• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Nutrition

Store-bought tortilla chips are definitely convenient, but homemade ones are a lot healthier without all the added oil and salt. They come out crispy and delicious! I usually bake them for around 12-15 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, keeping an eye on them to make sure they don't burn. Sometimes I'll add some spices too, like chili powder or garlic powder, which my toddler surprisingly loves! It's definitely worth the effort and a fun activity to involve your little one in too - they can help with the seasoning or even just watching the chips puff up in the oven.

That's a great idea! I've never tried making my own tortilla chips before, but it sounds so much healthier and fun to do with the little one. I usually struggle to keep snacks healthy and interesting - toddler palates are so finicky! But this seems like a good way to make sure everyone in the family is snacking on something nutritious without sacrificing taste. Thanks for sharing!

That's a great idea! I've never tried making my own tortilla chips before, but it sounds so much healthier and fun to do with the little one. I usually struggle to keep snacks healthy and interesting - toddler palates are so finicky! But this seems like a good way to make sure everyone in the family is snacking on something nutritious without sacrificing taste. Thanks for sharing!
It's definitely a fun and easy way to switch up snack time. I'm glad you found it helpful!

They're quick, nutritious and mess-free which is always a bonus! Anything to make snack-time simpler and keep the little ones full and happy.
I agree that making homemade snacks can significantly impact simplicity and nutrition! It's often just as easy (if not easier) than buying them pre-made. You also know exactly what's going into their food, which is satisfying as a parent.

It's definitely reassuring to know exactly what they're consuming, and it's so simple! Some homemade snacks are just too easy! But it makes such a difference.

It's definitely reassuring to know exactly what they're consuming, and it's so simple! Some homemade snacks are just too easy! But it makes such a difference.
That's why I love finding new ways to prep healthy toddler treats - the easier it is, the more likely I am to do it! (And less clean-up is always a huge bonus!)

Reactions: sportytina
Some great recent finds:

- Frozen yogurt and fruit pops are a major hit with my toddler, plus they're easy to make. I've been adding purees of various veggies (carrots, spinach) to the fruity batches - can't taste them at all but an extra nutrition boost!

- 'No bake' oatmeal energy balls made with peanut butter, oats, flax seed, and some dark cocoa powder. They're a soft, chewy texture which is perfect for little ones and they stay filled for a while since they're so protein rich. I roll them into smaller sized balls too, perfect for tiny hands to grab!

- I've started storing some dry cereals in small plastic containers that are easy to pour. My toddler can help herself to these throughout the day - less mess than pouring from the box and she enjoys her independent snacking. Some of the healthier varieties are really tasty too!

What other snack inspiration do you guys have? Always looking for new ideas!

Way to go! We all benefit from quick, easy, and nutritious snacks for our little ones. Do you have any healthy snack hacks you've found lately? I'm always looking for inspiration!
I recently discovered these freeze-dried fruits that are basically nature's candy! They're sweet enough that they feel like a treat, but they're just pure fruit with nothing added. My son loves them, and I love that I can give him a yummy snack without any added sugar or preservatives.

I also noticed that cutting food into fun shapes gets the little one more excited about eating his veggies and fruits. Using cookie cutters to create shaped treats is an exciting activity, and the results are cute and Instagram-worthy! tot-friendly finger foods are so much fun - and yes, a healthier alternative to the usual chips and sweets.

I recently discovered these freeze-dried fruits that are basically nature's candy! They're sweet enough that they feel like a treat, but they're just pure fruit with nothing added. My son loves them, and I love that I can give him a yummy snack without any added sugar or preservatives.

I also noticed that cutting food into fun shapes gets the little one more excited about eating his veggies and fruits. Using cookie cutters to create shaped treats is an exciting activity, and the results are cute and Instagram-worthy! tot-friendly finger foods are so much fun - and yes, a healthier alternative to the usual chips and sweets.
It's wonderful how creative we can get with making healthy snacks interesting! I've seen those freeze-dried fruits; they look so fun and are such a great idea!

Shaped foods are an exciting and clever way to make eating more enjoyable for toddlers. Using cookie cutters for variety is a thoughtful idea - I'll have to remember that for when my kiddo gets older!

Using cookie cutters to shape food is a wonderful trick to entice toddlers to eat their nutritious meals. The excitement of choosing which shapes to eat first makes meal times fun! I've seen many cute bento boxes with meals themed and cutely shaped, although it can seem excessive for everyday meals. Still, it's fun for special treats!

Shaping food into different forms definitely makes eating an enjoyable experience for toddlers. It adds a bit of playfulness and excitement to mealtimes, especially when they get to pick their favourite shapes! Although I've not yet tried the bento box style, I'm thinking it could be worth the effort for some special occasions to make eating an even more visual experience.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu