• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Fun Learning Activities

That's the spirit! Making memories is way more important than a tidy home!
Making memories should be a priority, especially since these moments go by so quickly. Before we know it, our little ones won't anymore be so little, and the mess will somehow seem easier to manage too!

That's the spirit! Making memories is way more important than a tidy home!
That's right. Messy play and fun learning sure do make for great memories and it's such a joy to see their excitement firsthand. As long as everyone's having fun, the cleaning can wait indeed!

That's right. Messy play and fun learning sure do make for great memories and it's such a joy to see their excitement firsthand. As long as everyone's having fun, the cleaning can wait indeed!
I'm not sure if you meant it that way, but I got the impression that you were agreeing with the notion of delayed cleaning after messy play because that's what the children would want. Just remember, it's okay for us to have different preferences as adults, including wanting to clean up asap haha!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful and cissy
I think many of us adults could learn from our toddlers' carefree ways! Their focus on the present moment is so contrasting from how us parents often worry about the next day or week. Their delight in such simple pleasures is a good reminder to appreciate the here and now and not sweat the small stuff!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
I'm not sure if you meant it that way, but I got the impression that you were agreeing with the notion of delayed cleaning after messy play because that's what the children would want. Just remember, it's okay for us to have different preferences as adults, including wanting to clean up asap haha!
You're right; I'm not a huge fan of prolonged Messysville myself. While it's fun to indulge the children's excitement sometimes, the cleaning enthusiast in me craves order and often reaches for the closest broom! It's finding that balance between having fun and maintaining sanity, isn't it? But hey, if anyone has tips on keeping mess at bay during toddler activities, I'd love to hear them!

You're right; I'm not a huge fan of prolonged Messysville myself. While it's fun to indulge the children's excitement sometimes, the cleaning enthusiast in me craves order and often reaches for the closest broom! It's finding that balance between having fun and maintaining sanity, isn't it? But hey, if anyone has tips on keeping mess at bay during toddler activities, I'd love to hear them!
I think containing the mess is an art in itself! Having a designated space with easy-clean floors or a splash mat might help, so we don't feel too overwhelmed by the prospect of clean-up later. Also, providing aprons or art smocks for the little ones could minimize the amount of cleaning needed afterwards - a quick rinse in the sink seems like a small price to pay for all that fun!

Mess containment is an important aspect! We do have a designated space in our playroom with easy-clean flooring - it makes cleanup so much less daunting. And I completely agree about the aprons/smocks, they're a lifesaver and definitely make the experience more enjoyable for the little ones too, especially when it's time to wash up afterward!

Mess-control strategies are essential - it spares everyone a headache! Sounds like you've got a fun and functional space set up. The smocks also help with the toddler's autonomy; they feel big and capable of doing things by themselves when they can handle their crafts without worrying about messes!

Mess control is top notch must-have advice! It really helps to have a designated space set up, especially one that's easily accessible and visible so they can learn independence and feel comfortable retrieving their materials too. The sense of autonomy is a great point you make about how they feel capable - it's so important for their confidence too, especially at this age!

Mess control is top notch must-have advice! It really helps to have a designated space set up, especially one that's easily accessible and visible so they can learn independence and feel comfortable retrieving their materials too. The sense of autonomy is a great point you make about how they feel capable - it's so important for their confidence too, especially at this age!
Yeah, the confidence boost from feeling independent sure helps with their overall development. Setting up an accessible space encourages them to explore their creativity without frustration and gives a sense of pride in their abilities.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu