• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' behaviors and development

True ah! Giving clear and simple instructions helps me too. And also prepare everything the night before so got less fuss in the morning when everyone is rushing out. If not sure what to do or how to handle certain situations, I just follow my tot's lead and go along with her pace - see how she does things her way first, then guide her from there.
Yes ah, I think so too! Giving responsibilities according to their ability and age is a great way to foster a sense of accomplishment and independence. Like you said, giving choices also helps them develop their decision-making skills. We can slowly expand their scope of decisions as they grow older - like letting them choose an outfit, book or game, etc. Simple but effective ways to manage their curiosity and assertiveness!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Yeah, it's like a double-edged sword when they start asserting themselves. Gotta be consistent and firm but also give them some wiggle room or they'll get overwhelmed.

I find that giving simple choices and lots of explanations help too. Like you said, they're like sponges so might as well make the most of their absorbency!

Tantrums - yikes. I just let them be and keep my cool. They usually realize quite fast that no one's gonna give in so might as well chill.

Their curiosity is SO adorable though, especially when it comes to new skills they suddenly pick up. Encourage and provide resources, the learning bugs will eventually bite!

53760406863_f834b29e69_m.jpg

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Yeah, it's like a double-edged sword when they start asserting themselves. Gotta be consistent and firm but also give them some wiggle room or they'll get overwhelmed.

I find that giving simple choices and lots of explanations help too. Like you said, they're like sponges so might as well make the most of their absorbency!

Tantrums - yikes. I just let them be and keep my cool. They usually realize quite fast that no one's gonna give in so might as well chill.

Their curiosity is SO adorable though, especially when it comes to new skills they suddenly pick up. Encourage and provide resources, the learning bugs will eventually bite!

53760406863_f834b29e69_m.jpg
I know right! It's quite something to witness their newfound independence and how they start applying it. The many new behaviours sure keep us on our toes!

I've found that giving choices and keeping calm works best for me most of the time. And I love seeing them explore new skills, it's like a little everyday miracle! haha. Explaining things also helps, cos then I know they understand what's up and are less likely to throw a fit. But ya, sometimes gotta let them wear themselves out with their tantrums and save our energy for the real battles!

52995274359_8121da004f_m.jpg

It's an exciting phase as our little ones start exploring their independence!

I find keeping my cool and being consistent in managing her emotions/behaviour is key - which can be challenging especially when they're throwing tantrums! But yeah, staying firm yet calm helps me to not escalate situations and also teach her manageable expectations.

giving simple and clear explanations, and offering choices also helps to some extent in making her feel involved and understood. Like for simple decisions like what to wear, or which toy to play with next etc., it buys me some peace too!

I also find that having structured activities and plenty of physical playtime help tire her out healthily and she's more contented and well-behaved thereafter. But yeah, managing toddler energy levels can be quite the workout for us parents too haha.

What other strategies have worked for you guys?

200.gif

• Love
Reactions: travelmum

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu