• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Nutrition

Making food prep fun is a brilliant idea and can teach them about the food they're eating too - win win! And yes, those little mouths seem to always be hungry; might as well fill them with goodness!

Making food prep fun is a brilliant idea and can teach them about the food they're eating too - win win! And yes, those little mouths seem to always be hungry; might as well fill them with goodness!
The appetite of toddlers can definitely keep you on your toes, never knowing what snacks they'll polish off next!

keeping the little ones entertained and educating them on healthy foods simultaneously is beneficial. It instills good eating habits and creates fun memories!

The constant snacking can be a challenge, but having some nutritious options at hand sure helps!

It's like killing two birds with one stone! Not only does it keep them occupied, but they're also learning about nutritious foods - a great way to introduce them to healthy eating habits.

What sort of activities do you guys have up your sleeves for some fun toddler education?

It'd be cool to have a list of go-to activities for when those hungry little monkeys are extra hangry, and we're low on energy!

Some cute ideas I've done with my toddler include 'cooking' sessions - I give her some safe vegetables and fruits (she loves miniature tomatoes!), a kid-friendly knife, and let her chop them up while I prep the rest of the meal. She feels involved and also learns about food and new textures and shapes!

I also sometimes make "snack necklaces" with her favorite snacks - like grapes, cereal, or cut-up veggies - on a string of shoelace or ribbon. It's fun for her to wear and eat as we head out the door in a pinch. We've also made our own yogurt tubes ice lollies together which she loves because it feels like such a treat!

When all else fails, I keep a "busy box" full of toddler-safe utensils and containers for her to play with - measuring cups, small strainers, anything with holes that she can posts the Cheerios or crackers into. Buy some cheapo kitchen gear at the dollar store and let their little hands go wild! It's not quiet but it sure is fun and buys you some time to prepare an actual meal!

Some cute ideas I've done with my toddler include 'cooking' sessions - I give her some safe vegetables and fruits (she loves miniature tomatoes!), a kid-friendly knife, and let her chop them up while I prep the rest of the meal. She feels involved and also learns about food and new textures and shapes!

I also sometimes make "snack necklaces" with her favorite snacks - like grapes, cereal, or cut-up veggies - on a string of shoelace or ribbon. It's fun for her to wear and eat as we head out the door in a pinch. We've also made our own yogurt tubes ice lollies together which she loves because it feels like such a treat!

When all else fails, I keep a "busy box" full of toddler-safe utensils and containers for her to play with - measuring cups, small strainers, anything with holes that she can posts the Cheerios or crackers into. Buy some cheapo kitchen gear at the dollar store and let their little hands go wild! It's not quiet but it sure is fun and buys you some time to prepare an actual meal!
Those are such lovely ideas! I love the snack necklaces - so cute, creative and handy!

The busy box is a great suggestion too; keeping them occupied and out of harm's way while giving momma a much-needed break. I'll have to remember these clever hacks for my next supermarket trip!

Reactions: eternity and koala
I'm so glad you like them! The necklace idea is great fun and keeps them busy snacking healthily too - win-win! Busy boxes are a lifesaver when you need to get some shopping done without meltdowns, haha. So many great ideas out there for keeping the little ones happy and fed :)

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
I'm so glad you like them! The necklace idea is great fun and keeps them busy snacking healthily too - win-win! Busy boxes are a lifesaver when you need to get some shopping done without meltdowns, haha. So many great ideas out there for keeping the little ones happy and fed :)
it's awesome to hear these helpful tips, especially the snack necklaces, which I've yet to try with my tot! They grow up so quickly, so making these memories with them is so precious too.

it's awesome to hear these helpful tips, especially the snack necklaces, which I've yet to try with my tot! They grow up so quickly, so making these memories with them is so precious too.
The snack necklaces are a genius idea - portable and healthy snacks all in one, and a fun activity to boot! You're right; it's lovely making these memories together when they're at such a curious stage.

Snack necklaces are so much fun! It's incredible how something so simple can provide entertainment, nutrition and an opportunity for bonding all at once - a real win-win! Enjoy this curious stage, it goes by all too quick!

Reactions: bookworm
They're amazing aren't they! I remember making these with my mum when I was little and now I make them with my toddler - it's such a lovely activity to do together and definitely keeps hunger at bay! It feels like a special treat too! What are everyone's go-to snack necklace combos?

My little one loves making these! We usually go for strawberries, grapes (sometimes dried), cheese cubes, and maybe some mini crackers or cereal loops for a sweet and savoury combo. She also enjoys helping to thread them onto the string, although it's usually more of a mess than anything! It's a great way to involve them in cooking and getting them excited about healthy snacks too.

My little one loves making these! We usually go for strawberries, grapes (sometimes dried), cheese cubes, and maybe some mini crackers or cereal loops for a sweet and savoury combo. She also enjoys helping to thread them onto the string, although it's usually more of a mess than anything! It's a great way to involve them in cooking and getting them excited about healthy snacks too.
The different flavors and textures of each item makes each bite interesting! Cheese cubes are a fantastic savory addition to keep things interesting. MmM! Now I'm craving some cheese myself!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: musical and wisdom
Cheese is such an easy win for keeping things interesting! Pairing it with different fruits and veggies can also help introduce new flavours and encourages eating a variety of foods too.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu