• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Behavior

Water play is a lot of fun! My toddler enjoys it too and it's so simple to set up - we keep it going for longer with different containers and toys, which keeps her engaged. We also sometimes add in some food colouring or a few drops of soap/shampoo to make it more exciting.
It's amazing how something as basic as water play can be so intriguing to young kids! I remember my daughter enjoying simple water play with different-sized containers when she was younger too.

Using soap or shampoo to create suds or adding food colouring for a bit of color is a great idea to make it more fun and stimulating. It's a good way to learn about colors and textures too.

Do you have any other creative ways to keep toddlers entertained with everyday items? Simple and mess-free ideas are always helpful for busy moms!

My son loves playing with balls. We found some old plastic ones from the 90s that light up when they hit the ground - those were a huge hit and provided hours of fun! Also, anything that involves pouring or transferring. He loved filling little containers with uncooked pasta or beads and then pouring them into a big pot. Keeping the different coloured pencils together and colouring is also a favourite. We also did a lot of "painting" with chalk outside - just a few drops of water on the sidewalk and some old broken bits of chalk 'painted' with a broom handle! Messy play with ice cubes was fun too and easy to set up - great for those hot days when you want to cool down anyway.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu