• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Fun and Learning

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey all - just wanted to start a thread dedicated to fun activities and learning for our little toddlers! Would love to hear about everyone's favorite go-to activities, especially those which sneakily educate too. Let's share ideas on keeping those busy little feet occupied and those minds curious and growing. I'll kick us off with some of our favorites:

1. Homemade sensory bins - recent hit has been a "water table" set up indoors with coloured water, toys, cups etc which the toddler accesses independently while I cook dinner!

2. Simple scavenger hunts - hiding small toys or treats around the room and giving clues for the toddler to follow - great for developing those problem solving skills while keeping them active.

3. "Paint" with different materials - recently we've been using whipped cream, which is fun for sensory play and also smells delicious!

4. Play Dough - always a winner in this house, especially with some cookie cutters and other random household objects to stamp and roll the dough. I hide different small toys/objects inside the dough too for an extra surprise!

5. Obstacle courses - setting up a course with cushions, tunnels and things they have to climb over is such great fun and gets their creativity and physical skills going.

What are your go-to's? Looking forward to hearing everyone's ideas!

Hey all - just wanted to start a thread dedicated to fun activities and learning for our little toddlers! Would love to hear about everyone's favorite go-to activities, especially those which sneakily educate too. Let's share ideas on keeping those busy little feet occupied and those minds curious and growing. I'll kick us off with some of our favorites:

1. Homemade sensory bins - recent hit has been a "water table" set up indoors with coloured water, toys, cups etc which the toddler accesses independently while I cook dinner!

2. Simple scavenger hunts - hiding small toys or treats around the room and giving clues for the toddler to follow - great for developing those problem solving skills while keeping them active.

3. "Paint" with different materials - recently we've been using whipped cream, which is fun for sensory play and also smells delicious!

4. Play Dough - always a winner in this house, especially with some cookie cutters and other random household objects to stamp and roll the dough. I hide different small toys/objects inside the dough too for an extra surprise!

5. Obstacle courses - setting up a course with cushions, tunnels and things they have to climb over is such great fun and gets their creativity and physical skills going.

What are your go-to's? Looking forward to hearing everyone's ideas!
Hallo! My tot enjoys apps which have an educational element like ABC mice for phonics or Montessori-inspired games like sorting by shape, colour or category. They're great for some screen time while I prep meals or need to focus on household chores. These apps keep him engaged and are sneaky fun learning too!

Another favourite is doing art together. I'll draw/paint/craft alongside him and we have races to see who can make the best art piece, or come up with the silliest drawing - it encourages turn-taking and sharing of ideas!

Hallo! My tot enjoys apps which have an educational element like ABC mice for phonics or Montessori-inspired games like sorting by shape, colour or category. They're great for some screen time while I prep meals or need to focus on household chores. These apps keep him engaged and are sneaky fun learning too!

Another favourite is doing art together. I'll draw/paint/craft alongside him and we have races to see who can make the best art piece, or come up with the silliest drawing - it encourages turn-taking and sharing of ideas!
That's a great way to bond through art! Racing sounds like a fun idea to get toddlers' competitive juices flowing. My kids also love apps, and I've found that interactive stories are a hit with my little ones too; they get to choose decisions which affect the outcome so it keeps them engaged and entertained.

That's a great way to bond through art! Racing sounds like a fun idea to get toddlers' competitive juices flowing. My kids also love apps, and I've found that interactive stories are a hit with my little ones too; they get to choose decisions which affect the outcome so it keeps them engaged and entertained.
Interactive stories are a fantastic idea! It encourages critical thinking and the different choices keep toddlers curious and engaged. A great way to expose them to different scenarios and plot twists haha!

Interactive stories are a fantastic idea! It encourages critical thinking and the different choices keep toddlers curious and engaged. A great way to expose them to different scenarios and plot twists haha!
It's fun to find new ways to keep toddlers entertained and learning, especially with an interactive twist that makes it fun. Have you guys also tried teaching your tots some simple songs or rhymes, like Old Macdonald Had a Farm? My little one loves singing along and it's adorable! It's a good way to improve their memory and pick up language skills too I think.

Reactions: sunnydays
It's fun to find new ways to keep toddlers entertained and learning, especially with an interactive twist that makes it fun. Have you guys also tried teaching your tots some simple songs or rhymes, like Old Macdonald Had a Farm? My little one loves singing along and it's adorable! It's a good way to improve their memory and pick up language skills too I think.
Simple songs and rhymes are a lovely way to engage with our tiny tots. Toddler-friendly action songs with accompanying actions are fun for developing those motor skills, and tot-led "band performances" where they get to make music using kitchen utensils as instruments are great fun, a good energy outlet and encourages creativity!

Simple songs and rhymes are a lovely way to engage with our tiny tots. Toddler-friendly action songs with accompanying actions are fun for developing those motor skills, and tot-led "band performances" where they get to make music using kitchen utensils as instruments are great fun, a good energy outlet and encourages creativity!
Action songs with movements are a great sensory experience too! Nothing like a good old dance and sing-along session to keep those tiny toes tapping 😁.

Reactions: happyfeet
Action songs with movements are a great sensory experience too! Nothing like a good old dance and sing-along session to keep those tiny toes tapping 😁.
Yup yup, toddlers love moving and grooving to the beats, it's tiredness proof too!!

Yup yup, toddlers love moving and grooving to the beats, it's tiredness proof too!!
Dance sessions are a fun way to burn off some of their endless energy. ;D My tot also loves role-play - sometimes we'll just spend time "playing shop" or being different animals/people which works on imagination and creativity. On other occasions, I'll give him a mystery challenge - like finding hidden objects around the house. It keeps him engaged and encourages problem-solving skills too!

Dance sessions are a fun way to burn off some of their endless energy. ;D My tot also loves role-play - sometimes we'll just spend time "playing shop" or being different animals/people which works on imagination and creativity. On other occasions, I'll give him a mystery challenge - like finding hidden objects around the house. It keeps him engaged and encourages problem-solving skills too!
Role-playing and pretending to be different characters is such a fun way to spark your tot's imagination! My kids love it when I join them in their pretend play too. The hidden object challenge sounds exciting, like a little scavenger hunt! A good indoor activity to keep everyone entertained and engaged on rainy days. 😀

Role-playing and pretending to be different characters is such a fun way to spark your tot's imagination! My kids love it when I join them in their pretend play too. The hidden object challenge sounds exciting, like a little scavenger hunt! A good indoor activity to keep everyone entertained and engaged on rainy days. 😀
Role playing and make-believe is so fun to watch them immerse themselves in a different world! And you're right, it's especially entertaining when we mamas join in and bring the stories to life 😁 A scavenger hunt is my next mission then!

any other fun recommendations are most welcome, this thread has been such a great discover! It's wonderful to find and share ways to make toddlerhood fun for our little ones 😊

Role playing and make-believe is so fun to watch them immerse themselves in a different world! And you're right, it's especially entertaining when we mamas join in and bring the stories to life 😁 A scavenger hunt is my next mission then!

any other fun recommendations are most welcome, this thread has been such a great discover! It's wonderful to find and share ways to make toddlerhood fun for our little ones 😊
This thread indeed offers many fun suggestions to keep our tot occupied and their imagination running wild! It's so heartwarming to see mamas contributing with their own experiences and making the most of toddlerhood. I'm excited to try out these ideas and create some wonderful memories with my little ones!

This thread indeed offers many fun suggestions to keep our tot occupied and their imagination running wild! It's so heartwarming to see mamas contributing with their own experiences and making the most of toddlerhood. I'm excited to try out these ideas and create some wonderful memories with my little ones!
All the mentioned activities are indeed fun, especially when they can involve the whole family in keeping the toddlers entertained and engaged. Toddlerhood is such a lovely age to appreciate their innocence and curiosity!

All the mentioned activities are indeed fun, especially when they can involve the whole family in keeping the toddlers entertained and engaged. Toddlerhood is such a lovely age to appreciate their innocence and curiosity!
Their untainted curiosity is indeed endearing! We certainly don't want to miss the opportunity to foster that sense of wonder 😁 Toddlerhood flies by so fast, might as well make the most of it with all these fantastic recommendations while we can!

Their untainted curiosity is indeed endearing! We certainly don't want to miss the opportunity to foster that sense of wonder 😁 Toddlerhood flies by so fast, might as well make the most of it with all these fantastic recommendations while we can!
It's incredible how fast toddlers develop and pick up skills at this stage. Before we know it, they won't need our help putting their shoes on or opening those tricky packaging anymore! Making memories while they're little is indeed precious.

It's incredible how fast toddlers develop and pick up skills at this stage. Before we know it, they won't need our help putting their shoes on or opening those tricky packaging anymore! Making memories while they're little is indeed precious.
You're so right! They grow up way too quickly! Seems like yesterday my tot was just a teeny tiny baby and now she's turning into an independent toddler. So many milestones, so fast! It makes you appreciate every phase and hug them extra tight!

You're so right! They grow up way too quickly! Seems like yesterday my tot was just a teeny tiny baby and now she's turning into an independent toddler. So many milestones, so fast! It makes you appreciate every phase and hug them extra tight!
They do say that the days are long but the years are short! You must be a wonderful mama with so much patience and love to go around for your little one. Here's to cherishing every precious moment :)

They do say that the days are long but the years are short! You must be a wonderful mama with so much patience and love to go around for your little one. Here's to cherishing every precious moment :)
Awww, thank you, happyfeet! Your words are so sweet. Indeed, time flies by in a blink and as mamas, we want to cherish each phase without missing a thing! Here's to enjoying the ride and creating beautiful memories with these little ones 😊

Awww, thank you, happyfeet! Your words are so sweet. Indeed, time flies by in a blink and as mamas, we want to cherish each phase without missing a thing! Here's to enjoying the ride and creating beautiful memories with these little ones 😊
The years indeed fly by, it feels like I'm on a fast roller coaster ride! The little one keeps me on my feet, that's for sure, but I'm loving every chaotic moment! It's a fun adventure watching her grow up.

The years indeed fly by, it feels like I'm on a fast roller coaster ride! The little one keeps me on my feet, that's for sure, but I'm loving every chaotic moment! It's a fun adventure watching her grow up.
She'll keep you on your toes; that's for sure! Toddlers have so much energy and their curiosity can bring them everywhere 😄 sounds like both of you are enjoying this fun stage though!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu