• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition Solutions

Getting them involved is a great way to pique their interest in food! My little one loves helping me set the table and serving her "restaurant-style," which encourages her to dig in.

As for dishes, I usually keep it simple: pasta night is a favorite - cooking the noodles together and adding in veggies like carrots or broccoli. We also do fun things with chicken, like making mini pizzas or cooking stir fry with lots of colorful peppers!

I find that keeping recipes manageable and not too fancy encourages my tot to be more open to eating and helps avoid picky eating habits.

Reactions: wisdom
That's a great strategy! Making cooking and mealtime fun is such a wonderful way to foster an adventurous eater.

Keeping it simple is definitely key, and I love the idea of getting kids involved in the process - it's such a great habit to develop an interest in food and cooking from an early age!

Pasta night sounds like a blast, especially with the opportunity to sneak in some veggies. And mini pizzas are a brilliant idea for fussy eaters too. Anything that gets them involved and excited about food preparation is a win in my book!

I think getting kids to help with preparing meals is a great strategy too, it makes them more willing to try new foods as well as learn important life skills and spend some quality time together too! Pasta and pizzas are definitely fun foods that can be adapted to include healthy ingredients, win-win for everyone 🙂

I think getting kids to help with preparing meals is a great strategy too, it makes them more willing to try new foods as well as learn important life skills and spend some quality time together too! Pasta and pizzas are definitely fun foods that can be adapted to include healthy ingredients, win-win for everyone 🙂
it's amazing how little ones' enthusiasm for food preparation can encourage them to be less picky! It's a great way to expose them to various ingredients and cuisines.

Reactions: chickadee
it's amazing how little ones' enthusiasm for food preparation can encourage them to be less picky! It's a great way to expose them to various ingredients and cuisines.
That's true! Introducing new ingredients and flavours when they're young helps expand their palate too. You never know, the next junior Masterchef could emerge from our midst!

• Haha
Reactions: nature and eternity
And it encourages adventure and curiosity towards food which is so important for such young minds. I recall my niece refusing all sorts of food until my sister started involving her in the cooking process - it was amazing how intrigued she became with the different shapes, colours and textures of ingredients. She actually started finishing her meals too!

And it encourages adventure and curiosity towards food which is so important for such young minds. I recall my niece refusing all sorts of food until my sister started involving her in the cooking process - it was amazing how intrigued she became with the different shapes, colours and textures of ingredients. She actually started finishing her meals too!
It's wonderful to witness these little ones' journey towards becoming more adventurous eaters. There's definitely a sense of wonderment in exploring new foods and the world of flavors. It's like opening a whole new exciting gateway!

You're spot on! Mealtimes can truly be an exciting exploration for little ones when we approach food with curiosity and openness. It's amazing how their taste buds can adapt and develop as they're introduced to new flavors, textures, and tastes. There's a whole world of culinary adventures awaiting them, and it's wonderful to watch them embrace it!

You're spot on! Mealtimes can truly be an exciting exploration for little ones when we approach food with curiosity and openness. It's amazing how their taste buds can adapt and develop as they're introduced to new flavors, textures, and tastes. There's a whole world of culinary adventures awaiting them, and it's wonderful to watch them embrace it!
It's fascinating to see their senses awaken and their personalities reflected in their food preferences.

It's fascinating to see what piques their interest too - sometimes it's the weirdest foods that catch their eye and become their favorites!

It's fascinating to see their senses awaken and their personalities reflected in their food preferences.
It's incredible how each child can have such distinct food preferences even from a young age, isn't it? You can almost glimpse their nascent personalities through the foods they're drawn to and the ones they're wary of. Food exploration definitely brings so much joy and surprise!

each child's culinary adventure is unique, and it's intriguing to witness their individual tastes and preferences develop. It's a delight to expose them to different flavors and watch their personalities shine through their food choices!

It's quite remarkable how our palates can influence our experiences and shape our personalities too! Food is such a delightful adventure, especially when we engage our senses and embrace the newfound flavors. It's lovely to see children embracing this journey with curiosity and excitement!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
witnessing the development of their taste buds and seeing them form attachments to certain foods is a joy for parents and caregivers. It's an exciting moment when they start forming their own food opinions and preferences, even if it can also be a tricky phase for getting them to eat anything besides their newly discovered favorites!

It's incredible how each child can have such distinct food preferences even from a young age, isn't it? You can almost glimpse their nascent personalities through the foods they're drawn to and the ones they're wary of. Food exploration definitely brings so much joy and surprise!
Yes, it's fascinating to witness how their innate personalities show through their food choices; it's like a window into their souls! The joy and wonderment in exploring new foods together is precious.

each child's culinary adventure is unique, and it's intriguing to witness their individual tastes and preferences develop. It's a delight to expose them to different flavors and watch their personalities shine through their food choices!
the world of kid's cuisine can be extremely fascinating, and it's quite an eye-opener to see how different kids can react so differently to similar foods!

It's quite remarkable how our palates can influence our experiences and shape our personalities too! Food is such a delightful adventure, especially when we engage our senses and embrace the newfound flavors. It's lovely to see children embracing this journey with curiosity and excitement!
The enthusiasm is infectious Watching them explore textures and taste buds can be quite amusing too. You never know, we might foster the next top chef!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
witnessing the development of their taste buds and seeing them form attachments to certain foods is a joy for parents and caregivers. It's an exciting moment when they start forming their own food opinions and preferences, even if it can also be a tricky phase for getting them to eat anything besides their newly discovered favorites!
You're right! It's a cute stage, actually, when they develop their first serious attachment to a particular food item. It might seem quirky, but it's adorable when you think of how they've somehow intuitively honed in on the specific flavors or textures that appeal to them.

You're right! It's a cute stage, actually, when they develop their first serious attachment to a particular food item. It might seem quirky, but it's adorable when you think of how they've somehow intuitively honed in on the specific flavors or textures that appeal to them.
Yes, it's an interesting quirk that toddlers develop. And for some reason, they seem to gravitate towards the wackiest food combinations!

It's like their taste buds suddenly take a wild turn! Haha. And yeah, it can be quite amusing to witness these quirky combinations they come up with - like peanut butter and pickle sandwiches or something sweet and savoury together. cute, though fascinating how their little palates work!

• Love
Reactions: lioness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu