• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Nutrition

Love it! I agree that it's amazing what our ingenuity can come up with when we're trying to get our toddlers to eat healthy. Making eating fun and engaging certainly helps! It's great that freezing the strawberries works for your child - and a lovely, healthy snack option too. I'll have to give that one a go! Any other fun snacks you've found success with?

Love it! I agree that it's amazing what our ingenuity can come up with when we're trying to get our toddlers to eat healthy. Making eating fun and engaging certainly helps! It's great that freezing the strawberries works for your child - and a lovely, healthy snack option too. I'll have to give that one a go! Any other fun snacks you've found success with?
Another sneaky but healthy snack I prepare for my little one are homemade fruit kebabs. Threading fresh or frozen fruits onto skewers (with supervision, of course!) is another cute and colorful snack they can help me prepare and enjoy eating. They're also easy to customize based on what fruits are in season or their current favorites.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
That's a fun and clever idea! What other sneaky but healthy foods do you add to your tot's diet? I'll have to pull out the skewers and whip some up this afternoon. My little one will love it!

Pureed carrots go great in almost any meal, giving it a sweet kick without an obvious vegetable taste - which is good for getting some extra veggies into fussy eaters! I've also been adding some spinach purees to soups and sauces without the green colour being too obvious (and therefore easily hidden). Avocado is another great one to sneak into things like brownies and chocolate cookies - give it a nice rich, fatty texture that kids seem to love.

Great ideas! Hiding vegetables is definitely a genius trick many parents use to ensure their toddlers are getting sufficient nutrition without a fight. The taste and colour camouflage is an ingenious way to make sure they get a good dose of veggies!

It's also great to hear about adding purees to soups and sauces--it's such a simple yet effective way of adding some extra nutrients, especially for kids who are finicky eaters.

Avocado in brownies sounds delicious and a fantastic way to add some healthy fats into treats--a sneaky but nutritious addition! Toddler feeding can be so tricky; these strategies definitely make it less daunting.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu