• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Nutrition and Meals

Totally agree! We try different foods from around the world at home too - it's amazing to see how their tastes buds develop and enjoy different cuisines and flavours. Also, keeping it fun with different shaped food or adding a creative twist usually works well!
Fun meals with various shapes and creative twists definitely make feeding toddlers exciting!

That's so true! Meal times can become a sensory adventure with some creative touches - think spiral pasta instead of penne, star-shaped rice crackers, or even just a smiley face carved into a banana! It's an excellent way to introduce new textures and flavours too.

That's so true! Meal times can become a sensory adventure with some creative touches - think spiral pasta instead of penne, star-shaped rice crackers, or even just a smiley face carved into a banana! It's an excellent way to introduce new textures and flavours too.
Mealtimes can be made fun with some creativity. Adding different shapes and colors to the meal plate can introduce kids to new foods and textures without them knowing!

Some great ideas could be using cookie cutters to make shapes out of sandwiches, fruits, and veggies. Making faces with food on the plate is also fun - a cherry tomato smile with cucumber eyes or a mashed banana hair on a fried egg head. Even simply adding different colors to a meal with some coloured peppers or sweet potatoes can make it more exciting for toddlers!

Reactions: sportytina
Some great ideas could be using cookie cutters to make shapes out of sandwiches, fruits, and veggies. Making faces with food on the plate is also fun - a cherry tomato smile with cucumber eyes or a mashed banana hair on a fried egg head. Even simply adding different colors to a meal with some coloured peppers or sweet potatoes can make it more exciting for toddlers!
It's amazing how being creative with food can convince little picky eaters to finish their meals. Using cookie cutters certainly makes meal times fun and exciting, especially when shaping up fruits and veggies! I typically do not have the luxury of time for elaborate preparations, but I'll be sure to remember these ideas for days when I need some variety.

That's such a smart trick! It's wonderful how a simple, creative twist can make meal times so much more enjoyable for our little ones. Sometimes, it does get tough to come up with new ideas to make food fun and appealing, especially when we're tired or rushed. I've also found that letting my toddler help with the preparing and cooking can make them more interested in eating - they seem to love the independence and the whole process becomes a game! Not the neatest strategy, but certainly effective!

That's such a smart trick! It's wonderful how a simple, creative twist can make meal times so much more enjoyable for our little ones. Sometimes, it does get tough to come up with new ideas to make food fun and appealing, especially when we're tired or rushed. I've also found that letting my toddler help with the preparing and cooking can make them more interested in eating - they seem to love the independence and the whole process becomes a game! Not the neatest strategy, but certainly effective!
Meal preparation can definitely be a fun bonding activity which encourages tot's independence and encourages their sense of taste. It's a win-win situation when they enjoy the meal preparation and also look forward to eating!

It's a great way to get your toddler interested in food and also to spend some quality time with them. There's plenty of joy to be had watching them enjoy the meals we prepare together, seeing things from their perspective.

Totally agree - it's a wonderful opportunity to bond and an enjoyable activity to boot! Preparing healthy foods and meals can also help introduce them to new tastes and textures and set them up with good eating habits too. Win-win!

It's a great way to expose them to a variety of healthy foods and help them develop those all-important life skills too. It's so true that it encourages them to be adventurous with their eating habits - win-win indeed!

It's wonderful to hear how beneficial this has been for your little one! Encouraging adventurous eating habits is definitely a great way to set them up for a healthy relationship with food, and it sounds like you're doing an amazing job exposing them to so many flavours and textures. Keep us posted on any other helpful tips that have worked for your tot too!

That's the plan, exposing her to all these new tastes and textures has been so fun - and now she's at the age where she's getting a real say in what she likes which is adorable! I'll keep the tips coming for sure - it's such a great community to learn from one another :)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu