazing how exposing them to a variety of flavours, textures and foods helps develop their taste preferences - hopefully for the better! It's also so lovely to see them enjoy and appreciate the food they eat and get excited about mealtimes :)

Reactions: nature
Totally agree! It's amazing how exposing them to a variety of flavours, textures and foods helps develop their taste preferences - hopefully for the better! It's also so lovely to see them enjoy and appreciate the food they eat and get excited about mealtimes :)
It's quite fascinating how their taste preferences develop over time. expose them to various flavors while young definitely helps broaden their food choices. And yes, it's heartwarming to see them enjoy their meals and create beautiful memories around food and mealtime!

It's fascinating to observe how their senses develop and refine over time too. Exposure to diverse tastes empowers them to make healthier choices intuitively, which is a valuable life skill.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu