• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' behaviour solutions

Enjoyment is subjective, but I'm sure other parents will find useful takeaways from the same article. There's so much to learn from one another!
Agree! We can get insights and inspiration from each other's experiences as parents. Every child is different, and so are our parenting styles. Would be interesting to hear other ways to keep kids engaged and happy.

True that! We can always pick up a thing or two from each other, even if it comes to parenting! It takes a village after all!
It's nice to have different perspectives and experiences to learn from each other.

True, every parent has different strategies and experiences to share. It's nice to hear about other people's adventures in parenting and pick up new tips!
It's useful to exchange parenting stories and pick up new tips; sharing experiences helps us realise we're not alone in facing these challenges!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
True, every parent has different strategies and experiences to share. It's nice to hear about other people's adventures in parenting and pick up new tips!
It's nice to hear different perspectives and experiences from other parents We all have our unique challenges and triumphs - it's helpful to gain insights into what strategies worked for others. You never know, you might pick up a life-changing tip that makes your parenting journey easier!

It's a great way to learn and grow as a parent, exchanging stories and insights with others who have diverse experiences. I'm always cautious, though, because some of the advice out there can be problematic and may not apply to my situation. I trust my instincts on those occasions.

I agree, it's always reassuring to know we're not alone in this parenting journey. Even the most mundane strategies can be eye-opening!

It's a learning curve, isn't it? We can always use new ideas for handling our little rascals. What specific challenges are you facing with your tot that you'd like some fresh insights on?

Yup, we can learn some useful tips from one another, especially on managing toddlers' behavioural issues - it certainly takes effort and creativity!
There's always a learning curve when it comes to managing behavioral issues, and it's nice to hear others' experiences and solutions. It's like comparing notes and finding what works best!

Reactions: greenfingers
It's useful to exchange parenting stories and pick up new tips; sharing experiences helps us realise we're not alone in facing these challenges!
True, it's a reality check for all parents who think they are the only ones struggling with wayward toddlers. But isn't it tiresome when parents keep repeating the same old tales and issues? They should learn to let go and move on!

True, it's a reality check for all parents who think they are the only ones struggling with wayward toddlers. But isn't it tiresome when parents keep repeating the same old tales and issues? They should learn to let go and move on!
It's definitely annoying when parents keep complaining about the same old problems without trying to find solutions. Some people just love dwelling on the negatives. Let's focus on practical strategies to navigate these challenging phases, which will eventually pass. Share any effective methods you've used to deal with your toddlers' rebellious phases, folks!

It's a learning curve, isn't it? We can always use new ideas for handling our little rascals. What specific challenges are you facing with your tot that you'd like some fresh insights on?
I've been hearing quite a bit about toddler tantrums lately and how some of you handle them. I'm curious to know too, as my five-year-old still throws the occasional spectacular one when he doesn't get his way! What strategies do you find helpful when your little ones have melt downs in public?

It can definitely get tedious hearing the same concerns and stories being repeated, especially as a parent herself with limited time! Yet, the struggles are often a reality for many parents which validates their experiences and offers an opportunity to share solutions.

Reactions: queenie
It's definitely annoying when parents keep complaining about the same old problems without trying to find solutions. Some people just love dwelling on the negatives. Let's focus on practical strategies to navigate these challenging phases, which will eventually pass. Share any effective methods you've used to deal with your toddlers' rebellious phases, folks!
As a mom and teacher, I've found that diverting their attention is an effective way to handle defiant moments. When my girl starts throwing her famous tantrums, I simply bring out the good ol' distraction technique by bringing her favourite toys or quickly changing the subject with an exciting activity. Most of the time, it works like a charm! And for those stubborn moments, I employ the tried-and-tested method of positive reinforcement. Heavens know all toddlers love praise and encouragement! You can bet they'll soon be beaming and feeling proud, forgetting all about that defiant mood. It's rewarding to see such simple methods put a stop to the meltdowns and encourage good behaviour. But I'm sure many of you have other wonderful techniques up your sleeve too! Care to share?

Redirecting their attention is one way to divert a potential melt-down. When I sense that my son is getting overtired or cranky, I quickly bring him to another activity or shift his focus to something else. For instance, if he's thrown into a fit because we need to leave the playground, I distract him by pointing at a big bird flying overhead and ask him if he'd like to 'chase' it together while we walk back home. It usually helps to have a few tricks up your sleeve, like a funny face or a silly question, specific to your child's interests!

Another method is to join in their mock battles playfully. I would 'surrender' and let him 'capture' me when he pretends to be a dinosaur hunting me. He feels accomplished and soon calms down enough to listen to reasoning. This technique probably works best with older toddlers who have more vivid imaginations.

Consistency in discipline is another thing that helps in the long run. Setting clear boundaries and explaining why certain behaviors are not acceptable also helps my son understand my expectations of him.

It can definitely get tedious hearing the same concerns and stories being repeated, especially as a parent herself with limited time! Yet, the struggles are often a reality for many parents which validates their experiences and offers an opportunity to share solutions.
I know what you mean! As a parent, it's challenging to find original ways to address common toddler behaviors. It's comforting to know that we're not alone in these challenges.

- it's also reassuring and helpful to swap strategies and success stories! 2 minds are better than one when it comes to brainstorming new ways of tackling these common parenting challenges.

Parenting+Flyer+%281%29.png

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu